Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    Not excusing Hardy, but comparing apples to oranges is always going to be a flawed mechanism for making a point.

Those 2 incidents are really not comparable, once you read past the headlines. Also, honoring somebody for 5 minutes before a game is not comparable to bringing somebody back and paying him millions to play on your team every night. Also, don't cry for Slava, it's not like he had to go do his job in the ECHL.

If Blake brings back Voynov, it better be a sign and trade. And I'm not even talking about outrage at him coming back, I'm talking outrage at their failure to fill the ****ing box and move on after 4 years.
    Sorry in no way was I trying to defend Voynov and hope he never comes back but to honor Hardy for something even worse than domestic violence is just time deaf.

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Mark Hardy was a horrible defenseman.

I grew a Fatmanchu.
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Fake News.

Voynov never hit his wife, the TV hit his wife.

Listen he could of easily just pled not guilty and won. The only witness that mattered, was his wife and she wasn't going to say a word. What he did is wrong, but it shouldn't reflect his job. He was employed and what he off the ice has nothing to do what he does on the ice.

If I go out to a bar and smash a guys face on the bar counter, I should be able to have my job the next day. So why is it different for Voynov? NHL dropped the ball on him. We have convicted wife beaters and friend killers, and on ice paralyzing players assaulting one another and they all get to play. There are things on the ice happening worse than what Voynov did in private. How is Bertuzzi allowed to play after that assault that ended up paralyzing a player and ending his career and way of life. Come on folks. Varlamov beat his wife and so do a lot of players. Stop with Voynov being the only one. Either expel everyone, or no one.
    In this case Voynov plead guilty and was deported so it was more than just the NHL dropping the ball because he doesn't have a Visa to play in either the US or Canada.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    597 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfan626 View Post
    In this case Voynov plead guilty and was deported so it was more than just the NHL dropping the ball because he doesn't have a Visa to play in either the US or Canada.
    I posted something stupid...just edited it out. Basically, Voynov should of just lied like every other criminal and he would of been playing.

Or just blame it on alcohol just like ever other person who doesn't want to take responsibility. Make it look like it's a disease and he'd get away with a couple weeks of rehab and announcing he's a changed man.
    Last edited by NotherCastle; February 26th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1740 Post(s)

Seriously now, you cannot be that green. Honesty has never been a path to success in politics.
    Peeps been lying in politics for decades.

Reagan gave speeches lying and denying Iran-Contra. OOPS....ya lied to the American people!
    George HW lied....."read my lips"...and boom came the new taxes! LIAR
    Bill Clinton taught me to lie, deny, and lie, and lie,....but the greatest thing Bill taught me was lying while under oath is just plain dumb. Thanks Bill.
    Obama "you can keep your doctor,....if you like your heathcare you can keep it...cheaper healthcare .....blah blah, LIE.
    Trump...lies.

Amazing that people think this stuff is new.

...back to Voynov...his ship has sailed.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)

I was actually thinking the same exact thing when Hardy was being honored a few nights back. I felt a sense of general discomfort the entire time he was in that booth with the broadcast crew, imagining Faust with some cringeworthy slip of the tongue.

In my opinion, Hardy’s transgression supersede that of Voynov’s, yet the guy gets a ‘Legends night’..? Doesn’t make sense to me, but then again, I don’t make policy, of a societal or team nature. Just my two cents regarding crime and punishment. Regarding teams asset management, I would at least like to see the Kings get some sort of value in trade for his rights.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3267 Post(s)

Say what you want about what was reported regarding Hardy. His daughter joined him on the ice. Gave him support. If she applauds I won't boo.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    597 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Say what you want about what was reported regarding Hardy. His daughter joined him on the ice. Gave him support. If she applauds I won't boo.
    Well Voynov is still married to his wife. So no booing there either

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    286 Post(s)

Those saying that Hardy's transgression is worse than Voynov's seem to be making that statement in a bubble where "molestation" is worse than "domestic violence."

When an incident is described simply as "inappropriate touching," by one intoxicated adult on another intoxicated adult, I don't think you automatically put that in the molestation bag. And certainly I don't think you automatically assume that it's worse than a guy beating the everloving **** out of his wife in two separate locations.

As for the forgiveness, Voynov's wife stood to lose her marriage, a co-parent for her child, and her very right to continue living in this country. Her decision to change her story and say it was an accident was not surprising.
    Hardy's daughter would seem to have had no such incentive.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Well Voynov is still married to his wife. So no booing there either
    On some level if she wants that support I'm willing to give it to her as well.