Thread: Okay Woodchuck chuckers, it's Ground hog day!

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

Default Okay Woodchuck chuckers, it's Ground hog day!

Everyone’s seen it, loves it and TBS is probably playing it for the next 24 hours (deservedly) but this thread is about random trivia, secret facts (your brother's roommate was a grip, etc.) from the movie. Whatcha got?

Mine: They did the math, for Bill Murray’s character to know all of the patterns in the movie he would have to have lived that day for ten years.

Whew! It makes the suicide montage a little more meaningful.

The Dolphin Cares!
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1911 Post(s)

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post

*laughing*

Whew! Whilst everyone else is preparing for the sky to fall we're on the roof with a six pack and a lawn chair waiting for the light show. =) My people.

I've only met one person who crapped on this movie (a former co-worker) and he said that he would have given up on Andie MacDowell after about a half-day. Oh, Stuart. You poor sad man.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2984 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post

Mine: They did the math, for Bill Murray’s character to know all of the patterns in the movie he would have to have lived that day for ten years.
    Not so fast, chicka.

Okay, so director Harold Ramis has sort of already answered it on the DVD commentary of the film (10 years he reckoned) and then later, in response to several sites online running an article that came to an answer of just 8 years, 8 months, and 16 days, he offered the following (seemingly contradicting his own bloody answer in the process!):
    I think the 10-year estimate is too short. It takes at least 10 years to get good at anything, and alloting for the down time and misguided years he spent, it had to be more like 30 or 40 years€
    These people calculated it at over 35 years. http://whatculture.com/film/just-how...hog-day?page=6

As for Andie McDowell's character, I would not have given up on her in a day either, she's amazing in the movie. Sadly, the real Andie McDowell has ruined the movie a bit for me because I heard her on a talk show once. Unfortunately, her intellect appears to be rivaled by that of garden tools. I have a hard forgetting that.

P.S. Did you know the actress who plays Jill Garvey is McDowell's daughter?

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

Yay! More people at the rooftop party!
    Jesus. 35 years? Ugh.

I did know about Andie's daughter; she has such haunting beauty and was super talented in that role.