1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    I would understand if Kings got down 3 games to Preds or Jets but not this . They deserve all the boos that will come their way if they lose on Tuesday . Oh and that minute Stevens and his gang needs to be fired .
    As the seconds ticked off last night, I tried to console myself with the thought that even if the Kings somehow got past the Knights (I know, snowball's chance in, well Vegas in mid-August), there is no way they would beat the Predators or Jets.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    As the seconds ticked off last night, I tried to console myself with the thought that even if the Kings somehow got past the Knights (I know, snowball's chance in, well Vegas in mid-August), there is no way they would beat the Predators or Jets.
    I tried to console myself by getting Menchies delivered to me. And then I realized that they charge $1.50 per topping when they deliver so I just went back to crying.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    974 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Of course they are selling hard to the uninformed fan portion of the fanbase. It's how they get bandwagoners in the seats.

Luc/Blake were given marching orders from AEG, and they sold the snake oil of "everything is OK, just need a few tweaks" to the uninformed masses.
    Any informed fan, or unbiased hockey peeps knew/know that the Kings were a mess and a fish out of water in the 2018 NHL game.

However, I see Blake/Luc continuing their same plan as last season. It's what AEG wants.
    They will tell the fans: Look at the Jennings Trophy, look at how we improved and made the playoffs, we ran into a hot Vegas team, look at the new youngsters and how great they are, and will be, look at how Stephens "changed" things from Sutter.
    Lots of "positives", it will only get better from here. We will tweak it some more. We are clearly competitive....blah, blah, blah.

Meanwhile, in the face of the coming new CBA, I find it hard to believe they will go full rebuild. Too many unknowns in the coming CBA. Better to stand pat for another season or two.
    As for Doughty, I have a bad feeling they will pay a high price and re-sign him.
    Unfortunately this

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3929 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wilson View Post
    This Kings team has a lot to be hopeful for. They have a great goalie and some great pieces. They won 2 stanley cups and many teams have not won any. St Louis, Vancouver, Buffalo who came in at the same time of expansion.
    They stocked their team according to the zeitgeist of the times when it was less about speed and more about brute size and strength. They did according to what the league was about at that time. I like the new hockey as the speed and skill are outstanding and the Kings have some great pieces and surely a great goalie and they will adapt and they will compete again. They made it to the playoffs inspite of not having this new style. But 15 teams did not. So i think that is a great accomplishment and i think that Wayne is proud to see his legacy of making hockey relevant in socal alive and well. Before him it was one up from lawnbowling in popularity. Be sure to cheer the Kings players at end of game 4 as they have a lot to be proud of regardless of the score.
    Only St. Louis came into the League with the Kings in 1967. The other 2 teams came in in 1970. But I get your point. And I do hope the Blues get to the top of the mountain sooner than later.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    455 Post(s)

Love the Kings and they have done good to make the playoffs but let's be real. This group is not Stanley Cup Caliber. Two problems with the Kings. First, they are slow. Look at the teams that are contending for the Cup. They move the puck real fast. Second, Kings don't score much. Aside from Kopitar and Brown no one else scores consistently. If they don't improve in these two ares, they will go nowhere. And yes it will stink if they get eliminated by the Knights.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    forgot to mention the Kings have these lame Tshirts for sale about "Making History". Yeah, we're gonna "make history" as the first team to lose to the Golden Knights in the playoffs.

pretty sure summer starts Tuesday night around 10:15pm.

Nah, I'm sure they'll let Vegas win the series in Vegas. .they make more that way

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davethehammer View Post
    Lol again, pay close attention. The Kings lost because the league made it happen. Vegas needs to generate hockey and fan interest and money while the Raiders move in. It's that simple,people. That's how real life works. It's not because of any front office or on ice mistakes by kings.
    There's not an ounce of truth to this.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3929 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyKing View Post
    There's not an ounce of truth to this.
    I put the member you quoted on "Ignore" as soon as I read his second post.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4831 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    I tried to console myself by getting Menchies delivered to me. And then I realized that they charge $1.50 per topping when they deliver so I just went back to crying.
    I had Creamistry in the fridge "just in case". Salted caramel, almonds, CT and Cap'n Crunch.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Speed and skill. Young man's game.

Add to what Mondo said.....the league will have to, and has to a degree limited hitting in the game. Due to scientific findings/research, and current lawsuits, the league will/has to crack down on hits to the head.

This will result in even more "open ice", and give a greater advantage to speed/skill.

The NHL has/will move closer to an Olympic/World Cup/International style of play.

I'd also wager fighting will be banned from the league in under 10 years, perhaps as soon as 5 years.
    CBA.......CBA........CBA.......is on the way.

With the NHL lawsuit being completed combined with a new forthcoming CBA, I predict SIGNIFICANT changes to the game are coming.

The Kings model is dead, and will be a complete fossil after the new CBA.
    Everybody talks about the slow defense. THe Kings did allow the fewest goals while upping theirs to middle of the pack in a year where a lot more goals were scored. The lack of goals this series I don't have good answer for.

I think the Kings were affected by not having AI and Muzzin going down and trying to breakin defenders that hadn't played hardly any NHL level games was a tall order.

I saw the Kings play very dominantly at times this year and also look like trash. The inconsistency from game to game was bad. Heck from period to period as how bad did they start most games. THis team can compete they just haven't played very well this series.