1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John a90 View Post
    That and I still don't like the delay of game call when someone ACCIDENTLY shoots the puck out of the ice. I can see it if it's done on purpose, but by accident?
    Then you must not have been watching all those decades when it was obvious to everyone and their dead grandmother that a player had intentionally fired the puck over the glass only to have the ref yawn and look the other way. Leaving it to the referee's discretion was a monumental joke.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man #32 View Post
    Darcy could be our future
    Only if he watches and embraces video of Quick smoking Corey Perry in scrums around the crease.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    628 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    Then you must not have been watching all those decades when it was obvious to everyone and their dead grandmother that a player had intentionally fired the puck over the glass only to have the ref yawn and look the other way. Leaving it to the referee's discretion was a monumental joke.
    You sure off base with that remark. I've been a Kings fan since back when Rogie was between the pipes, Bobby Orr was winning games, Granato was a King, Only one Ref was used,Al Arbour was playing, Bobby Clark wore a perm, the Esposito brothers were both on top of their games, Goring wore that funny little helmet, MacTavish refusing to wear a helmet, Richter in net for Rangers, Coffee with no socks in his skates, Lanny McDonald and his funny stash, Makita and Hull inventing the crooked stick, etc. I could go on with the name dropping, but to answer your question, was I around back then? Hell yes and I still hate the penalty for ACIDENTAL shots of the puck over the boards. On purpose, that's a completely different ball game.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    997 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    You sure off base with that remark. I've been a Kings fan since back when Rogie was between the pipes, Bobby Orr was winning games, Granato was a King, Only one Ref was used,Al Arbour was playing, Bobby Clark wore a perm, the Esposito brothers were both on top of their games, Goring wore that funny little helmet, MacTavish refusing to wear a helmet, Richter in net for Rangers, Coffee with no socks in his skates, Lanny McDonald and his funny stash, Makita and Hull inventing the crooked stick, etc. I could go on with the name dropping, but to answer your question, was I around back then? Hell yes and I still hate the penalty for ACIDENTAL shots of the puck over the boards. On purpose, that's a completely different ball game.
    In your zeal for name dropping, I think you missed the message -- arbitrary penalty assessments suck. A skilled guy can make an intentional over the glass look like an accident. I like the rule where they call a penalty every time the puck goes over the glass from the defensive zone.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Remember, any goalie can come in and look great due to the Kings outstanding defensive system. #amirite
    Except for Quick of late...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

Well, I stand corrected; you have been watching as long as I. I made an incorrect assumption, and I apologize.

But that doesn't change my mind about delay of game minors being the best and most consistent way to deal with a situation that used to be one of a fair number of piss-me-off non-calls in the "vintage" game. Right up there with clutch-and-grab, interference, and slashing. Fortunately, the league addressed those to my satisfaction after the '04-'05 lockout (although I don't like the interference that has crept back into the game; not nearly as bad as in the old days, but it's having an effect on the offensive game).

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    In your zeal for name dropping, I think you missed the message -- arbitrary penalty assessments suck. A skilled guy can make an intentional over the glass look like an accident. I like the rule where they call a penalty every time the puck goes over the glass from the defensive zone.
    Exactly. Keep as much consistency in officiating as possible from one ref to the next.
    Last edited by AngelEyes; February 6th, 2018 at 10:22 AM.