They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    490 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Why? It's not like Bill Cosby got a pass for being a creep in the 70s.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    The main difference is the cab driver wasn't beaten to within inches of his life. There was a dispute over $13 and he got punched after trying to lock two drunks in the car. It's terrible, but it's really not the same as going into a psychotic rage and kicking your partner and ramming her head into a tv.

That is the main reason why they aren't comparable. The fact Slava did this to a woman is a secondary reason why I think it's worse, personally. But definitely not the only reason.
    Sorry, but you are exaggerating. By all accounts that I've read concerning Marta Varlamova's injuries, she was NOT beaten within inches of her life. She was choked, punched, kicked, and rammed into a TV screen, yes, and these are all very, very serious. But I don't remember any accounts of broken bones or internal injuries or brain damage. Also, no assault with a dangerous weapon.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    Sorry, but you are exaggerating. By all accounts that I've read concerning Marta Varlamova's injuries, she was NOT beaten within inches of her life. She was choked, punched, kicked, and rammed into a TV screen, yes, and these are all very, very serious. But I don't remember any accounts of broken bones or internal injuries or brain damage. Also, no assault with a dangerous weapon.
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!

It seems like the line being drawn here is somewhere beyond "choked, punched, kicked, and rammed into a TV screen." Like, well, we can accept THAT because the dude shoots right. As long as she didn't break any bones or he didn't have a knife, because that would be a little too much.

The f***?

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    632 Post(s)

I just wish the fate of that guys future would get settled once and for all, so that Kings fans could just forget the guy and move on.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    406 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    The main difference is the cab driver wasn't beaten to within inches of his life. There was a dispute over $13 and he got punched after trying to lock two drunks in the car. It's terrible, but it's really not the same as going into a psychotic rage and kicking your partner and ramming her head into a tv.

That is the main reason why they aren't comparable. The fact Slava did this to a woman is a secondary reason why I think it's worse, personally. But definitely not the only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!

It seems like the line being drawn here is somewhere beyond "choked, punched, kicked, and rammed into a TV screen." Like, well, we can accept THAT because the dude shoots right. As long as she didn't break any bones or he didn't have a knife, because that would be a little too much.

The f***?
    You seem to miss my point, which was directed to @Goon Squad and took issue with his post and the exaggerated implication that Marta was beaten to within an inch of her life. By all accounts, that was not the case. Let's try and keep an even keel in this discussion even though Slava was unable to do so on that evening.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2038 Post(s)

People comparing Slava to Kane? Hit the alarm clock!