Defensive forward
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FishMonger View Post
    Kadri gets 3 games, so at least they suspended someone else, for something far, far worse.
    https://www.nhl.com/video/kadri-susp...360/c-59865403

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3935 Post(s)

Kadri gets 3 games, so at least they suspended someone else, for something far, far worse.
    Will this news have a negative effect on the conspiracy theories?

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1650 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    Mr. Parros, please! That doesn't make sense to me. I am watching the replay on NHL Network right now. Anderson had all the time in the world to avoid that hit. And he still knowingly slammed Kempny's head straight into a stanchion. Kempny had no idea he would be hit from behind. He only looked over his left shoulder. This offense was far more blatant to my eyes.

But the Johansen play is nothing unless you want him suspended for being 6' 4".
    I mean, if doughty is getting caught on the follow through, that Johansen hit looked like he caught him high with an elbow. Wasn't the best angle to see though.

Personally, i dont think the Doughty hit should have been suspended, but if that's how the league wants to handle, im game. But we've got several other instances from the last two nights that feel like they should probably have been suspensions as well.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4836 Post(s)

OK, looking for a straight answer here:
    Do you agree that Wilson's hit wasn't a headshot?
    Of course, but it has absolutely no bearing on Doughty. Two different situations, two different reasons for and against suspensions.

I am telling you what the league just told us all. They don't compare and contrast the two before deciding who to sit. We fans do that. Talking heads in the media do that. None of us are charged with limiting concussions and following protocol to eliminate the type of hit that injures players.

For that reason, I completely understand why they sat him. Players and coaches have been given a directive to avoid that exact type scenario, but Doughty exploded up and into Carriers face. Intentionally? Hell no. Did he hurt him? Apparently not. It's the kind of hit, not the individual situation and results, that they want to eliminate. They take it so seriously that they are sitting the best defenseman in the world in a playoff game just to use this as an example. That doesn't help the league in any way.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4836 Post(s)

You're literally being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

You know what? Next time you and I meet, I'm buying you a beer and giving you a hug.
    It's OK to be angry, Mondo. It's OK. We can get through it together.
    Together, with beer.
    I have been consistent about this since before they had the hearing. Nothing contraian about it all, I saw the hit, immediately thought that it was a potential issue, said that he would probably get a game based on the way they have ruled on previous examples, then they had the hearing and did just that.

I am far more interested in understanding how the game works than I am in cheering on my team.

But beer and hugs are cool.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    497 Post(s)

This is why the league has no credibility:

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/devil...ikita-kucherov

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

Agreed

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    This is why the league has no credibility:

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/devil...ikita-kucherov
    They discussed the Kucherov hit on NHL radio on Thursday. Nobody knows what a clean hit is any more because of the Doughty suspension. They were also saying it is the hockey equivalent of the NFL catch rule.

Myopic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

The NHL player safety put out a video explaining their criteria. The snap of the head is being used as the major determinant of an illegal hit where there is body contact but head is the main point of impact . There is also a provision for making the hit legal when a player moves the head just prior to contact.

I am OK with the interpretation and just hope the league is consistent with the enforcement. This is the type of hit, if removed from the game will make it safer for players.

https://www.nhl.com/video/the-nhl-do...560/c-60017103

https://www.nhl.com/video/head-movin...560/c-49929703

While I agree with Doughty's suspension by the NHL in an attempt to police such hits, this in one where it could have gone the other way in the Kings favor as Carrier is trying to cut to the inside of Drew Doughty and doesn't have the speed or foot work to make Doughty miss. The timing of the suspension was unfortunate but that's not what made a difference on the series.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riofan View Post
    The NHL player safety put out a video explaining their criteria. The snap of the head is being used as the major determinant of an illegal hit where there is body contact but head is the main point of impact . There is also a provision for making the hit legal when a player moves the head just prior to contact.

I am OK with the interpretation and just hope the league is consistent with the enforcement. This is the type of hit, if removed from the game will make it safer for players.

https://www.nhl.com/video/the-nhl-do...560/c-60017103

https://www.nhl.com/video/head-movin...560/c-49929703

While I agree with Doughty's suspension by the NHL in an attempt to police such hits, this in one where it could have gone the other way in the Kings favor as Carrier is trying to cut to the inside of Drew Doughty and doesn't have the speed or foot work to make Doughty miss. The timing of the suspension was unfortunate but that's not what made a difference on the series.
    Good analysis. Agreed.