Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3935 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    Agreed for the most part but the D needs to carry the puck out of the zone sometimes and don’t rely on forwards too much . They would dump the puck to neutral zone and get attacked on again. The Kings d and forwards were not connected as a close unit . The d would back off and give the neutral zone to Vegas . The Kings need to play an aggressive game and not wait until Vegas makes a mistake . Right now I feel like kings are stuck between the speed and grind game don’t know what to play , they just react to what Vegas does.
    I think the Kings have to use the centers to lug the puck out of the d-zone and use one of the defenseman as the second wave attack (think Sharks offense). Stevens is stuck in a predictable and easily defendable rut.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    I appreciate your optimism but the Kings won't win any games if they can't score more than 1 goal. The forwards' abysmal play is killing the team, not the defense. Only giving up only 3 goals in 8 periods should have been enough to have posted at least 1 win. Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Toffoli and Pearson especially need to get their collective **** together.
    I don't disagree, but the forwards aren't the only aspect to offense. nobody was carrying the puck from the d zone into the o zone last night because they were concerned about making a defensive mistake. That won't be the case with Doughty and he will be fresh. Kopitar came close with 8 minutes left in the 2nd ot, but agree he needs to do much more, Brown needs to go to the front of the net and stay there, although the way the refs called the first two games it looks like Fleury is more protected than a bald eagle. Carter looked ok in the first period and then was MIA the rest of the game, not sure if he's burnt out or what, and Toffoli is a complete mystery, we need to see the old Toffoli tomorrow. A couple more powerplays wouldn't hurt either. Sorry to ramble. Getting back to the main point a fresh Doughty is the key to sparking some more offense.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    668 Post(s)

Our biggest issue was we were 5 steps behind everywhere on the ice especially in the offensive Zone, whether you call it lack of foot speed or lack of aggressiveness. We did not dictate any pace in any aspect of the game. KINGS were too slow to react, skate, shoot and our passing was off too.

If we play scared, we have no chance. There was only like one or two attempts to go one-on-one the entire game from the Kings. Every other attack vegas was well-prepared and met us at the blue line for a dump.

I'm watching a replay of the Predators Colorado game 2 and the obvious difference is the Predators are coming in with a mission into the zone being assertive and forcing plays. The Kings Force themselves to the perimeter don't take a shot and missed their passes never establishing any sort of attack. I also don't remember our cycle being so weak and sloppy! I mean the cycle was the only thing Darryl Sutter really had going for the Kings during 2012 and 14 that is completely gone now.
    Last edited by MiketheKing; April 14th, 2018 at 05:31 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    Our biggest issue was we were 10 steps behind everywhere on the ice especially in the offensive Zone. We did not dictate any pace in any aspect of the game. KINGS were too slow to react too slow to skate too slow to shoot and our passing was off too.

If we play scared, we have no chance. There was only like one or two attempts to go one-on-one the entire game from the Kings. Every other attack vegas was well-prepared and met us at the blue line for a dump.

I'm watching a replay of the Predators Colorado game 2 and the obvious difference is the Predators are coming in with a mission into the zone being assertive and forcing plays. The Kings Force themselves to the perimeter don't take a shot and missed their passes never establishing any sort of attack. I also don't remember our cycle being so weak and sloppy! I mean the cycle was the only thing Darryl Sutter really had going for the Kings during 2012 and 14 that is completely gone now.
    Mike, you can't compare us to the Predators. They had the best record in the league and are 100% healthy not to mention they are a more offensive oriented team. Plus we were playing without 3 of our best defensemen. It's apples and oranges. It will help a lot tomorrow having Doughty back and hopefully Muzzin too, but we still won't look like Nashville, we play different styles.
    Last edited by kingrussell; April 14th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    962 Post(s)

could be worse, like getting the **** kicked out of them like the leafs.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    673 Post(s)

So the Kings are doing that thing they do every year in the regular season where they don't score goals....Good time to start doing that LA.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

Hey Stevens, game 3....you will be without excuse if the team suffers another loss.

Pretty much a full roster....can you out coach Vegas?!?

It’s all in you.

Prove me wrong!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    668 Post(s)

I'm not trying to make a direct comparison between the Predators, obviously that would be foolish we're on a downswing as an organization they are on an upswing. I'm just stating a big strong team like the Predators were getting success against Colorado by forcing their will offensively, driving in relentless waves. hundred percent we were not doing that.
    Last edited by MiketheKing; April 14th, 2018 at 08:52 PM.