Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Sharks tie the Kings in game one of round two

  1. #1
    Jerseys need purple
    aragorn's Avatar
    Karma: 1474700
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    956
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

    Default Sharks tie the Kings in game one of round two

    Seven goals given up to the Knights by both the Kings and Sharks. Of course it took us four games (one without Doughty).

  2. #2
    All Star
    NastiMarvasti's Avatar
    Karma: 2306264
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,270
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    813 Post(s)

    Default

    You all think Ducks fans are insufferable. Just wait til Vegas wins the cup in their first season.

  3. #3
    2nd Scoring Line
    BOMBER's Avatar
    Karma: 1187885
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    434
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    You all think Ducks fans are insufferable. Just wait til Vegas wins the cup in their first season.
    Nashville will take them out.

  4. #4
    2nd Scoring Line
    soyokaze's Avatar
    Karma: 1408000
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NastiMarvasti View Post
    You all think Ducks fans are insufferable. Just wait til Vegas wins the cup in their first season.
    It would be exactly like a Colorado Avalanche thing again. Win a cup in the first season. Some fan bases are just spoiled right from the beginning.

  5. #5
    1st Scoring Line
    Bojanglz's Avatar
    Karma: 40116000
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    It would be exactly like a Colorado Avalanche thing again. Win a cup in the first season. Some fan bases are just spoiled right from the beginning.
    To be fair, the Avalanche weren't an expansion team. They just moved from Quebec. They had Sakic, Forsberg etc.

  6. #6
    1st Scoring Line
    05/29/93's Avatar
    Karma: 1658000
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Seven goals given up to the Knights by both the Kings and Sharks. Of course it took us four games (one without Doughty).
    Actually, over 4.5 games, considering the long double OT in game 2.

  7. #7
    2nd Scoring Line
    RONNIEC's Avatar
    Karma: 1089000
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    To be fair, the Avalanche weren't an expansion team. They just moved from Quebec. They had Sakic, Forsberg etc.
    You said what I want to say.. Sakic and Forsberg.

    Did a little research, they also had players like Adam Deadmarsh, Andrei Kovalenko, Claude Lemieux, Mike Ricci, ex-King Warren Rychel, Chris Simon, Adam Foote, Sandis Ozolinsh, and the great PATRICK ROY.

    They were a much much better and experienced team than the LV Knights.

  8. #8
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,803
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1830 Post(s)

    Default

    The more Vegas wins, the more I fear that Blake will have an easier time selling the story that the Kings are all-right and just need some tweaking.

    After-all, the Kings ran into the hottest team in the league.
    It wasn't that the Kings could not compete, it was just that Vegas was sooooooo good!

    eek!

  9. #9
    1st Scoring Line
    Bojanglz's Avatar
    Karma: 40116000
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RONNIEC View Post
    You said what I want to say.. Sakic and Forsberg.

    Did a little research, they also had players like Adam Deadmarsh, Andrei Kovalenko, Claude Lemieux, Mike Ricci, ex-King Warren Rychel, Chris Simon, Adam Foote, Sandis Ozolinsh, and the great PATRICK ROY.

    They were a much much better and experienced team than the LV Knights.
    For sure! They would have won the Cup had they stayed in Quebec or not though. LV had the whole expansion draft which teams who move don't have that. Quebec basically got stock piled because of the whole Lindros fiasco and then left. That would have sucked to be a fan then and see such talent like that up and leave while they were hitting their prime.

  10. #10
    2nd Scoring Line
    RONNIEC's Avatar
    Karma: 1089000
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    For sure! They would have won the Cup had they stayed in Quebec or not though. LV had the whole expansion draft which teams who move don't have that. Quebec basically got stock piled because of the whole Lindros fiasco and then left. That would have sucked to be a fan then and see such talent like that up and leave while they were hitting their prime.
    For this, I doubt.
    If they were staying in Quebec, then they would "still" be in the same division with Mario Lemieux' Penguins, Ray Bourque/Neely/Oates' Bruins, Hasek/Lafontaine's Sabres, and the great Montreal Canadiens. It would be very tough for them to get out of the division.
    Also if they stayed, I doubt they could sign Patrick Roy from the Habs.

    I think they had a great foundation but not yet ready in Quebec... and after they moved, they made a few key signings, and then turned themselves into a true contender.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •