Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Default Shooter fires through restaurant window killing 2 Florida Deputies.....

Thoughts and prayers to Ofcr. Lindsey's and Sgt. Ramirez' friends, family and all my brothers & sisters at Gilchrist County Sheriff Dept.

Shooter fires through restaurant window killing 2 Florida Deputies.....

TRENTON, Fla. Someone fired through the window of a north Florida restaurant Thursday afternoon, killing two deputies who were getting food, officials said.Gilchrist County Sheriff Bobby Schultz identified the slain deputies during a news conference as Sgt. Noel Ramirez, 30, and Deputy Taylor Lindsey, 25.

Sheriff: 2 deputies fatally ambushed because of LE Hatred

Gilchrest County Sheriff Bobby Schultz blamed the deaths of Sgt. Noel Ramirez, 30, and Deputy Taylor Lindsey, 25, on hatred toward law enforcement."What do you expect happens when you demonize law enforcement to the extent it's been demonized? Every type of hate, every type of put-down you can think of," Schultz said at a news conference.

"The only thing these men were guilty of is wanting to protect you and me. They just wanted to get something to eat, and they just wanted to do their job," he said.
    Sorry for my rant but you cannot say that being a law enforcement officer in today's world is not the most dangerous job in the United States. Who else is targeted while eating in uniform in a public place. I would get 45 minutes a night to eat where I did not have to respond to any calls. 45 minutes where we are supposed to be able to eat a meal in relative peace. Despite that, I (along with most other officers & deputies) would always try eat in the back of the restaurant (sometimes in closed off sections if we knew the staff) and always facing the front door. You could never really relax and enjoy your meal. To this day in retirement I still try to eat in the back facing the door.

Now I'm not Monday morning quarterbacking these deputies and I'm sure they felt they were relatively safe where they were eating. Only to have this **** bag walk up to the window and kill them. Sheriff Schultz is correct that law enforcement has been demonized to the levels never seen by the media and the public in todays world.

That is why I left when I did. I could no longer work in a profession that I no longer believe in and where the public no longer believes in us as well. Jr deserves to have his daddy around to watch him grow up. I just pray for Jr when he is old enough to understand the world he lives in.

/rant off
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

FIRE BETTMAN!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

the madness is never going to end. van running down pedestrians in Toronto today. wtf
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!