Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Erik Karlsson's wife files order of protection against Mike Hoffman's girlfriend

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1712 Post(s)

I REALLY want him to get traded to the Knights now, and get a max deal forever. That would be EPIC!
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Two-way grinding forward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Way I figure it this has been going on for some time yet Karlsson and Hoffman played fairly well down the stretch, so kudos to them for not getting all mental over something in their personal lives. This thing could have some small effect on how the Sens deal with Karlsson. They missed the playoffs by a lot, second worst record in the league and all the talk lately is about if/when they'll deal Karlsson. I think what's most likely is that they trade him for a rebuild package of prospects, picks, whatever. Less likely but possible is to re-sign Karlsson with the condition that they move Hoffman. I don't really see Ottawa keeping both of them around anyway and after this story broke I'm even more convinced. The most likely taker is Vegas with that yawning chasm of cap space. They could take on Karlsson, re-sign James Neal and Luca Sbisa and still have enough room to bring in Tavares.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3292 Post(s)

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3009 Post(s)

James Duthie on TSN1050: “Sad thing is from everything I am hearing we may not have heard the end of craziness out of Ottawa. There might be more coming down the chute. I don’t know what the more is yet, I’ve just heard there is more.”

On an (unrelated?) note, Travis Yost spotted a strange Twitter account, so there's also a possibility of a Brian Colangelo situation in Ottawa. Fun times.

https://yosttravis.tumblr.com/post/1...witter-account

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1030 Post(s)

Ottawa makes every other NHL franchise feel good about themselves.

The latest I have seen is that Colorado might get the #4 overall from Ottawa. The logic being that the Sens will be just as awful next year after they trade away 65 and 68 and next year's draft has even more elite talent.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3009 Post(s)

From THN on Ottawa: "Step two: move Mike Hoffman. His value has declined because of all the wild accusations against his fiancée, yes, but he only has two seasons left on his deal, so committing to him isn’t the scariest proposition. A southern, less media-smothered market would work. He’s exactly the kind of player the Los Angeles Kings need: a left winger with speed."

Oh, Lord.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    From THN on Ottawa: "Step two: move Mike Hoffman. His value has declined because of all the wild accusations against his fiancée, yes, but he only has two seasons left on his deal, so committing to him isn’t the scariest proposition. A southern, less media-smothered market would work. He’s exactly the kind of player the Los Angeles Kings need: a left winger with speed."

Oh, Lord.
    I was pro-mikey at the trade deadline, why change my tune now? If a shrewd gm can exploit a team in distress to their team's benefit; no issues here.

A productive winger that dates a crazy person? Meh, all in a day.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3009 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    I was pro-mikey at the trade deadline, why change my tune now? If a shrewd gm can exploit a team in distress to their team's benefit; no issues here.

A productive winger that dates a crazy person? Meh, all in a day.
    Well, she did just pour gasoline on a dumpster fire. But yeah, if his value is lower now (and it is) and Ottawa pretty much have to trade him, it would make sense.

Maybe they can sign Voynov, too, and he can have a little chat with her. What?

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    498 Post(s)

HA HA HA. You win today.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Well, she did just pour gasoline on a dumpster fire. But yeah, if his value is lower now (and it is) and Ottawa pretty much have to trade him, it would make sense.

dooode. not okay. now if you said that ottawa signed ronda rousey and she had a talk with mike's girl, that's funny. because you're empowering women (taking a job slotted for a man) and making a person who thinks making fun of dead babies is okay drink their own blood (justice).