Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: We actually have some trade-able assets; WHO should we trade them for?"

  1. #21
    Team LGK
    JWR's Avatar
    Karma: 9408230
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    367 Post(s)

    Default

    I'll play this game a bit

    just looking at potential young talent coming up in the next couple of years

    Gabriel Vilardi C , Jaret Anderson-Dolan C Top 6 , Justin Auger RW 3rd/4th line , Paul LaDue D , Kyle Clague LD , Daniel Brickley LD , Cal Petersen G

    Throw in Kempe who should be in the top 6 but stuck on the 3rd line once Carter came back there are spots that may need to be opened soon.

    I would look to trade Pearson & Andreoff , and let Mitchell (ufs)and Rieder (rfa)walk of the forwards

    find a trade partner to take Phaneuf , Trade Muzzin and let Folin walk (ufa)

    I would expect that this may well be the last year for Quick for I expect his contract will soon become a problem due to years left and younger/cheaper talent a year or less away. (Petersen)

    So potential

    Vilardi , Kopitar , Brown
    Toffoli , Kempe , Carter
    Iafallo , Anderson-Dolan , Lewis
    Clifford, Thompson , Auger
    Amadio , Brodzinski

    Doughty , Forbort
    Clague , Martinez
    Brickley, LaDue
    Gravel

    Quick , Campbell
    Last edited by JWR; May 4th, 2018 at 09:51 PM.
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

  2. #22
    1st Scoring Line
    triplcrown's Avatar
    Karma: 2114317
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,160
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)

    Default

    Dustin Brown turns 34 early next November.

    I doubt he will ever have another season like the one he just had.

    Dustin Brown is wonderful and we all love him, but
    diminishing returns are a fact of life.

  3. #23
    1st Scoring Line
    Claw21's Avatar
    Karma: 1107000
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd trade anybody. Especially Toffoli.

  4. #24
    Team LGK
    JWR's Avatar
    Karma: 9408230
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    367 Post(s)

    Default

    Per Elliotte Friedman's podcast Kings are talking to Carolina about Jeff Skinner

    https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018...f-skinner.html
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

  5. #25
    2nd Scoring Line
    waynet's Avatar
    Karma: 1185000
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    846
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

    Default

    The Sutter/Stevens dump-chase-defense first attack is nowhere to be seen at the top echelon of today's NHL. The Kings are structured, eg., best defenseman, best defensive forward, top goalie, to successfully execute this strategy, with mass generally presiding over maneuverability. Trading some of the mass for maneuverability sounds like a good idea to better compete in today's NHL, but will such trades improve a dump-chase-defense first Kings?

    Virtually all the top NHL teams skate the puck into the offensive zone. Dmen who can effectively integrate with offensive zone activity is a hallmark of the teams still playing. You can count, with about 2 fingers, the number of Kings Dmen capable of seamless offensive activity. The Kings retreat more effectively than they advance, by design.

    Without a corresponding design change, trading for more speed (Rieder?) may not produce the desired result.

  6. #26
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,803
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1830 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    Tell me, what role do you play in professional sports to be on such a high horse?

    You trade assets at their prime when they're duplicative and not getting ice time (one of the rare, appreciated trades). You trade assets when they're on the decline (which we KNOW Muzzen and Forbort aren't, and the coaching staff and management believe Brown isn't). You trade valuable assets to rebuild the core when your team is in the cellar (another appreciated trade).

    When you have the best D-man in the world, the best defensive center in the league, a top 5 goaltender, not to mention Jeff Carter, Jake Muzzin, etc., you don't blow it up. That's there the term "retooling" comes from. The core is there, but some support players need to be changed. Forbort isn't even in his prime yet. Muzzin is in his prime. Brown...possibly on the decline, but after this last season, he's earned another chance. And whether you like it or not, management feels that way, so you might have to put your "bitch about Brown" mantra aside for a year or two. If management really believes that they have a viable team, they believe that being there and playing there is an honor, so naturally, moving a player is a separation from that honor...at least from their perspective.

    Long story short, if you believe that the Kings will be stuck in cellar for the foreseeable future, I can see how you might feel mercy trades are in order. But if you manage to ditch that ever-looming dark cloud for a few minutes, you might just see that this team is no farther from the cup than they were in 2011, and a few key moves over the summer could have our boys in the running again next year.

    But hey, tell me more about how players like to be traded and move, and find new houses, and new schools for the kids, etc. Tell me why NTCs exist, while there is no such thing as a guaranteed trade clause.
    Your argument has a fundamental flaw.
    You believe that this core can continue to be built off of as if it were 2012.

    There has been a massive change in the league.
    There has been a massive change in vet roster players on this team.

    It is this core with the insane contracts that is tying the hands of the club.
    Too few players getting the lionshare of the coin.
    A core and system that cannot compete with speed/skill game.

    This has been proven for 4 seasons and counting.
    Schooled by the sharks in the playoffs.
    Manhandled by the expansion Vegas club in the playoffs with a sweep.
    If not for Quick Iím this seasons playoffs, it would have been an embarrassment of epic proportions.

    The Kings had no answers. The coach had no answers.
    This will continue unless the roster is turned over and a new coach and system is brought in.


    You believe all has been fines since 2015. Just need some tweaking. 3-4 years on and the Kings are still not contenders.
    You are entitled to that opinion.
    Itís a contrarian opinion.

  7. #27
    All Star
    salami's Avatar
    Karma: 2335072
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,397
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    485 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Your argument has a fundamental flaw.
    You believe that this core can continue to be built off of as if it were 2012.

    There has been a massive change in the league.
    There has been a massive change in vet roster players on this team.

    It is this core with the insane contracts that is tying the hands of the club.
    Too few players getting the lionshare of the coin.
    A core and system that cannot compete with speed/skill game.

    This has been proven for 4 seasons and counting.
    Schooled by the sharks in the playoffs.
    Manhandled by the expansion Vegas club in the playoffs with a sweep.
    If not for Quick I’m this seasons playoffs, it would have been an embarrassment of epic proportions.

    The Kings had no answers. The coach had no answers.
    This will continue unless the roster is turned over and a new coach and system is brought in.


    You believe all has been fines since 2015. Just need some tweaking. 3-4 years on and the Kings are still not contenders.
    You are entitled to that opinion.
    It’s a contrarian opinion.
    Well, if you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd realize that the professionals who get paid millions to run this team disagree with you, as indicated by their actions. So yes, I, and the contrarian professionals disagree with you. But you're right...it's so unfortunate for all of us that all of your supreme hockey knowledge is wasted on whatever menial task is your daily charge. If only you had a chance, right?

    Mark my words: Brown, Forbort and Muzzin will not be dumped for picks within next year. Let's go ahead and add Kopitar, Doughty and Quick to that list. Any chance you want to put $100 on whether Blake and Robitaille ascend to join you at the pantheon of hockey knowledge within the next year? I didn't think so.

  8. #28
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,803
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1830 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    Well, if you were half as smart as you think you are, you'd realize that the professionals who get paid millions to run this team disagree with you, as indicated by their actions. So yes, I, and the contrarian professionals disagree with you. But you're right...it's so unfortunate for all of us that all of your supreme hockey knowledge is wasted on whatever menial task is your daily charge. If only you had a chance, right?

    Mark my words: Brown, Forbort and Muzzin will not be dumped for picks within next year. Let's go ahead and add Kopitar, Doughty and Quick to that list. Any chance you want to put $100 on whether Blake and Robitaille ascend to join you at the pantheon of hockey knowledge within the next year? I didn't think so.
    Good thing you are not an avid Oilers fan, eh?
    Those professionals in the front office know what they are doing too.

    You’re trolling.
    Because GM’s never get fired.
    That Deano was a pro, and he got fired....hmmmmmm.
    Tons of people on and off this board disagreed with his tactics for 3 seasons plus.....and then he got fired.

    Pro’s get it wrong....often.
    Stop with the nonsense.

  9. #29
    All Star
    salami's Avatar
    Karma: 2335072
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,397
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    485 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Good thing you are not an avid Oilers fan, eh?
    Those professionals in the front office know what they are doing too.

    You’re trolling.
    Because GM’s never get fired.
    That Deano was a pro, and he got fired....hmmmmmm.
    Tons of people on and off this board disagreed with his tactics for 3 seasons plus.....and then he got fired.

    Pro’s get it wrong....often.
    Stop with the nonsense.
    Well done. You've positioned yourself to have something to complain about for the foreseeable future. Now THAT's forward thinking!

    Tell me more about how players like to be traded.

  10. #30
    1st Scoring Line
    triplcrown's Avatar
    Karma: 2114317
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,160
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    Per Elliotte Friedman's podcast Kings are talking to Carolina about Jeff Skinner

    https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018...f-skinner.html
    Would Muzzin plus a pick do it?
    (I assume that pick would have to be our 2018 1st rounder)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •