Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's just say the hockey gods do smile upon us and Toffoli and Pearson ARE traded...

Cause Mitchrock said so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    377 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gokor84 View Post
    Haha try something new like Glendronach 12
    let's share a bottle.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    813 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKvUltra View Post
    you guys crack me up thinking Toffoli and Pearson are the problem when we got guys like Folin, Fantenburg, ladue and gravel turning it over in the defensive zone and cant come up with a puck to save their life
    They aren't THE problem. There is no "THE" in the problems the Kings have. But depth scoring is a problem and Toffoli in particular isn't cutting it. Carter is reaching the end of his prime and the Kings would be better off shipping him out for a good return while he still has value.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    Ovi plays no defense. What kind of playoff success have his teams had?
    He would play defense if his new team/system required it. All offense Washington system didnít work thatís why he didnít win.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3010 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hakster View Post
    He would play defense if his new team/system required it. All offense Washington system didnít work thatís why he didnít win.
    Here's a lengthy discussion from Slava Malamud, who's covered Ovechkin for a long, long time explaining why Ovechkin is not, nor has ever been, a winner.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/...nsis-on-blast/

This perspective of Ovechkin, while disguised by his public persona in the U.S., has long been a topic of discussion among Russian reporters, Malamud says.ďEverybody knows this about him in Russia because we know him from an angle that you guys probably donít see and heís not the guy whoís going to carry the team on his back,Ē he says. ďItís never been the case.Ē
    Malamud says heís covered Ovechkin and seen every international game heís played since 2004, and notes ďhe has never, ever been the best player on any Team Russia that heís ever played for. Ever. Itís bizarre when I say that, but itís true.Ē

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1712 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hakster View Post
    He would play defense if his new team/system required it. All offense Washington system didn’t work that’s why he didn’t win.
    Dude, he's not won anything yet. They haven't even gotten to the SCF with him. Crosby's already hoisted the holy grail three times.

Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    They aren't THE problem. There is no "THE" in the problems the Kings have. But depth scoring is a problem and Toffoli in particular isn't cutting it. Carter is reaching the end of his prime and the Kings would be better off shipping him out for a good return while he still has value.
    There's no question that Carter's best days are behind him, but he's nowhere near what Gaborik collapsed into. He's embraced living here year round, and is fantastic with the younger players getting acclimated to living here (I've seen it first hand) as is his wife. I think the best move for him at this point in his career is to move to the Wing. That means you gotta clear out the barn a bit and move the underperforming winger that can't seem to produce without him, and his name is Tyler Toffoli, saving you $4.6M in cap space, and who would likely bring back a decent return.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    813 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Dude, he's not won anything yet. They haven't even gotten to the SCF with him. Crosby's already hoisted the holy grail three times.

There's no question that Carter's best days are behind him, but he's nowhere near what Gaborik collapsed into. He's embraced living here year round, and is fantastic with the younger players getting acclimated to living here (I've seen it first hand) as is his wife. I think the best move for him at this point in his career is to move to the Wing. That means you gotta clear out the barn a bit and move the underperforming winger that can't seem to produce without him, and his name is Tyler Toffoli, saving you $4.6M in cap space, and who would likely bring back a decent return.
    I've never been a big fan of wingers (Toffoli) who don't bring much to the game aside from their scoring. If they aren't scoring, they don't provide much else. The Dave Taylor era was filled with guys like that.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Toffoli is actually a very good player. I hate fair-weather fans. The fact that there is already 3 pages of this crap means there is too many fair-weather fans on this board.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    Toffoli is actually a very good player. I hate fair-weather fans. The fact that there is already 3 pages of this crap means there is too many fair-weather fans on this board.
    I wouldn't call it being a fair-weather fan. I get it, all players are streaky in some way. For us that are watching the games, it's the lazy play with and without the puck that annoys us the most. I rarely see Toffoli battling along the boards and winning puck battles anymore. When he was coming up, he was hungry and determined. Toffoli made really smart plays with the puck to escape the zone and be a factor in the offensive breakouts. Now I see him coasting along the circles waiting for the puck to hit him. He has the goal scorer's touch, but he's not making an effort to get into soft areas for his shots. He's a shooter, so he's a lot more dependent on Pearson and Carter to fish out pucks for him. The SJ series in 2016 was the first warning sign, because he was totally shut down that entire series. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with certain injuries the past 2 seasons. This playoffs, he can't bury his chances at all. We're all Kings fans, so we're rooting for him to shut us up with his play. If he continues to be a non-factor, the Kings should look to sell high on him and get some cap relief along the way.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    I wouldn't call it being a fair-weather fan. I get it, all players are streaky in some way. For us that are watching the games, it's the lazy play with and without the puck that annoys us the most. I rarely see Toffoli battling along the boards and winning puck battles anymore. When he was coming up, he was hungry and determined. Toffoli made really smart plays with the puck to escape the zone and be a factor in the offensive breakouts. Now I see him coasting along the circles waiting for the puck to hit him. He has the goal scorer's touch, but he's not making an effort to get into soft areas for his shots. He's a shooter, so he's a lot more dependent on Pearson and Carter to fish out pucks for him. The SJ series in 2016 was the first warning sign, because he was totally shut down that entire series. I gave him the benefit of the doubt with certain injuries the past 2 seasons. This playoffs, he can't bury his chances at all. We're all Kings fans, so we're rooting for him to shut us up with his play. If he continues to be a non-factor, the Kings should look to sell high on him and get some cap relief along the way.
    This playoff the whole team plays bad.
    Only Kempe works his rear end off but he is still scoreless.

If you admit Toff has a scoring touch, then I think he deserves another chance to play under a new coach/system and then re-evaluate.

This whole playoff we are just outplay and outcoach by LV.

All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1195 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post

Agree. I also wouldnít be shocked to see some of them playing thru an injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk