Why So Serious?
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1260 Post(s)

Default Instead of blaming the refs and suspensions, how about we discuss our top 6?

All I see is chat of how bad the refs are or how “the fix is in” or how the league is rooting for Vegas.

How about we discuss the lack of goal scoring.

Carter, Brown, Kopitar et al. with 0 goals.

With or without Doughty. This team is a dry well of goals.

O Captain, My Captain!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Rieder with Carter makes me crazy every time they are out together. Put the 70's line back together.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3929 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Rieder with Carter makes me crazy every time they are out together. Put the 70's line back together.
    I like Pearson with Kopitar. I just wish Brown would actually pass Tanner the puck once in a while. Before his typical turnovers, Dustin only looks for Kopi or Drew.

Kempe should be the LW with Carter and Toffoli. Stevens stubbornly fights the obvious.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Rieder is awful. He should be scratched. I don't know what he contributes except for being fast. His hands are unimpressive and he does not forecheck or backcheck. There's times in the defensive zone where he is cheating away from the puck like he is afraid to get hit. I am not a fan.

I feel bad for Carter having to carry a line with an underperforming Toffoli and Rieder.

I don't think the top line has played poorly. They've had chances including the blown wide open net by Brown. The scoring has been a struggle but the defense plays into that. It is hard to score when you seldom get a clean zone entry. The Kings really miss Drew and Muzzin.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)

Part if the problem beyond missing the D breakouts is again the left side is extremely weak.

We really miss AI which would allow Pearson to go back on Carters line.

I don’t understand Stevens. Rieder isn’t working and you really are wasting Carter.

At the same time Kempe doesn’t have good enough wingers on his line to really make things happen. Lewis is turned into brick hands again and Clifford, who I love as a grinder, is not a scoring threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3548 Post(s)

Kempe - Kopitar - Toffoli
    Iafallo - Carter - Lewis
    Pearson - Thompson - Brown
    Clifford - Mitchell - Rieder

Use that.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Two-way grinding forward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingsCourt26 View Post
    All I see is chat of how bad the refs are or how “the fix is in” or how the league is rooting for Vegas.

How about we discuss the lack of goal scoring.

Carter, Brown, Kopitar et al. with 0 goals.

With or without Doughty. This team is a dry well of goals.
    Amen. The league is indeed rooting for Vegas but that's beside the point. The only obvious bad call I've seen is when Brown was called for G/I while outside the crease and Fleury moved into him. It's the offense, or lack thereof. One measly goal from a desperate point shot in almost eight periods of hockey is unacceptable. Granted that Vegas is playing solid defense but there's gotta be some way of getting shots on net.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)

Best Line Since Rosie Perez Soul Train...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

I agree, somewhat. Although it seems the league wants to get more people to like Vegas as the cinderalla story, I think the Kings' offence is going back to 2 years ago levels. The transition game is sorely lacking because of Doughty and Muzzin not being there. Look, when you are used to passes coming to you cleanly from the defence, and all of a sudden they're not there, the offensive production is going to suffer. But with 2 cups under their belt, the system needs to be tweaked to adjust. Stevens is responsible for tweaking that system, so the forwards are able to carry the puck into the offensive zone, rather than a dump and chase. This strategy does not and will not work against a younger speedier team like Vegas.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Actually the issue is not goal scoring as that is just a byproduct. The real issue is much deeper. The one area that is the hardest to face is the lack of leadership that this team has. The fact that an Assistant Captain was entirely selfish and thought only about his own pride during the interview said it all. Rather than accepting the decision of the referee and showing leadership and keeping quiet regardless if he agreed or disagreed with the call and rather focusing on the next game that he would play says it all. This says that this team is lacking leadership from its captain on down. A captain in control would not have instilled a culture of respect and hard work and positivity and focusing on how to play the game the right way as a team. Instead it shows that an assistant after first showing no respect to his team mates by delivering a selfish hit to an opponents head then didnt have enough of himself but rather insulted his teamates and himself and his family and the fans by acting like an entitled disrespectful selfish person and went on national television and delivered an example of what i would never want for anyone to become let alone one in the public eye and has young fans who hear and see these kinds of actions and think that this is the right way to speak and act. He owes an apology to his teamates, his family and the fans. He takes the second highest salary on the team and its paid by us the fans and he owes us an apology and it appears we will lose this series and it is time that the ownership takes this seriously and rebuilds a culture of respect and gamemanship like the Vegas Knights have shown and not just hold onto a solo proud player who is skilled in many ways but not in knowing how to join forces and submit his pride for the good of his teamates and fans. He is definetly no Lidstrom that is for sure as that player had class and skill not just the latter.