1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

Default coaches or players to blame?

I don't know what to think at this point. We have such inconsistent play, some nights, well let's be honest the beginning of the year we were strong attacking and confident now we are lucky to get one goal a game.

This begs the question, is it the coaches not getting the players ready or is it the players not performing...or is it both?

Let's hear ya LGK faithful.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    675 Post(s)

I'm inclined to think it's both. Imo, Stevens worked with Sutter so long, that I feel he's just too much like him to make a huge difference. As for the team, They remind me a lot of last season with their inconsistency. The organization, as it is now.......More like the Old Boys Club. Needed some new faces with new ideas; all they have is more of the same ole, same ole.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    465 Post(s)

They should bring in Mike Richards to coach.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3348 Post(s)

I dislike some of the concepts that the coaching staff still clings to. The way they segmentize the season and so forth looking to make the results manageable....I'd feel better if they were consistently preaching process and how to be better. There's complacency in a lot of their messages.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

What? You mean if you had one of your best games of the season, you wouldn't follow it up by re-inserting 3 injured players and a healthy scratch back into the lineup all at the same time, tweaking a lineup that was winning, and letting your fragile #1 goalie dictate his own schedule? Geez, I mean we're really splitting hairs now. This was the fathers trip, after all. Gotta make sure everybody gets to play in front of their dads again. Priorities, folks.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2603 Post(s)

I saw that AMart left the game in the 2nd period with an LBI...probably just so embarrassed that he wanted to get out of the game early!

I really do not understand the decision to play Quick last night. I'm sure his dad has seen him play plenty of times in the NHL.

GO KINGS GO!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)

Stevens is too much like Sutter. It is time to get completely away from that system and the core players. Stevens should never have played Quick when Kuemper has been hot. Just like Sutter also they have a more than capable backup (who probably could be a starter for some teams) but he rides Quick wayyy too much. The team looks no different than the past few years and extremely boring to watch. They looked so lost out there again a good team with skill and speed.

All the Kings can do is dump and chase because they don't have the speed and skill to bring in the puck and make the defense back off. Their passing is crap as well. I really think Blake should make major changes in the off-season and make it his team because it still looks like Sutter's system and the core people seem to not be changing their ways either. It is time to cut those core people and bring in some speed and skill with younger kids.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I saw that AMart left the game in the 2nd period with an LBI...probably just so embarrassed that he wanted to get out of the game early!

I heard that he left to go and update his linkedin profile/resume to find a new job. He also removed all references in his profile pointing to that he played D for the LA KINGS
    Last edited by Russ; February 2nd, 2018 at 10:29 AM.

What can Brown do for you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

It's really hard to say. This team hasn't been 100% healthy all season.