Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reptilian Ambassador
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Vegas is successful because the team is executing the coach's plan....
    Every player that is out there for LV trusts the coach's vision and they do their job.
    The players that don't buy into the LVGK vision get Shipachyoved back to wherever they came from..
    They are hungry and they work hard.. Every player puts 100% (or close to it) almost every shift..

Watch the Kings-Knights 1st round series again...
    Vegas players will pass the puck and skate hard to a spot where they can continue to contribute to the play (behind the net, on the side boards etc)
    Kings players, Toffoli as a prime example, pass the puck and then go set up in the slot and wait...

LOL hard to make cross seam passes when you have 2 guys setting up in the high slot!
    I haven't noticed any LVGK sitting in the slot area for more than a few seconds... Toffoli (and unfortunately Carter to a certain degree) might as well sent up tents in the high slot...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1907 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alosha27 View Post
    Every player that is out there for LV trusts the coach's vision and they do their job.
    The players that don't buy into the LVGK vision get Shipachyoved back to wherever they came from..
    They are hungry and they work hard.. Every player puts 100% (or close to it) almost every shift..

Vegas players will pass the puck and skate hard to a spot where they can continue to contribute to the play (behind the net, on the side boards etc)
    Kings players, Toffoli as a prime example, pass the puck and then go set up in the slot and wait...

LOL hard to make cross seam passes when you have 2 guys setting up in the high slot!
    I haven't noticed any LVGK sitting in the slot area for more than a few seconds... Toffoli (and unfortunately Carter to a certain degree) might as well sent up tents in the high slot...
    meh....The Kings play "hard" no doubt, it's just that the Kings are playing an old tired outdated system to a degree, combined with slow, older players.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1647 Post(s)

Top line Wing, depth, 2nd pairing defenseman. They've got a number of weaknesses.

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DRGinLBC View Post
    I still think In n' Out has an overrated burger.
    Still better than the more overrated Five Guys.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

We need to play more like the Knights, and heck it wouldn't hurt to have some/all of their players.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DRGinLBC View Post
    I still think In n' Out has an overrated burger.
    Living on the East Coast has prevented me from ever trying one, but I sure do like the name. I have a T-shirt and keychain.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    Living on the East Coast has prevented me from ever trying one, but I sure do like the name. I have a T-shirt and keychain.
    Some folks cross out the "B" and second "R" on Burger. Tommys and In N Out both make great burgers, but they are quite different so there is no reason to compare them.

I agree, the Knights are playing a totally remarkable brand of hockey.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)

Player shows "swagger" while leading team to victory: "Wow, what leadership and confidence! I wish we had that on our team."
    Player shows "swagger" while leading team to defeat: "What a selfish jerk! I'm so glad we don't have anyone like that on our team!"

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    576 Post(s)

Vegas bonded inside their room with a chip on their shoulders, seeing themselves as outcasts or "Vegas Misfits" in their own words. Now, on the other hands we are divided by individual contracts via Dewey and other LA distractions that Vegas doesn't have. Also, hungry fast, puck moving young team with good coaching is a big thing too

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

You could say the same thing about every team that makes a Stanley Cup final. This quote could easily apply to the Kings in 2012 and 2014, so nothing new here.