Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

Default Need help with a Kitten , (Yes Again)

Hi all,

For the last year I have been attempting to rescue the kittens from a feral colony that live on the property that I work in the Orange County area here in Calif. I work at a car dealership so life expectancy for little ones is not very promising. So far over the last year I have caught , sheltered then gotten adopted homes for 5 kittens.

Now there is this little guy
    6 weeks 1 Lb .08 Oz

On Monday May 21 he got clipped by a car in our parking lot. It was very touch and go as to if he would survive the day or end up paralysed. The Vet gave him less than a 20% chance of recovery. Well he proved them wrong. He is now walking , purring and eating up a storm. 1st day home(Thursday) he knew how to use the litter box.
    All is not roses though.
    While he is not paralysed he does show some signs on have nerve damage especially in his right front foreleg. He can move it ok but lacks fine motor skills to control his paw. He was tending to walk using the back of his paw instead of the pad. My vet is trying to see if using a splint for a week will help him keep it in the correct position and allow the nerves to heal. It may take months for nerves to fully heal or they may never.

So my project will be to find him a home that will be willing to take him know that he may never get back to 100%.
    If you know of anyone please have them contact me.

Thanks,

Joe - JWR
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

photos from this morning , he seems to be improving each day

I got a video of him scampering like a bat out of hades in the living room but for some reason photobucket will not let me upload it

"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1110 Post(s)

Damn he's a cutie. Always had a soft spot for Rusties. Too bad I already have 3. Good luck dude. You're doing Gods work.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default I would like to adopt this kitten!!!

Hi!

I would LOVE to adopt this kitten. I just lost my orange cat of 19 years and have been looking for another orange kitten. I fell in love with this ones picture and am up for the challenge of dealing with his little limp If he is still for adoption, I would love to adopt him and can come pick him up today or tomorrow or whenever is convenient!

I live in Newport Coast and promise he will have an amazing life. My name is Ladan Davia, email is ladandavia@gmail.com and phone number is 949 933 3442.

Please let me know and I am really looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    Ladan

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    Hi all,

For the last year I have been attempting to rescue the kittens from a feral colony that live on the property that I work in the Orange County area here in Calif. I work at a car dealership so life expectancy for little ones is not very promising. So far over the last year I have caught , sheltered then gotten adopted homes for 5 kittens.

Now there is this little guy
    6 weeks 1 Lb .08 Oz

On Monday May 21 he got clipped by a car in our parking lot. It was very touch and go as to if he would survive the day or end up paralysed. The Vet gave him less than a 20% chance of recovery. Well he proved them wrong. He is now walking , purring and eating up a storm. 1st day home(Thursday) he knew how to use the litter box.
    All is not roses though.
    While he is not paralysed he does show some signs on have nerve damage especially in his right front foreleg. He can move it ok but lacks fine motor skills to control his paw. He was tending to walk using the back of his paw instead of the pad. My vet is trying to see if using a splint for a week will help him keep it in the correct position and allow the nerves to heal. It may take months for nerves to fully heal or they may never.

So my project will be to find him a home that will be willing to take him know that he may never get back to 100%.
    If you know of anyone please have them contact me.

Thanks,

Joe - JWR

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

Thanks to the Members here putting out the word it looks like the little one is well on the way to having a loving home.
    He will get his splint off Saturday.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

Update: He got his splint off yesterday , hate to report there was no improvement in the nerve damage to his leg. But he really does not seem to care about it for as soon as I put him down he took off across the room

This morning our new member ladandavia picked him up from our house to start his new adventure and life as part of her loving family.

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Bonus update: Kitty is now in its new happy home, and clearly enjoying it. (adorable kitty pics to follow.) Also wanted to add the JWR team has been described as "absolute angels" and "amazing" through the chain of folks who made this happen. Thanks again to you guys, and to ladandavia for providing the loving home!