Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 159
  1. #21
    3rd Line Role Player
    Kings7's Avatar
    Karma: 1020000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    That shot by Karlson was pretty amazing. Hard to believe he never scored double figures before this season.
    Simply amazing the way LVGK has stepped up its intensity during the postseason. Only one W away from being in Conference Championship. Wow, they play a very special brand of hockey indeed, and their fans are simply amazing.

  2. #22
    :D
    Conglaturation's Avatar
    Karma: 2059909852
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Default

    Simply. Indeed.

  3. #23
    Bar room hero
    Kings Provisional's Avatar
    Karma: 15729846
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,078
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)

    Default

    The Golden Knights are like a spoiled rotten d-bag rich kid who has been handed everything on a silver platter but acts like he "earned it". And most of their fans are clueless to this fact.

  4. #24
    2nd Scoring Line
    xcheck's Avatar
    Karma: 1581884
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    The Golden Knights are like a spoiled rotten d-bag rich kid who has been handed everything on a silver platter but acts like he "earned it". And most of their fans are clueless to this fact.
    AKA: Born on third base thinking they hit a triple.

  5. #25
    3rd Line Role Player
    Kings7's Avatar
    Karma: 1020000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    I thought I was watching a bad comedy movie during the ridiculous over-the-top pregame production before the game. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Provisional View Post
    The Golden Knights are like a spoiled rotten d-bag rich kid who has been handed everything on a silver platter but acts like he "earned it". And most of their fans are clueless to this fact.
    Guys let's try not to be sore losers. We got swept by this team, 4-0. They are an amazing story, but I doubt they will beat Sharks tonight because the Shark Tank has an electric atmosphere, plus the Sharks are accustomed to playing in the postseason. Remember when they easily beat us in 1st round a few years back?

  6. #26
    1st Scoring Line
    05/29/93's Avatar
    Karma: 1658000
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,798
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    Guys let's try not to be sore losers. We got swept by this team, 4-0. They are an amazing story, but I doubt they will beat Sharks tonight because the Shark Tank has an electric atmosphere, plus the Sharks are accustomed to playing in the postseason. Remember when they easily beat us in 1st round a few years back?
    Didn't help them that much! Vegas is an amazing story, it's just too bad the Kings had to play in part of the script as a losing side.

  7. #27
    Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Trapper9's Avatar
    Karma: 3441500
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,842
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    Guys let's try not to be sore losers. We got swept by this team, 4-0. They are an amazing story, but I doubt they will beat Sharks tonight because the Shark Tank has an electric atmosphere, plus the Sharks are accustomed to playing in the postseason. Remember when they easily beat us in 1st round a few years back?
    I'm not a sore loser. They outplayed us. they outplayed the Sharks. They were the better team. I like their team it's just that their social media and fans that suck.
    But everyone probably feels that way about everyone elses social media and fans. Heck, I barely like our fans.

  8. #28
    Two-way grinding forward
    GrinderCB's Avatar
    Karma: 1116000
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    353
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    Your point is well taken. A reason why prices are so high on SH for LVGK playoff tix is because the team raises the price 75% higher than regular season price for those who don't opt into the promise NOT to resell on secondary market: https://www.ticketnews.com/2018/04/g...ts-triple-dip/

    There's a lot of $$$ behind this hockey team!
    I never understood the logic of venues being against scalping, er, reselling tickets. They got theirs at the price indicated, the season seat holders got first crack at them and all that, after that the team/venue can sell tickets to big spenders, corporate VIP's, etc, and get additional cash. Okay, blocking the old-school scalpers in the parking lot the day of the event I can understand. Hell, Anaheim PD sends out foot patrols around Angels Stadium or the Pond and keeps scalpers across the street from the stadium.

    But making ticket holders promise not to resell their tickets through StubHub or wherever lest they be charged a premium? Really? Unless there's some serious secret ticket reseller mojo going on that threatens the fiber of their existence, this seems very petty.

  9. #29
    3rd Line Role Player
    Kings7's Avatar
    Karma: 1020000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrinderCB View Post
    I never understood the logic of venues being against scalping, er, reselling tickets. They got theirs at the price indicated, the season seat holders got first crack at them and all that, after that the team/venue can sell tickets to big spenders, corporate VIP's, etc, and get additional cash. Okay, blocking the old-school scalpers in the parking lot the day of the event I can understand. Hell, Anaheim PD sends out foot patrols around Angels Stadium or the Pond and keeps scalpers across the street from the stadium.

    But making ticket holders promise not to resell their tickets through StubHub or wherever lest they be charged a premium? Really? Unless there's some serious secret ticket reseller mojo going on that threatens the fiber of their existence, this seems very petty.
    Yeah, LVGK's reason is to maximize its home ice advantage, so visiting team fans will presumably have to spend more $$$ for tickets. I linked an article which explains how the team makes even more $$ when resale prices are higher. Their policy only applies during postseason, I think.

  10. #30
    Bar room hero
    Kings Provisional's Avatar
    Karma: 15729846
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    8,078
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    Didn't help them that much! Vegas is an amazing story, it's just too bad the Kings had to play in part of the script as a losing side.
    It actually did help them, immensely. They got to do what no other expansion team got to do.

    And I'm not a sore loser Kings7, just stating facts.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •