Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)

"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

CalgaryKing
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1084 Post(s)

Default SJHL Humboldt Broncos team bus involved in crash

Two players misidentified; one dead, one alive:

http://nationalpost.com/news/local-news/humboldt-broncos-bus-crash-victim-survivor-incorrectly-identified-as-each-other-says-rcmp/wcm/4e2440ac-f734-4975-836b-a87a99cf6e95

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3052 Post(s)

Found at the crash site

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    867 Post(s)

So an update. As I mentioned my father in law was killed in a crash up in SK. Yesterday the trial started for the drugged out driver that caused the crash. A RCMP officer who is an expert on traffic accidents and investigates them to determine what exactly happened testified. He later talked to my wife who is up there for the trial. He is also the investigator for the Humboldt team bus crash.

He told her that the bus hit the truck, at first it had been reported that it was the other way around. And the intersection where crash happened was not a four way stop. The road the truck was on had stop signs, the bus could pass through without having to stop. So they are trying to figure out if the truck blew the stop sign, did the driver assume the bus had to stop and pulled out out in front of it, or did he stop see the bus and not realize how fast the bus was going? And that is another question: was the bus driver going too fast?

Investigation is still going on and it takes some time, regardless though it is just tragic.

Bar room hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    867 Post(s)

And another update, I was up in SK over the weekend to support the wife and mother in law after those hard couple of days and to take my kids up to stay with them. I was not to far away from where the crash happened.

The support the survivors of the crash and the victims family are getting is amazing. You cannot find the Humboldt Strong shirts anywhere they sell out in minutes, all the flags are at half staff, stores have a hockey stick at the door, a symbol of support, many also have memorials.

Saw this one at the Provincial Liquor store.

Support is coming in from all over Canada and the U.S.so far over $11 million raised for the survivors and victims families.

It was so good to see! And oh, here was my #Humboldt Strong tweet.