Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    409 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Say what?

That window slammed shut and was painted over four years ago.

It's over. Dead and gone.

They need to invest heavily in the future before they kill that too
    , and by telling themselves that they still think they can win now they are only harming themselves.
    You need Robitaille's phone number and for leverage a sex tape of him and __________ .

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    340 Post(s)

Wish we could have traded I mean fired Stevens and hired jim Montgomery as the coach. Thatís the out of the box thinking this team needs . But no Kings go get mitchels and thompsons of the world while Amadio and Brodzinski ride the bench or the bus in AHL.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Trading away a player is punishment?!?!? Who knew?!?!

Someone must have been taking a class in "family loyalty 101" from professor Dean Lombardi.

.....this was ll before Deano had his "come to Jesus" moment and realized that players are commodities and you can't treat them like your children......it's a business.
    Yes, believe it or not, players don't like to move, uproot their families, etc. Shocking, isn't it.

Keeping them would be performance related, not blind loyalty. If you believe the were being held back under Sutter, the logical conclusion is that this performance isn't a flash in the pan. But hey, logic has never been your strong suit.
    Last edited by salami; May 4th, 2018 at 04:59 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    You're not a rich man are you
    You'd be surprised.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1740 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    Yes, believe it or not, players don't like to move, uproot their families, etc. Shocking, isn't it.

Keeping them would be performance related, not blind loyalty. If you believe the were being held back under Sutter, the logical conclusion is that this performance isn't a flash in the pan. But hey, logic has never been your strong suit.
    Still laughable that you believe that trading a player is punishment for said player.
    One day you will figure out professional sports.

One day you’ll learn about trading assets and not just trading liabilities.

Meanwhile it’s slightly true that some players were held back by Sutter’s system. However that was a small part of the Kings major issues. The team player wise is not in a position to compete in the speed / skill NHL of today.

If you believe Sutter was the big problem, then you have not been paying attention to this season or the past * 3 seasons.

Most understood that the team would be black hole bound this season.
    Mediocrity is here and for the future.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

With the MVP of the league this year, best defenseman, and best defense(Jennings Trophy) I like our chances next year as much as I have over the last 50 years.

Hope this POV doesn't hurt a certain someone's feelings so they report me to the mods.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nillson View Post
    With the MVP of the league this year, best defenseman, and best defense(Jennings Trophy) I like our chances next year as much as I have over the last 50 years.

Hope this POV doesn't hurt a certain someone's feelings so they report me to the mods.
    Hey, Eeyore's always gonna mope. There are people out there who are only happy when they're miserable. Hence, wanting to trade away parts of the best core the Kings have ever had.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

Carter and a pick for (hey, almost sounds like Cammy and a pick!). In all seriousness, I really think the adage of "it's better to trade a player a year early than a year late" applies to him.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Still laughable that you believe that trading a player is punishment for said player.
    One day you will figure out professional sports.

One day you’ll learn about trading assets and not just trading liabilities.

Meanwhile it’s slightly true that some players were held back by Sutter’s system. However that was a small part of the Kings major issues. The team player wise is not in a position to compete in the speed / skill NHL of today.

If you believe Sutter was the big problem, then you have not been paying attention to this season or the past * 3 seasons.

Most understood that the team would be black hole bound this season.
    Mediocrity is here and for the future.
    Tell me, what role do you play in professional sports to be on such a high horse?

You trade assets at their prime when they're duplicative and not getting ice time (one of the rare, appreciated trades). You trade assets when they're on the decline (which we KNOW Muzzen and Forbort aren't, and the coaching staff and management believe Brown isn't). You trade valuable assets to rebuild the core when your team is in the cellar (another appreciated trade).

When you have the best D-man in the world, the best defensive center in the league, a top 5 goaltender, not to mention Jeff Carter, Jake Muzzin, etc., you don't blow it up. That's there the term "retooling" comes from. The core is there, but some support players need to be changed. Forbort isn't even in his prime yet. Muzzin is in his prime. Brown...possibly on the decline, but after this last season, he's earned another chance. And whether you like it or not, management feels that way, so you might have to put your "bitch about Brown" mantra aside for a year or two. If management really believes that they have a viable team, they believe that being there and playing there is an honor, so naturally, moving a player is a separation from that honor...at least from their perspective.

Long story short, if you believe that the Kings will be stuck in cellar for the foreseeable future, I can see how you might feel mercy trades are in order. But if you manage to ditch that ever-looming dark cloud for a few minutes, you might just see that this team is no farther from the cup than they were in 2011, and a few key moves over the summer could have our boys in the running again next year.

But hey, tell me more about how players like to be traded and move, and find new houses, and new schools for the kids, etc. Tell me why NTCs exist, while there is no such thing as a guaranteed trade clause.