Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Butt end worthy of suspension, all things being relative...

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    408 Post(s)

But what about the moon landing? How can the flags wave with no wind??
    Last edited by Trapper9; April 17th, 2018 at 12:41 AM.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    838 Post(s)

Just as we all suspected!

Blando's IN on it!

We see you for what you are now, you bastard!

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4426 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Unfortunately in today's NHL.. if you get hurt like that. You need to stay down like a sniper shot you and don't move until the trainers come onto the ice to help you out. Then and only then, will the NHL look at it. Pathetic really.

McNabb's elbow on Kopi in Game 2? He should have died.
    Haula's butt end? He should have died.

Twice, Kopi made the mistake of "being tough" and skating back to the bench.
    He did sell the Haula punch. The McNabb elbow wasn't much of anything. Kopitar is no diver or embellisher, he is as honest a player as it gets.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3357 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    He did sell the Haula punch. The McNabb elbow wasn't much of anything. Kopitar is no diver or embellisher, he is as honest a player as it gets.
    Well that's what I'm saying. In today's NHL, if you don't sell anything.. good luck getting someone suspended. Sucks how it is today.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

It is crazy with 4 officials on the ice, how they missed that butt end. I can accept rough play but stick is being used, that definitely should be a penalty but this is what happens when you punish fighting in the NHL. Players take liberties.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1671 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Hes a moron.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1671 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Well that's what I'm saying. In today's NHL, if you don't sell anything.. good luck getting someone suspended. Sucks how it is today.
    It’s football on ice.
    Ya gotta sell it!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)

Except it was a punch with no butt end exposed.Two minute minor, tops, and it was absolutely missed.

Side note, the whining about officiating by those who don't understand the rules is ridiculous. The biggest problem the NHL has is getting it's fanbase to understand the rules changes. They need to aim explanations to the lowest common denominator.

There is no conspiracy for or against anybody. Settle down.

"The biggest problem the NHL has is getting it's fanbase to understand the rules...aim explanations to the lowest common denominator."

Seriously dude, you had to go THERE?

WE don't understand the rules? Nice. Nothing like insulting a bunch of strangers to make yourself feel superior. What about Los Angeles Kings head coach John Stevens? Apparently you know more about the rules than he does, too.

I've read a lot of your posts (way too many) over the years. LONG before I joined LGK last year, I visited the forum frequently. And I've read your drivel, which is always basically the same: You know more about ice hockey than anyone. We get it. You are one of the reasons I didn't join the forum earlier.

Your self-righteous blowhard routine is getting old. You think your contrarian act gives you the high ground, when in reality it's just another form of trolling. Constantly disagreeing with popular opinion makes you feel superior, but this is a new low for you. We don't understand the rules. Ha!

Maybe you should submit your resume to the Kings...head coach perhaps? Then again maybe not. Your opinion has no more value or validity than anyone else's here. Grow up man.

According to the site, you're category 4 troll, with some category 13 mixed...a hybrid troll:

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/artic...nternet-trolls

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4426 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post

"The biggest problem the NHL has is getting it's fanbase to understand the rules...aim explanations to the lowest common denominator."

Seriously dude, you had to go THERE?

WE don't understand the rules? Nice. Nothing like insulting a bunch of strangers to make yourself feel superior. What about Los Angeles Kings head coach John Stevens? Apparently you know more about the rules than he does, too.

I've read a lot of your posts (way too many) over the years. LONG before I joined LGK last year, I visited the forum frequently. And I've read your drivel, which is always basically the same: You know more about ice hockey than anyone. We get it. You are one of the reasons I didn't join the forum earlier.

Your self-righteous blowhard routine is getting old. You think your contrarian act gives you the high ground, when in reality it's just another form of trolling. Constantly disagreeing with popular opinion makes you feel superior, but this is a new low for you. We don't understand the rules. Ha!

Maybe you should submit your resume to the Kings...head coach perhaps? Then again maybe not. Your opinion has no more value or validity than anyone else's here. Grow up man.

According to the site, you're category 4 troll, with some category 13 mixed...a hybrid troll:

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/artic...nternet-trolls
    Look, you and your ilk have been whining non stop for a week about nonsense. I don't need to insult anybody to feel superior. I understand the rules. I don't make them, I don't like them, i don't like what they are doing to the game .

But I don't need to be coddled either. I don't need to pretend that something rotten happened to my team to sooth my own inability to understand it.

Doughty was suspended, and based on the league's criteria it made sense. I didn't like the call, but I understand it.

Kopitar got punched in the face. Should have given the Kings a power play, but they missed it and it sucked. But it wasn't a butt end. It's not remotely suspendable. If you think it is, you are wrong. It's not my opinion. The league looked at it and declined to do anything. They know what a butt end is, and suspended players for it. It simply didn't happen.

No, the league's not out to get the Kings. It's nonsense. It makes people look foolish for suggesting it. Just as foolish as those who claimed that the league was bending over backwards to give the Kings the Cup in 2012.

It's all hogwash. Silly, pathetic hogwash.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    411 Post(s)

Except it was a punch with no butt end exposed.Two minute minor, tops, and it was absolutely missed.

Side note, the whining about officiating by those who don't understand the rules is ridiculous. The biggest problem the NHL has is getting it's fanbase to understand the rules changes. They need to aim explanations to the lowest common denominator.

There is no conspiracy for or against anybody. Settle down.
    Mondo, I know you think you know everything, but even the CBC announcers in that YouTube clip thought it looked like a butt end.