Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3034 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    https://deadspin.com/sorry-but-russi...-pr-1822726900

This article is the epitome of sorry, not sorry.

My fave (about team USA):
    "While it would be wonderful and exciting to be able to send the future generation of NHL stars to Pyeongchang, instead, we got a bunch of weirdos and wash-outs—with just a few kids mixed in—with whom we have no choice but to fall in love over the next 10 days.

So, who’s good? Well, nobody, as far as we know, or else they’d be in the NHL right now."
    Between "a bunch of weirdos and wash-outs" and "aggressively unspecial" (Slovenia), I have a whole new vocabulary to describe dating. I'm pretty excited.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Between "a bunch of weirdos and wash-outs" and "aggressively unspecial" (Slovenia), I have a whole new vocabulary to describe dating. I'm pretty excited.
    Not sure how to respond to that without seemingly overly sympathetic or completely apathetic. Hmmm, guess bad dates are better than the alternative:

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2617 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    you left out: (but Slovakia’s roster is either) a recipe for fun, disaster, or disastrous fun.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Your Favorite vBookie
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    994 Post(s)

"Disastrous fun" pretty much describes dating these days.

Muffisher
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    196 Post(s)

Welp the College Kids, KHL, and Retired players choked for the USA today.

Pretty much threw away the Olympic tournament for the USA today with the OT loss to Slovenia.

Thanks Bettman for No NHL players.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudfisher View Post

Pretty much threw away the Olympic tournament for the USA today with the OT loss to Slovenia.
    Not even close. The first 3 games don't matter. They are basically pre-season games, where you figure things out. The USA still has every chance at the gold.

Muffisher
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    196 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velik_m View Post
    Not even close. The first 3 games don't matter. They are basically pre-season games, where you figure things out. The USA still has every chance at the gold.
    Yea you right. I thought I saw somewhere where the top team of each of the 3 groups and next best team move on.

Thanks!

Format:

Tournament Format

The 12 teams are seeded in three groups of four teams each and will play a round robin within their group including 18 games (three per team).

The teams and groups were seeded according to the 2012 IIHF Men’s World Ranking. The tournament includes the top-eight nations, three qualifiers and host Korea.

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games Men’s Ice Hockey Tournament is operated according to the same format like in Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014.

The Final Round includes 4 Qualification Playoff Games, 4 Quarter-Final Games, 2 Semi-Final Games, one Bronze Medal Game and one Gold Medal Game:

At the conclusion of the Preliminary Round all 12 teams will be ranked according to a special criterion. This ranking will be used for seeding the teams in the Qualification Playoff games and will used for calculating the Final Ranking at the conclusion of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games Men’s Tournament.

The following criteria will be used in the order presented to determine this ranking following completion of the Preliminary Round (1D – 12D):

Higher position in the group
    Higher number of points
    Better goal difference
    Higher number of goals scored for
    Better 2017 IIHF World Ranking

After the Preliminary Round, 1D, 2D, 3D and 4D will receive a bye into the Quarter-Finals and will be named as the Home Team for their Quarter-Final pairing. The teams ranked 5-12 will play in the Qualification Playoff games called Group E with the following match-ups:

5D – 12D (Winner will become E1)
    6D – 11D (Winner will become E2)
    7D – 10D (Winner will become E3)
    8D – 9D (Winner will become E4)

The four winning teams of the Qualification Playoff games will advance to the Quarter Final Round. The four losing teams of the Qualification Playoff games will be ranked 9 through 12 according to their ranking after the Preliminary Round.

The Quarter-Final Games will be played with the following match-ups (Group F ):

1D – E4 (Winner will become F1)
    2D – E3 (Winner will become F2)
    3D – E2 (Winner will become F3)
    4D – E1 (Winner will become F4)

The four winning teams of the Quarter-Final games will advance to the Semi-Finals. The four losing teams of the Quarter Finals will be ranked 5 through 8 according to their ranking after the Preliminary Round.

The Semi-Final games will be played with the following match-ups. The home team will be the higher ranked team as determined at the completion of the Preliminary Round (Group D):

F1 – F4
    F2 – F3

The two winning teams of the Semi-Finals will play for the Gold Medal while the two losing teams of the Semi-Finals will play for the Bronze Medal. The team with the higher Preliminary Round ranking will be the home team in each medal game.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3034 Post(s)

"The aggressively unspecial beat a bunch of weirdos and wash-outs 3-2 today. Story at 11."

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)

An exciting game by the boys. Gutty performance by “ a bunch of weirdos and wash-outs” they had their chances just couldn’t close it out.

How bad was that 4-3 power-play to start overtime, such a waste of an opportunity. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    407 Post(s)

Welp, the Men's Hockey Team did not make it to the metal round. Shocking. So, wanted to lively up this post by adding an image so I googled: abject failure. Two images caught my eye but did not ring true, so going to explore those feelings. One was Cameron Frye from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and the other was Bridget Jones from Bridget Jones' Diary.

Are they really the personification of abject failure? *sigh*

Sorry Team USA for being the blood sacrifice of Bettman (you heard me) hope you at least had some fun! There's a good chance people will still buy you a beer when they meet you, so ...that's kind of a plus.