Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)

Not sure if this was mentioned - no I didn't read the thread - but here goes:

Tyler Toffoli has sucked since he hooked up with that Dodger gal. "Women weaken legs" - Mick to Rocky
    Kempe seems pooped - not the same zip on his skates / shot. Worn Out
    That "interference" penalty on Brown was utter BS. Skates at a stand still - not even near the blue - and Flower barrels into him and flops. Vet move by Fleury - Sucker call by the ref.
    J.R. cranking that horn pre-game? FU J.R.
    I still do not know how many Kings fans were in that barn. Kings never scored to hear them.
    That atmosphere is cartoonish. I was there in November - it's way to stupid. But - it's Vegas baby...and those glitter fans eat it up.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    353 Post(s)

I say this and I will say it again . Carter is finished a s a center put him with Kopi . Kempe can center the second line . Rieder doesn’t deserve to be on the second line as well .

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2004 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie-Vachon View Post
    That atmosphere is cartoonish. I was there in November - it's way to stupid. But - it's Vegas baby...and those glitter fans eat it up.
    Et tu, Brute?

Luc's Staple Center experience is about as clowntastic as it gets.
    ...but then again the current fair weather fans in LA eat it up too.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3096 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    I say this and I will say it again . Carter is finished a s a center put him with Kopi . Kempe can center the second line .
    Well, of course. On the one hand, we have a top 5, maybe top 3, No. 2 center in the NHL who who scored 13 goals in 27 games since coming back on February 24. On the other hand, we have a rookie who scored 16 goals in 81 games and who hasn't scored in 35 games (February 7). Yes, clearly, let's replace Carter with Kempe. While we're at it, let's put Kopitar in goal an have Quick skate out. That makes at least as much sense.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    353 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Well, of course. On the one hand, we have a top 5, maybe top 3, No. 2 center in the NHL who who scored 13 goals in 27 games since coming back on February 24. On the other hand, we have a rookie who scored 16 goals in 81 games and who hasn't scored in 35 games (February 7). Yes, clearly, let's replace Carter with Kempe. While we're at it, let's put Kopitar in goal an have Quick skate out. That makes at least as much sense.
    Hahaha so funny. How about having a normal hockey discussion . Carter was a ghost in game 1 . In the third period stevens could have at least tried carter with Kopi . I know kempe hasn’t scored in a 37 games but I think putting him with Pearson and Iafallo could work . Vegas doesn’t have centers like Kopi or even carter to match them against kempe. If there is series to try this it would be this one .

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3096 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    Hahaha so funny. How about having a normal hockey discussion . Carter was a ghost in game 1 . In the third period stevens could have at least tried carter with Kopi . I know kempe hasn’t scored in a 37 games but I think putting him with Pearson and Iafallo could work . Vegas doesn’t have centers like Kopi or even carter to match them against kempe. If there is series to try this it would be this one .
    Juggling lines is one thing; you said "Carter is finished as a center" which is what I responded to. Carter had a poor game, as did almost everyone else. So Stevens may do some line juggling, although I don't think it's very likely that he'll move a superb second-line center to the first line on any sort of a permanent basis. Kopitar and Carter are on the first PP line and don't look that great together.

Kempe looked pretty good last game, but that's one game. He was given the opportunity to be the second line center for an extended period of time, and Stevens would have LOVED him to be able to fill that role while Carter was out. He couldn't do it despite being given every chance for months. I don't see how that is suddenly going to change in a playoff series over the course of a few days.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

Carter was horrible in game one, but it's laughable to say that he is finished as a center. I expect a bounce back game from him tonight and would not be surprise if he gets the game winning goal.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)

Default ***Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 GDT 4/11/18 7:00pm on NBCSN & FSW***

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Juggling lines is one thing; you said "Carter is finished as a center" which is what I responded to. Carter had a poor game, as did almost everyone else. So Stevens may do some line juggling, although I don't think it's very likely that he'll move a superb second-line center to the first line on any sort of a permanent basis. Kopitar and Carter are on the first PP line and don't look that great together.

Kempe looked pretty good last game, but that's one game. He was given the opportunity to be the second line center for an extended period of time, and Stevens would have LOVED him to be able to fill that role while Carter was out. He couldn't do it despite being given every chance for months. I don't see how that is suddenly going to change in a playoff series over the course of a few days.
    I thought Kempe did just fine as well the second line center throughout the season. Not sure where this team would be without him stepping up and doing a good job in that role when Carte was out (TBH I did not see it coming based off his previous play but glad he proved me wrong).

I felt he only really started to decline when he lost the talent in wingers playing as 3C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    At some point, you need secondary scoring. We can't just rely on Kopitar, Brown, Carter, and Doughty to do all the heavy lifting. Where is Toffoli these days? Pearson hasn't scored in a while. Kempe is still in his slump even if he did play well last night. One of the arguments for Kopitar to win the Hart Trophy is that he has 30 points more than the next highest scorer on the team. That's impressive for him but bad news for the team. Lack of depth gets magnified in the playoffs and it's hard to add depth when you're already close to the cap thanks to some contracts. Vegas deserved to win that game last night. I don't think the Kings can win the series if all the games are played that way.
    As a whole i agree, but in that particular game i think the primary players should have won that game for them.

With that said, i also agree if the games are played out that way, the Kings may be out quickly. I remember the series against the Sharks two years ago, it looked like one long continuos game. I am really hoping this series doesn't look like that either.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Et tu, Brute?

Luc's Staple Center experience is about as clowntastic as it gets.
    ...but then again the current fair weather fans in LA eat it up too.
    The Kings have not lowered themselves to having: Drummers wearing lighted glasses, a stone/rock placed at mid-ice with the "King" attempting to remove the sword...yet the "Knight" could remove it a therefore "slays the King"...or freaking cheerleaders in the aisles with actual pom poms...and a Jay Flatts 2.0 who is very loud and obnoxious...