Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 159
  1. #1
    3rd Line Role Player
    Kings7's Avatar
    Karma: 1020000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

    Default Kudos to the Vegas Golden Knights

    Their 1st year in the league, they finished with a superior regular season record then swept the Kings in the playoffs. Their fan base is excited, energetic, creates an amazing atmosphere. Tickets are starting at $200/ea for their 1st game against the Sharks.

    Las Vegas Knights appear to be a classy organization with a bright future. Gotta give credit where it's due!

  2. #2
    They're a finesse team.
    DRGinLBC's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,257
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    509 Post(s)

    Default

    Cool story, bro. I get a discount for Medieval Times through my work if you want me to hook you up.

  3. #3
    <3 Tanner <3
    TooCool's Avatar
    Karma: 2147417567
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20,762
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3437 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    Las Vegas Knights appear to be a classy organization with a bright future. !
    Well that remains to be seen.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

    LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

    Rink Dawg

  4. #4
    1st Scoring Line
    AngelEyes's Avatar
    Karma: 208833432
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,148
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    Their 1st year in the league, they finished with a superior regular season record then swept the Kings in the playoffs. Their fan base is excited, energetic, creates an amazing atmosphere. Tickets are starting at $200/ea for their 1st game against the Sharks.

    Las Vegas Knights appear to be a classy organization with a bright future. Gotta give credit where it's due!
    "Classy" is not a term that I'd use for an organization that works to deprive fans of other teams the opportunity to attend games. It strikes me as petty and a further eroding of any kind of culture of inclusion. They should be ashamed.

    (I know they are not the first to do this, and I suspect it's going to get much, much worse across all sports. Doesn't make it any more palatable.)

  5. #5
    3rd Line Role Player
    Kings7's Avatar
    Karma: 1020000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    "Classy" is not a term that I'd use for an organization that works to deprive fans of other teams the opportunity to attend games. It strikes me as petty and a further eroding of any kind of culture of inclusion. They should be ashamed.

    (I know they are not the first to do this, and I suspect it's going to get much, much worse across all sports. Doesn't make it any more palatable.)
    I see what you're saying. I think it's a smart move to maximize home ice advantage. IF the team has a sold out arena then they can do this. It wouldn't necessarily work for LAK since they are not sold out - not even during playoffs.

    Some NBA players complain that they felt like they were playing on the road during playoffs, due to opposing team's fans in the building.

    You can buy tickets on Stubhub at a premium. You may not like it as a fan of the opposing team, but I think it's a smart strategy. It seems that LVGK is providing a good experience for their fans. I expect their arena to be sold out next year and until further notice! They may also jack up their prices before long, right now they're on par or a bit cheaper than LAK in lower bowl

  6. #6
    I have the best words
    mervaldez's Avatar
    Karma: 2000078000
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,079
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice NHL-directed expansion draft.

  7. #7
    All Star
    kingrussell's Avatar
    Karma: 5826139
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,442
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    I see what you're saying. I think it's a smart move to maximize home ice advantage. IF the team has a sold out arena then they can do this. It wouldn't necessarily work for LAK since they are not sold out - not even during playoffs.

    Some NBA players complain that they felt like they were playing on the road during playoffs, due to opposing team's fans in the building.

    You can buy tickets on Stubhub at a premium. You may not like it as a fan of the opposing team, but I think it's a smart strategy. It seems that LVGK is providing a good experience for their fans. I expect their arena to be sold out next year and until further notice! They may also jack up their prices before long, right now they're on par or a bit cheaper than LAK in lower bowl
    Kings are sold out, it's just that not all of those tickets are used as they are purchased by corporations.

  8. #8
    3rd Line Role Player
    Kings7's Avatar
    Karma: 1020000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Well that remains to be seen.
    Right now, it looks like they are a classy organization. Sold Out from the getgo, Stanley Cup Playoff berth, swept the 1st round, etc... Kings would trade places with LVGK in a heartbeat. Las Vegas looks to be a great location for an NHL franchise, would be great for NBA too I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingrussell View Post
    Kings are sold out, it's just that not all of those tickets are used as they are purchased by corporations.
    Sold out for what? There were a ton of empty seats at Select A Seat last year and will be even more available this year. They may have sold out playoff games, I'm not sure.

  9. #9
    3rd Line Role Player
    Kings7's Avatar
    Karma: 1020000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    "Classy" is not a term that I'd use for an organization that works to deprive fans of other teams the opportunity to attend games. It strikes me as petty and a further eroding of any kind of culture of inclusion. They should be ashamed.

    (I know they are not the first to do this, and I suspect it's going to get much, much worse across all sports. Doesn't make it any more palatable.)
    Your point is well taken. A reason why prices are so high on SH for LVGK playoff tix is because the team raises the price 75% higher than regular season price for those who don't opt into the promise NOT to resell on secondary market: https://www.ticketnews.com/2018/04/g...ts-triple-dip/

    There's a lot of $$$ behind this hockey team!

  10. #10
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 1747787147
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,539
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3320 Post(s)

    Default

    Classy for sure. The way they had to open their season was not in their plan, they embraced their community and I don't think the folks outside of Vegas really appreciate what that meant.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •