So did Toffoli and Pearson

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)

Two years in a row someone I wrote off slips to us in the first round... I guessed around 14-15 in where he'd be picked...

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Never realized the popularity of the name "Rasmus" until today.

The One & Only
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

Dont hate, dont love. Just dont know enough about this guy. I feel like there other names available that were 'sexier' but not necessarily better.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)

The consensus seems to be that he does everything well, except for see the ice like a center. Well, that's not really an issue since the organization is 6 deep at that position right now, and that's not counting the pluggers. Give him a couple of development camps and we'll see how many bad reads he's still making.

Now I have to rant about something. Boy, there's nothing quite like sitting around watching the draft for 2 hours just to have Bob McKenzie take a wall to wall **** dump on your team's first round pick. I love unbiased, honest, coverage. But Bob really lost his perspective there. This is a kid playing in a men's league, who does enough things well to have been a consensus top 20 pick, and to have had a team with one of the best scouting departments in the league draft him. Pretty sure there were at least 30 seconds worth of positives to mention before painting the kid as a bad pick. He seems to get really bent out of shape once in a while when a team doesn't see things his way. Douche. No problem that he disagrees with the pick, no problem that he doesn't see the kid having the vision to be a great playmaker, just no need to smear him like that.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)

Looks like sort of a right-side, mirror-image Kempe.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4742 Post(s)

20th-ish picks are wild cards in the majority of drafts. Top level talent, but obvious concerns. It's too early to take the certain player in your bottom six or pairing, but too late to get talent who is most likely to stick. It's a gambling, trust your developmental team kind of pick, so hopefully his stock is hardy.

If the Kings keep picking in these spots, they will need some good fortune as much as good development.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    The consensus seems to be that he does everything well, except for see the ice like a center. Well, that's not really an issue since the organization is 6 deep at that position right now, and that's not counting the pluggers. Give him a couple of development camps and we'll see how many bad reads he's still making.

Now I have to rant about something. Boy, there's nothing quite like sitting around watching the draft for 2 hours just to have Bob McKenzie take a wall to wall **** dump on your team's first round pick. I love unbiased, honest, coverage. But Bob really lost his perspective there. This is a kid playing in a men's league, who does enough things well to have been a consensus top 20 pick, and to have had a team with one of the best scouting departments in the league draft him. Pretty sure there were at least 30 seconds worth of positives to mention before painting the kid as a bad pick. He seems to get really bent out of shape once in a while when a team doesn't see things his way. Douche. No problem that he disagrees with the pick, no problem that he doesn't see the kid having the vision to be a great playmaker, just no need to smear him like that.
    Well, if Bob McKenzie doesn't like the pick then I feel better about it.

But I had read That we had him as the 2nd center behind Kotkeniemi and just ahead of Lundestrom. I don't think they expected 1 and 2 to be there.So I am sure they got their guy. They scouted him a TON.

I think Joe Veleno musta beat up a cabbie or a hooker this weekend. That was quite a fall.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    697 Post(s)

Default Round 1, Pick #20: RASMUS KUPARI

Long story short, I really like this pick. I'll write more feedback when I get home.