Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Halloween Dolphin!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

Can they just bring the purple back instead?

I miss the purple. :(

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3478 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Can they just bring the purple back instead?

I miss the purple. :(
    Blake will have to hire a friend that loves purple.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1479 Post(s)

What are the odds that the best people for those jobs are former Kings players who played with upper management? Oiltastic.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1479 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    No. Vegas got to build a team of 2nd and 3rd line players who bought in and all played meaningful minutes. They played fast and in your face for 60 minutes with fresh legs.

Then when they ran into an opponent with more talent that could do the same, and they wilted in the spotlight and lost 4 straight in 5 games.

Vegas success will now be their downfall. For their 2nd ever draft, they’re going to not pick until the end of the 2nd round, and have like 3 or 4 picks total. They’re now going to have a gap in their dev pool in a few years, and they’ll fall from contention.

Watch trader George go and do something stupid like dealing all his 2019 picks for a soon to be washed up Karlsson and then throw stupid money at him, and I’m going to laugh for years.
    No.
    GMGM traded for most of his good players. Some LOLGMs were so worried about losing a prospect they gave away good players. (Florida)

But you're right, GMGM is going to kill what he assembled. 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Tatar. Marchessault long term deal. Waiting to see what Fleury gets. Re-signing Englland and other marginals. Signing WKarlsson on his 25% shooting percentage.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4670 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    No.
    GMGM traded for most of his good players. Some LOLGMs were so worried about losing a prospect they gave away good players. (Florida)

But you're right, GMGM is going to kill what he assembled. 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Tatar. Marchessault long term deal. Waiting to see what Fleury gets. Re-signing Englland and other marginals. Signing WKarlsson on his 25% shooting percentage.
    I bet they miss the playoffs for the next few years

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1919 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    I dunno, the Pacific is very soft.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1725 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Agreed. He needs to start bringing up the kids and having a year like an expansion team does, unless he decides to....

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    No.

The super scary part from their perspective is, what if he goes and deals all the stuff he stockpiled for EKarlsson and watch them not pick in the first round until 2021, then mortgage their future for the "Greatest Defenseman in the NHL" according to the ****wits in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    I dunno, the Pacific is very soft.
    Playing Vegas is going to be very different next year for all the NHL teams, especially the Pacific Division ones. Teams will stay away from the strip when they are in Vegas. Watch their home record plummet in comparison because there won't be the "Vegas Flu" going around.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Halloween Dolphin!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Blake will have to hire a friend that loves purple.
    I would send a resume, but I think that putting "Booing Blake" under skills and experience would be a dealbreaker.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    No. Vegas got to build a team of 2nd and 3rd line players who bought in and all played meaningful minutes. They played fast and in your face for 60 minutes with fresh legs.

Then when they ran into an opponent with more talent that could do the same, and they wilted in the spotlight and lost 4 straight in 5 games.

Vegas success will now be their downfall. For their 2nd ever draft, they’re going to not pick until the end of the 2nd round, and have like 3 or 4 picks total. They’re now going to have a gap in their dev pool in a few years, and they’ll fall from contention.

Watch trader George go and do something stupid like dealing all his 2019 picks for a soon to be washed up Karlsson and then throw stupid money at him, and I’m going to laugh for years.
    Just wanted to point out that if the NHL was anywhere near close to being an optimally managed league, you probably wouldn't get an expansion team making the finals. Could be all fluke though. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs next year. Probably not. If they do, it's probably even more evidence there are a whole lot people in exec roles that shouldn't be there. Ironically, this SCF might turn out to be a roadblock to long-term success, because where do you go from here? You have this likely fluke and emotionally spent players with big contacts coming up and you haven't even started yet building the organization.

Two-way grinding forward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

So is there anyone in the Kings' front office that didn't previously play for them about 20 years ago?