Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Instead of blaming the refs and suspensions, how about we discuss our top 6?

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I thought sure Stevens would stack the line the last few minutes of the previous game. Needed Kopi & Carter out there together....but he just stuck with the same old, same old. I think he's less willing to change up the lines than Sutter was!!
    I've had the same thoughts about Stevens for a couple of months, why is Clifford even on the ice.... If we don't win a couple of games in this series he might be gone.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
    I've had the same thoughts about Stevens for a couple of months, why is Clifford even on the ice.... If we don't win a couple of games in this series he might be gone.
    It would make more sense if we were playing the Ducks or if Reaves was in the lineup.

Aggressive Underachiever
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    Dude?
    Exactly!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonU View Post
    The D was so thin in the first two games that the forwards had to hang back so as to not get caught by Vegas' speed. The reason I see they aren't scoring is because dump-and-chase/turnover doesn't work when they only send one forward in. If the forwards could gamble just a bit, while relying on a solid-D to cover getting caught in transition, we would see scoring as usual. Instead we get a team neurotic about not getting caught by Vegas speed.

These two games reveal a few important facts:

- Doughty can name his price for his next contract and the Kings will happily pay it
    - Muzzin is much more important than most here give him credit for
    - Quick doesn't rely on his D to look like an all-star as much as some people think
    Neurotic? Dude the Kings were tighter than the rusted nuts on a sunken battleship. You make other good points, too.

Without Muzz and Drew, the offense suffered. It was to be expected. And Quick can steal a game all by himself. We've all seen it before.

I'm still furious with the NHL and the refs...besides DD's suspension, there have been some ****ty calls against the Kings. I hope the they come out with a healthy balance between composed and angry. Stevens better have the boys ready...but quite frankly, if the Kings can't get up for this one...well...something is very wrong.

I still like our chances...

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1437 Post(s)

How about we talk about our bottom 6 f, and bottom 3 d.
    LV doesn't have a better top 6 F.
    LV doesn't have a better top 3 D.
    What they do have is players down the roster who contribute. Not eat minutes until the top lines come out again.
    What they don't have is players earning top 6 and top 3 money that deserve to be in the bottom 6 or bottom 3.

WereApe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

I have slowly over time just stopped being as passionate about a team that can't score a clutch goal until it is down 2.
    Tonight didn't hurt.
    That fact actually did hurt.
    Ugh.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1641 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    How about we talk about our bottom 6 f, and bottom 3 d.
    LV doesn't have a better top 6 F.
    LV doesn't have a better top 3 D.
    What they do have is players down the roster who contribute. Not eat minutes until the top lines come out again.
    What they don't have is players earning top 6 and top 3 money that deserve to be in the bottom 6 or bottom 3.
    With that said, our top 6 should be stepping up right now. Vegas is in a unique position where all lines can contribute, but eventually they actually have to start paying people. On the other hand, our paid players need to Get going.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonU View Post
    The D was so thin in the first two games that the forwards had to hang back so as to not get caught by Vegas' speed. The reason I see they aren't scoring is because dump-and-chase/turnover doesn't work when they only send one forward in. If the forwards could gamble just a bit, while relying on a solid-D to cover getting caught in transition, we would see scoring as usual. Instead we get a team neurotic about not getting caught by Vegas speed.
    What you are suggesting is the worst possible thing the Kings could do in this series.

The way forward has not changed. Focus defense-first and hope you can get a win. Then hope you get another one, and the Knights panic. The one advantage the Kings have is many of their players have been in a three game hole to zero in the playoffs. And pulled it out.

The Kings cannot play an open style game with the Knights. If they try it, things gonna get ugly. And before someone swoops in and says it's already ugly, it's not. The Kings have been in every game. Keep the push on because you're not gonna fix what's wrong by messing with your style of play at the 11th hour.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1676 Post(s)

The 2nd line is the problem. Two of them arenít sound, and Pearson isnít one of the two.

You canít fault Kopitar in this series.íheís played his bag off. Brown has played as well as he has all season, and Iafallo was a making **** happen tonight.

Kempe is miscast as a 3rd line center.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    but eventually they actually have to start paying people.
    Do they?
    Seriously.
    If LV roster construction should teach us anything it's that quality players are out there that other teams don't want. Player evaluation in hockey is for ****.