Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Butt end worthy of suspension, all things being relative...

  1. #1
    Gold Plated Dog
    Sleestak's Avatar
    Karma: 1363324
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    2,850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

    Default Butt end worthy of suspension, all things being relative...

    Sorry, but if Drew's hit warranted a one game suspension by the joke that is player safety, then please tell me how a butt end to Kopitar's face doesn't warrant anything? The Knight, Houla I believe, looked over his shoulder not once, but twice, and knew exactly what he was doing. Any idiot can see that. Oh wait, but we have a whole new breed of idiot, which resides within the National Hockey League, where no player, referee, head coach or analyst can agree on what is goalie interference and what isn't, what is a penalty and what isn't, and what is suspension worthy and what is not.

    NHL, get your **** together for ****'s sake.

  2. #2
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147224567
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,657
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3386 Post(s)

    Default

    Unfortunately in today's NHL.. if you get hurt like that. You need to stay down like a sniper shot you and don't move until the trainers come onto the ice to help you out. Then and only then, will the NHL look at it. Pathetic really.

    McNabb's elbow on Kopi in Game 2? He should have died.
    Haula's butt end? He should have died.

    Twice, Kopi made the mistake of "being tough" and skating back to the bench.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  3. #3
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,736
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1808 Post(s)

    Default

    meh....water under the bridge.

  4. #4
    1st Scoring Line
    Sevenhole's Avatar
    Karma: 2853042
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,492
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    827 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    meh....water under the bridge.
    The bridge to nowhere!!!

  5. #5
    3rd Line Role Player
    RONNIEC's Avatar
    Karma: 1087000
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
    Sorry, but if Drew's hit warranted a one game suspension by the joke that is player safety, then please tell me how a butt end to Kopitar's face doesn't warrant anything? The Knight, Houla I believe, looked over his shoulder not once, but twice, and knew exactly what he was doing. Any idiot can see that. Oh wait, but we have a whole new breed of idiot, which resides within the National Hockey League, where no player, referee, head coach or analyst can agree on what is goalie interference and what isn't, what is a penalty and what isn't, and what is suspension worthy and what is not.

    NHL, get your **** together for ****'s sake.
    I said it last week...
    It was not that I want to believe in conspiracy theory, it is how the league gave people the perception and made people to believe in it.

    I don't know if a butt end is serious enough to get a suspension, but it was obviously an intentional move, a hit on the head, and obvious retaliation move, but then there wasn't even a hearing.
    This was really cheap.

  6. #6
    3rd Line Role Player
    RONNIEC's Avatar
    Karma: 1087000
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Unfortunately in today's NHL.. if you get hurt like that. You need to stay down like a sniper shot you and don't move until the trainers come onto the ice to help you out. Then and only then, will the NHL look at it. Pathetic really.

    McNabb's elbow on Kopi in Game 2? He should have died.
    Haula's butt end? He should have died.

    Twice, Kopi made the mistake of "being tough" and skating back to the bench.
    I was in Staples Center and watched the whole incident.
    Kopi was down for almost a minute and the ref did nothing.
    So disgusting.

  7. #7
    All Star
    NastiMarvasti's Avatar
    Karma: 2306264
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    813 Post(s)

    Default

    I'm fairly certain that it's at least a game misconduct.

  8. #8
    2nd Scoring Line
    Reg or Rog?'s Avatar
    Karma: 1523000
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    meh....water under the bridge.
    Tell that to John Stevens:

    http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/04/16/...nd-on-kopitar/

  9. #9
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 6466204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,465
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4545 Post(s)

    Default

    Except it was a punch with no butt end exposed.Two minute minor, tops, and it was absolutely missed.

    Side note, the whining about officiating by those who don't understand the rules is ridiculous. The biggest problem the NHL has is getting it's fanbase to understand the rules changes. They need to aim explanations to the lowest common denominator.

    There is no conspiracy for or against anybody. Settle down.

  10. #10
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 6466204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,465
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4545 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RONNIEC View Post
    I was in Staples Center and watched the whole incident.
    Kopi was down for almost a minute and the ref did nothing.
    So disgusting.
    A minute? C'mon, he was up in a few seconds. No need to exaggerate it.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •