Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    While doing your research, did you find out at what time, on the first day of the draft, does Doughty get traded?
    moog: If you want to get dark with this topic perhaps, if geogirl humors us we could start a draft day doughty trade pool (Dread Pool?) for karma points. Time, round and location? Or is that just bad joujou?

Sorry King's Pawn, not trying to derail (undermine) your thread and you have my word, this will be my last post here. Appreciate the work and interest in the future prospects.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    moog: If you want to get dark with this topic perhaps, if geogirl humors us we could start a draft day doughty trade pool (Dread Pool?) for karma points. Time, round and location? Or is that just bad joujou?

Sorry King's Pawn, not trying to derail (undermine) your thread and you have my word, this will be my last post here. Appreciate the work and interest in the future prospects.
    Haha, nothing to apologize for. I actually hope you (and others) continue to post! There are much easier ways for me to have a conversation with just myself (like not taking meds! )

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    Haha, nothing to apologize for. I actually hope you (and others) continue to post! There are much easier ways for me to have a conversation with just myself (like not taking meds! )
    heh. noted. gullibility and lack of practical knowledge of the inner workings of how an NHL franchise drafts is the actual reason i shouldn't post here. but, since you're painfully familiar with what kind of nonsense i bring to the table, green light acknowledged. *wink*

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3027 Post(s)

lack of practical knowledge of the inner workings of how an NHL franchise drafts is the actual reason i shouldn't post here.
    If practical knowledge of how an NHL franchise does anything was required in order to post on LGK, this place would be a ghost town. You just have to pretend to know something and have a very strong opinion about it. If even you know you have no clue, raise the volume. Basically, just act like you're on the internet.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    If practical knowledge of how an NHL franchise does anything was required in order to post on LGK, this place would be a ghost town. You just have to pretend to know something and have a very strong opinion about it. If even you know you have no clue, raise the volume. Basically, just act like you're on the internet.

*smile* You're such a goofball but i'll try a half-measure and see how it feels.

If the Kings' scouting team can just find this guy's second coming in the draft, i'm good.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)

heh. noted. gullibility and lack of practical knowledge of the inner workings of how an NHL franchise drafts is the actual reason i shouldn't post here. but, since you're painfully familiar with what kind of nonsense i bring to the table, green light acknowledged. *wink*
    Gullibility and lack of knowledge hasn't stopped me for the past 15 years on this board. I am sure eventually I'll get something right. That's actually why I have these threads. I know ONE day I'll get something right. Law of averages and all.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)

Anyway, Trapper9 brought up Dellandrea, which is actually one of the more intriguing potential first rounders. He's also playing the most drafted position by the Kings (forward, more specifically center), in the most drafted league (Ontario Hockey League). You'll come to find there are many reasons why Dellandrea would be a very good pick by the Kings.

Ty Dellandrea

DOB: 7/21/2000
    Team: Flint Firebirds (OHL)
    Height: 6'0.25 (at combine)
    Weight: 183.58 lbs (at combine)
    Shoots: Right
    Position: Center

Top 25 metrics at combine
    Aerobic Fitness - Test Duration: 14:35 (23rd)
    VO2 Max: 60.0 mL/kg/min (5th)
    Agility & Balance - Right Max Speed: 12.6 mph (t-7th)

Statistics from Elite Prospects
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../ty-dellandrea

Performance Charts, Heat Map, and Goals/Shots map:
    http://prospect-stats.com/player/15615

Highlight video

The good: He is a cerebral player used in all facets of the ice. He led his team with 5 short handed points (2 goals, 3 assists). He was second on team scoring with 59 points. The leading scorer on his team, a 21 year-old, had 61 points). The next leading scorer on his team only had 35 points. He led his team with 10 powerplay goals.

The concerns: The biggest red flag isn't necessarily a reflection on him, it's his current team. The owner was suspended for five years, and the team staged a walkout; the coaching staff was fired twice in one season based on how they were not handling minutes the way the owner wanted them to for the owner's son (https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/o...ore-penalties/). They were the second worst team in the regular season this year, and they are going to lose their top scorer due to his age, meaning Dellandrea is going to be stuck shouldering the responsibility of a bad team and constantly getting the tough assignments. During crucial development time for a young player, it may just take the fun out of hockey. Of course, as with most players his age, consistency and strength are the biggest knocks against him.

Overall: Dellandrea is a wildcard, simply because he's showing the sum of his parts in a very bad environment. One of the least recognized traits with a player isn't how fast they skate or pass or shoot, but how fast they play... which is cerebral. That's one of Gabriel Vilardi's better traits, and this kid has it as well. He's also still 17 years old.

I would be okay with the Kings taking him at 20. I doubt he'll make it to the 2nd round.
    Last edited by King'sPawn; June 5th, 2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Date of birth added

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)

That plus my more selfish reason, I've been holding on to this hoping The Kings draft him.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    670 Post(s)

While I'm not a fan of drafting for need, there are some who subscribe to that philosophy (especially if everything else is equal). So, considering a speedy forward on the wing is one of the more prominent missing pieces on the Kings, here's one to consider.

Dominik Bokk

DOB: 2/3/2000
    Team: Vxj Lakers HC (SHL)
    Height: 6'1 (at combine)
    Weight: 176 lbs (at combine)
    Shoots: Right
    Position: RW

Top 25 metrics at combine
    Agility and Balance; Pro Agility - Right Max Speed: 12.8 mph (5th)
    Anaerobic fitness; fatigue index: 22.6 (20th)
    Body Fat: 8.59% (20th)

Statistics from Elite Prospects
    https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...3/dominik-bokk

Performance Charts, Heat Maps, etc
    Not Available

Highlight Video:

The good: He fulfills a need; he is a fast skater who can generate a lot of offense. He actually played 15 games in the SHL, which is one of the top European leagues outside of the NHL (some may argue it's better than the KHL).
    The bad: The comments on him make him sound like a high risk player. There are reports saying he doesn't get physically engaged, he's not as strong on the backcheck as he could be. One report stated they saw him cussing out his teammates on the ice for not passing to him (Future Considerations).

Overall: I'm never a fan for drafting for need. And frankly, I don't think a team who "needs" speed should count on a high risk player to fulfill it for them. Myself, I think there are safer players out there the Kings can bring into the organization, but people who like high risk or like to draft for need definitely would have a lot to like in him.
    Last edited by King'sPawn; June 5th, 2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Date of birth added

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)

I have seen him mentioned in mocks as well as Serron Noel.