Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    861 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Seven goals given up to the Knights by both the Kings and Sharks. Of course it took us four games (one without Doughty).
    So what?

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Livin' in God's Country
    Images
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    The more Vegas wins, the more I fear that Blake will have an easier time selling the story that the Kings are all-right and just need some tweaking.

After-all, the Kings ran into the hottest team in the league.
    It wasn't that the Kings could not compete, it was just that Vegas was sooooooo good!

eek!
    I can't imagine them saying that. I'm sure they see what we see, a problematic offense that has become "predictable".

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    You all think Ducks fans are insufferable. Just wait til Vegas wins the cup in their first season.
    Very true. Though Sharks fans will be the same way too should they ever win one.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cokingsfan View Post
    I can't imagine them saying that. I'm sure they see what we see, a problematic offense that has become "predictable".
    I hope you are right!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    So what?
    Misery loves company.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RONNIEC View Post
    For this, I doubt.
    If they were staying in Quebec, then they would "still" be in the same division with Mario Lemieux' Penguins, Ray Bourque/Neely/Oates' Bruins, Hasek/Lafontaine's Sabres, and the great Montreal Canadiens. It would be very tough for them to get out of the division.
    Also if they stayed, I doubt they could sign Patrick Roy from the Habs.

I think they had a great foundation but not yet ready in Quebec... and after they moved, they made a few key signings, and then turned themselves into a true contender.
    I am talking about the year they won it. Even if they stayed that year, they didn't end up playing any of those teams when they won the Cup. So yes, the year Colorado won their first "technical cup" the first year they moved there they would have won it that year still even staying in Quebec.

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Very true. Though Sharks fans will be the same way too should they ever win one.
    True, the Shark part. I was in an airport bar in San Jose yesterday watching the game with a bunch of sharks fans and it gave me such joy to be the only person clapping at that bar every time Vegas scored. Shark fans are a giant bucket of douches, but the peeps rooting for Vegas don't seem to be that same group of aholes, but there are always exceptions...

Truancy Officer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    For sure! They would have won the Cup had they stayed in Quebec or not though. LV had the whole expansion draft which teams who move don't have that. Quebec basically got stock piled because of the whole Lindros fiasco and then left. That would have sucked to be a fan then and see such talent like that up and leave while they were hitting their prime.
    Except maybe goaltending. I remember this well (The `Diques were my EC team back then) the Canadiens would never trade Roy to Quebec. They only traded him after the move to Denver already happened. Denver started that season with Jocelyn Thibault and Stephane Fiset. Doubt you win much with those two.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    861 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pray4mojo View Post
    Misery loves company.
    I've said something like this before:

The fact that your neighbor's lawn has a brown spot doesn't change the fact that your house is burning down.

The Kings need to change their situation, and focusing on something like this doesn't change that fact.

Or the fact that San Jose
    - has made it to the second round
    - has more wins this postseason than the Kings scored goals
    - has four times as many wins this postseason as the Kings have in the last four postseasons combined

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)

C'mon guys, you have to admit that after seeing that game last night. the Kings performance doesn't seem quite as bad. Not saying we don't need changes, we do. But at some point you have to give Vegas credit for being a very good team that is clicking on all cylinders right now.