Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: ***Vegas Golden Knights vs. LA Kings PLAYOFFS Round 1 Game 4 GDT 4/17/18 7:30pm***

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1671 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    That's not my fear.

That's pretty much my expectation.
    God help us.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    838 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    God help us.
    The current situation reminds me of the AEG approach from just before they hired Dean - take a borderline roster already in place and "rebuild" around it while staying "competitive." I think those were pretty much Dave Taylor's marching orders.

In fact, when Dean was interviewing for the job, I remember hearing he proposed something like 5 scenarios to Lieweke and Anshutz. They ranged from "tear it all down and do a complete rebuild" to "spend on big free agents to compete immediately." He argued for the rebuild, but AEG told him to shoot for the middle.

Dean's response? I've said this before, but I think he shot to look like the middle option, but really aim for the rebuild. Most of his acquisitions had some kind of pedigree that made it look like they'd be immediate help, but were really designed to help bring along young players. And once the on-ice results were bad enough, he could make the case to the organization that "Well, we're down near the bottom anyway, we might as well, take it apart now and build it back up." He took it further apart the following season, grabbed Doughty in the draft, and got to work.

So far, I don't see Blake and Luc having that kind of guile. Both guys, like Stevens, got the job because they they had the know-how of how things worked and could continue in that vein, but with some slight changes. And true to plan, they're sticking to the instructions they've been given and I don't imagine them changing.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    They lost Richards, Williams, Stoll, Greene, Mitchell and Scuderi as well as Voynov for absolutely nothing in return. Not a single draft pick or prospect. I mean, just look at the value that group brought to this team and they all walked for absolutely nothing in return.

Then Lombardi gave away their money to players already on the roster, added nothing but a couple longshot faded vets because they traded all of their assets during the Cup years and had no cost controlled players from within.

It's was completely avoidable, and not in retrospect either.
    Regher to

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

I think changing coach is a must... not that I don't like Stevens or not... for the whole series, he found ZERO methods to counter LV's speed and forecheck. We could not clear our own puck without icing it.

We cannot match LV's speed is expected, but we were almost outplayed in every single category and that is not acceptable.

If the coach couldn't find solutions, could not motivate the players, could not push them to the limit and exceed it, then he should go, unfortunately.

Of course, Blake/Luc will fire Stevens or not is another topic.

IMO, if we decide to trade Kopi/Doughty, I suggest to trade them all, trade away all the high paid players and start from zero.
    Why? Because if we trade away Kopi or Doughty or any star player, we will only get some roster players and/or draft pick back. Even if we can get a star player back, we are just remaining the same level of playing. We won't go forward by having another big contract back. If we trade either one away, we are a level or two lower and not even a playoff bound team.
    If we can't get into playoff soon (or get sweep in the first round), keeping the other one doesn't help or mean much at all.

Sad to see that, but if we want a major overhaul, better to trade away Kopi, DD, Carter, and Quick to get high draft picks and prospects and start from beginning.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1671 Post(s)

Clearly, from Stevens after Game 4 loss comments, he now understands what he must do to win!!!

Kings in 8!!!!

Stevens has got this now!!!

Go Kongs!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3357 Post(s)

One frustrating thing about the Kings last night was their refusal to carry the puck in the zone. Vegas gives the person in the middle of the ice room to do so, but the Kings offense insist on passing it to the wingers on the side. 70% of the time, all they had to do was get their stick on it because they anticipated the pass the whole time.

Then the other times, the Kings would get frustrated and dump the puck in... with no one chasing it. It's unbelievable.

That's why when they pull Quick, they magically have so much trouble getting into the offensive zone. No one wants to chase the puck when it's dumped, and they clearly can't pass it 10 feet without it being tipped in some way. Yet no one wants to take over and carry it in the zone. There are no words as to how dumb they are and why they can't see what is happening. If a nobody like me can see what Vegas is doing, surely the coaches would have spotted it immediately.

And if the Kings do realize what the Knights are doing. Then chalk that up to the typical stubbornness of "We must stick to the system even if it doesn't work. In the end, it's the coaches fault, not ours."
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4426 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rozzy View Post
    Regher to
    It's amazing how many players from those Cup wins left without any return. Even guys like Penner, Richardson, Gagne and Fraser too.

They lost nine skaters who played the 2012 playoffs without a single returned asset. Not using that as anything other than just an interesting factoid. At least King and Nolan were dealt, even for next to nothing.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    One frustrating thing about the Kings last night was their refusal to carry the puck in the zone. Vegas gives the person in the middle of the ice room to do so, but the Kings offense insist on passing it to the wingers on the side. 70% of the time, all they had to do was get their stick on it because they anticipated the pass the whole time.Then the other times, the Kings would get frustrated and dump the puck in... with no one chasing it. It's unbelievable.

That's why when they pull Quick, they magically have so much trouble getting into the offensive zone. No one wants to chase the puck when it's dumped, and they clearly can't pass it 10 feet without it being tipped in some way. Yet no one wants to take over and carry it in the zone. There are no words as to how dumb they are and why they can't see what is happening. If a nobody like me can see what Vegas is doing, surely the coaches would have spotted it immediately.

And if the Kings do realize what the Knights are doing. Then chalk that up to the typical stubbornness of "We must stick to the system even if it doesn't work. In the end, it's the coaches fault, not ours."

^^^ THIS
    We just used the same ineffective method again and again.
    We dumped the puck in but nobody did the chasing. For this, I understand. It was because our guys were dead tired by chasing the LV players and our own tails already.
    We made the game easy for LV to play against, Stevens had to responsible for this.