Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Default Loss of Longtime Kings Fan Jonathan Ward /CardiacKid56

On June 15th Jon passed away suddenly.

Jonathan Thomas Ward
    Obituary – June 7, 1990 – June 15, 2018

Jonathan Thomas Ward was a resident in Ventura CA for 18 years. He passed away suddenly on Friday, June 15th after complications due to a congenital heart defect. Jonathan was born in West Hills CA and grew up loving and playing sports, especially baseball and hockey. Anyone that knew Jonathan, felt his warm and loving personality, always caring for others over himself. He was loved by many and touched all that knew him with his big heart.

A student at Ventura Technology Development Center, working toward his Networking Certification, Jonathan enjoyed working on and troubleshooting computers and software. He was a student at Poinsettia Elementary, Cabrillo Middle School and Foothill Technology High School.

More than anything, Jonathan enjoyed spending time with family and friends, sharing stories and laughing together. He also was a loyal LA Kings and LA Dodgers fan, catching a game whenever he could. Since he was young, he was always an animal lover and had a very special place in his heart for any animal that came along, as they seemed to sense his caring and ability to relate to them. Jonathan also enjoyed spending time at the beach, watching airplanes at the airport and any train going by caught his attention.

Jonathan is survived by his father, Bill Ward of Ventura CA; mother and stepfather, Monica and Blake Merryman; brother, Sean Ward of Modesto CA; sister Ally Ward of San Jose; grandparents, Eliseo and Esther Murrietta; and his beloved companion Ben.

The family was blessed to have his team of doctors that cared for Jonathan over the years through many surgeries and complications: Dr. David Ferry and Dr. Alfred Trento at Cedars-Sinai; Dr. Jamil Aboulhosn and Dr. Jeannette Lin at UCLA Health.

All of Jonathan’s dogs were rescued and he loved them dearly. Any memorial donations would be appreciated to the Canine Assistance and Rescue League of Ventura (CARL).

Memorial services are scheduled for Friday, June 30th at Ted Mayr Funeral Home – 3150 Loma Vista Road, Ventura. Viewing at 1:00 p.m., memorial service to follow at 2:30 p.m. There will be a reception for family and friends at the Ventura Elks Lodge – 2126 Knoll Drive, Ventura immediately following the memorial service. All are welcome.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3296 Post(s)

Sincere condolences to the family. I loved his posts here, especially the gifs he created for our enjoyment.

The Dolphin Cares!
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1928 Post(s)

I am sorry to hear that. :(

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1108 Post(s)

Oh no. Thats awful.

RIP bro. :(

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1224 Post(s)

Very sad, I never met him. May he R.I.P..

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3390 Post(s)

Damn.. sorry to hear this Phossy.

I've met him a few times when he went to Kings games with you. He was pretty darn cool. Never got the opportunity to know him more other than here. Rest in Peace CardiacKid.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    699 Post(s)

Very sad. RIP Jonathan.

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

Sad but real life certainly has a way of blowing through our day to day fun. Sincere condolences here for his family. Rest In Peace fellow brother Kings fan.

Triple Crown Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    585 Post(s)

Sorry to hear the news. Rest In Peace.