ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) \_(ツ)_/
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    *tightening the noose around my neck* A sight gag? A mother effing sight gag? *laughing* Amazing. Nice job, great joke and way to elevate it with useful information. For the record: could not find middle C on the piano if my life depended on it.

Maybe later you can explain why every British bass player from the 60's was head-and-shoulders better than everyone else in their band? Honestly I was going to type this in Random Thoughts thread. So..two birds, right?
    Well, Quincy Jones might disagree with you there about the bassists. And I don't think JPJ was on the same level as Bonzo. But in general, bassists tend to be the most grounded members of a band.

If you want to listen to songs you know in a whole new way, tune in to KLOS Sunday nights 7-8 pm. Christian Hand does a show called The Session, where he breaks down a song you know, track by track. He also pops into the FHF show Monday mornings at 9:00 I think.

You can catch all the past ones here: https://www.soundcloud.com/theklossessions

Along with the breakdown, you get a lot of trivia and tidbits, fascinating details, and stories. It's a goldmine every week.

This is how I used to sit and listen to records with my grandfather (he didn't have track by track recordings of course...he was a tool and die man). He'd put on one of his big band vinyls, and tell me where to point my ear. You hear things you never expect. I can't listen to music any other way.
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    An "Office Space" Meme....

How timely and original.
    Now that I know our Memes are being critiqued for originality and such, I'll be sure to do better next time.
    BTW- Congratulations on seeing Zac Leslie live and in person! If that doesn't make you special...I don't know what does.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    317 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krussadams View Post
    Well, Quincy Jones might disagree with you there about the bassists. And I don't think JPJ was on the same level as Bonzo. But in general, bassists tend to be the most grounded members of a band.

If you want to listen to songs you know in a whole new way, tune in to KLOS Sunday nights 7-8 pm. Christian Hand does a show called The Session, where he breaks down a song you know, track by track. He also pops into the FHF show Monday mornings at 9:00 I think.

You can catch all the past ones here: https://www.soundcloud.com/theklossessions

Along with the breakdown, you get a lot of trivia and tidbits, fascinating details, and stories. It's a goldmine every week.

This is how I used to sit and listen to records with my grandfather (he didn't have track by track recordings of course...he was a tool and die man). He'd put on one of his big band vinyls, and tell me where to point my ear. You hear things you never expect. I can't listen to music any other way.
    Fair, Q would definitely have issues if he read my nonsense and John would absolutely puke in my general direciton. But my focus was more singular just thinking about Spenser Davis, that rhythm section is blowing my mind.

Good looking out on the non-podcast nerd fest. I'll give it a spin, K.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Maybe later you can explain why every British bass player from the 60's was head-and-shoulders better than everyone else in their band? Honestly I was going to type this in Random Thoughts thread. So..two birds, right?
    The Stones and Bill Wyman would be a definite exception to that rule.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3244 Post(s)

This thread is amazing, needs more office space meme though
    Last edited by jammer06; February 10th, 2018 at 02:59 AM.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    317 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta?

Stable Genius
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2957 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I'd post more, but I had to come in on a Saturday so I could get the TPS reports done. :(

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krussadams View Post
    Without Bonzo it wouldn't be Zeppelin, but... JPJ is about 6 levels up from Bonzo as a musician.

Does Q have something against bassists?

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) \_(ツ)_/
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    961 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    Without Bonzo it wouldn't be Zeppelin, but... JPJ is about 6 levels up from Bonzo as a musician.

Does Q have something against bassists?
    I tend to put those two on the same level within the band - in fact, I think they're all equals and one is the most talented groups to ever play together. But Bonzo was the best to have pounded the skins, and while JPJ was extremely multi-talented, among bassists he is probably not right at the top. He is not to bassists what Bonzo was to drummers. And I say this as someone who absolutely adores Zep, tattoo included.

Quincy Jones just did an interview with Vulture. Absolutely worth a read. The man gives no ****s and says whatever's on his mind. My comment was alluding to his Paul McCartney story.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quinc...versation.html
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.