Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's just say the hockey gods do smile upon us and Toffoli and Pearson ARE traded...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

The Kings need to get faster. Tafoli simply stinks. He isn't scoring any goals and isn't playing good on the defensive side. Carter hasn't done much since he has come back. Kings need to create cap space and bring in younger players that can skate and be more consistent in scoring goals.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgs View Post
    The Kings need to get faster. Tafoli simply stinks. He isn't scoring any goals and isn't playing good on the defensive side. Carter hasn't done much since he has come back. Kings need to create cap space and bring in younger players that can skate and be more consistent in scoring goals.
    To be exact, Carter did A LOT since his return, and gave us a big push on the playoff hunt.
    He just doesn't do much in this playoff though.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4426 Post(s)

Remember when Stoll was the second line center? He did perfectly fine, played the same game, brought the same elements to the team, but was miscast because he was slotted higher than he should have been.

Toffoli and Pearson are supporting players relied upon to contribute primary offense. It's not really their issue, they are who they are - the Kings need a primary scoring winger or two.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    290 Post(s)

I be in favor of waiting to see if Lombardi gets a GM job this off-season. If he thinks Lucic was worth Miller, Jones, AND a first round pick, there's not telling what he'd give up for Pearson and/or Toffoli.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    Carter is the one to trade. Would bring a good return. Maybe package him and Toffoli if you really want to get rid of TT.
    I think if Blake sees Vilardi developing well a Carter trade is not out of the question. Right now though...I'd doubt it.

jom

How About These F'n Guys?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

time to stock pile picks and rebuild with some young talent

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Remember when Stoll was the second line center? He did perfectly fine, played the same game, brought the same elements to the team, but was miscast because he was slotted higher than he should have been.

Toffoli and Pearson are supporting players relied upon to contribute primary offense. It's not really their issue, they are who they are - the Kings need a primary scoring winger or two.

Spot on..but it's so strange "that 70's line" was hot for so long. Is it just bad luck or something deeper?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    I think if Blake sees Vilardi developing well a Carter trade is not out of the question. Right now though...I'd doubt it.

jom
    Perhaps, although considering the team did pretty well without Carter for most of this year (not saying they were world-beaters, but they did stay in the playoff race), if they're going to trade him, now is the time. His stock will never be higher going forward than now. As others have mentioned, better to get rid of a player a year too early than too late.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    Perhaps, although considering the team did pretty well without Carter for most of this year (not saying they were world-beaters, but they did stay in the playoff race), if they're going to trade him, now is the time. His stock will never be higher going forward than now. As others have mentioned, better to get rid of a player a year too early than too late.
    I'd be open to trading Carter, but what could he fetch for us? I would have to imagine he'd better get as much as the Flyers got for Mike Richards! I retrospect, losing Simmonds and a first rounder Schenn was a high price for Richards on a huge downhill trend after 2012.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    I'd be open to trading Carter, but what could he fetch for us? I would have to imagine he'd better get as much as the Flyers got for Mike Richards! I retrospect, losing Simmonds and a first rounder Schenn was a high price for Richards on a huge downhill trend after 2012.
    I'd be shocked if there wasn't a team that wouldn't pony up at least a 1st (or top prospect, or even both!) for Carter. He brings a lot to the table, in addition to Stanley Cup experience. As for losing Simmonds and Schenn, it wasn't cheap, especially for how Richards turned out. But for what Richards brought to the team in 2012 (even in 2014), it was a tiny, tiny price to pay for two Cups. I'd make that trade again every single time!