2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STONE View Post
    True, the Shark part. I was in an airport bar in San Jose yesterday watching the game with a bunch of sharks fans and it gave me such joy to be the only person clapping at that bar every time Vegas scored. Shark fans are a giant bucket of douches, but the peeps rooting for Vegas don't seem to be that same group of aholes, but there are always exceptions...
    Yeah, I lived in the Bay Area and the Sharks fans are true a-holes, some of the worst fans in the NHL. Which makes it even more remarkable that I'm rooting for San Jose against the Knights.

That ridiculous cheese fest before their games is freaking embarrassing. I get that it's Vegas and all, but man is that stuff obnoxious. I wonder how long it will be before Siegfried & Roy's White Tigers hit the ice.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    676 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Yeah, I lived in the Bay Area and the Sharks fans are true a-holes, some of the worst fans in the NHL. Which makes it even more remarkable that I'm rooting for San Jose against the Knights.

That ridiculous cheese fest before their games is freaking embarrassing. I get that it's Vegas and all, but man is that stuff obnoxious. I wonder how long it will be before Siegfried & Roy's White Tigers hit the ice.
    Agree; that crap they brought out before the game was a mess. This is Hockey, not a 3-ring circus.
    Last edited by John a90; April 27th, 2018 at 07:01 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    676 Post(s)

The only positive I can find abt that Vegas team is that it should send a very important message to Blake and Luc.....The Kings are way behind times with their game product and need to get real!!

Plaid to the Bone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post

The Medieval Times ripoff before the game is not only immature and embarrassing to hockey, it's totally predictable and generic. White tigers playing with hockey pucks might kick it up a notch, true. But I was thinking something more like a new show - "Puque" (As in puck. Not really puke, but also kinda puke. Whooo, allegory.) by Cirque du Soleil. There can be like flying women on colorful silks with absurdly long representations of hockey sticks. They can also ceremoniously toss teeth-shaped glitter and torment a villain in an imaginary penalty box made of like vapor and lasers and ****.

Wayne Newton can sing the anthems because, y'know, Wayne Newton. Although, to be fair, Celine Dion can probably do a much better version of O Canada in French.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Drunken; April 27th, 2018 at 08:23 PM.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Watching the Jets and Preds play it was watching a game at half speed compaird how the Vegas team plays at.
    I dont see another western team that can keep up.

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

Nothing, NOTHING could beat the embarrassment of The Mighty Ducks first ever pre-game fiasco back in 92(?).

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    It would be exactly like a Colorado Avalanche thing again. Win a cup in the first season. Some fan bases are just spoiled right from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    To be fair, the Avalanche weren't an expansion team. They just moved from Quebec. They had Sakic, Forsberg etc.
    But @soyokaze was correct; the fans in Denver were spoiled right out of the gate.

Dorkus Malorkus
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    464 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RONNIEC View Post
    You said what I want to say.. Sakic and Forsberg.

Did a little research, they also had players like Adam Deadmarsh, Andrei Kovalenko, Claude Lemieux, Mike Ricci, ex-King Warren Rychel, Chris Simon, Adam Foote, Sandis Ozolinsh, and the great PATRICK ROY.

They were a much much better and experienced team than the LV Knights.
    They were already destined to win at some point a good two years before they moved (or there abouts). They were by far the best team to ever move cities as most of the time teams that move are pretty crappy.

jom

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    813 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    But @soyokaze was correct; the fans in Denver were spoiled right out of the gate.
    There were several people from Colorado in my college dorm back in the early 2000’s. Obnoxious is too tame of a word. Remember the Kings lost back to back years to the Avs.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    To be fair, the Avalanche weren't an expansion team. They just moved from Quebec. They had Sakic, Forsberg etc.
    True, but I'm comparing the scenario where you get a brand new team in your city and right off the bat they're successful. It's much easier to build a fan base that way.