Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Does Magic dare do this?

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-fre...es/2018/07/03/

Howard actually had a good season in Charlotte. I've read that he's hated in the locker room as much as ever. But we seem to be trying to corner the market on head cases.

He averaged 16.5 points, 12.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks playing 30 minutes a night.

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Does Magic dare do this?

Howard actually had a good season in Charlotte. I've read that he's hated in the locker room as much as ever. But we seem to be trying to corner the market on head cases.

He averaged 16.5 points, 12.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks playing 30 minutes a night.
    Nope. Nope...and nope.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    958 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Does Magic dare do this?

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Denver just traded Wilson Chandler to Philly for a couple of second rounders and cash. Chandler makes $12.8 million and getting rid of his salary saves Denver $50 million. The salary plus $37 million in luxury tax.

Lakers might want to consider swapping Deng for another less bad contract and a pick. Such as Deng and a 1st rounder for Plumlee, who makes $6 million less per year and has two years left like Deng.

Dwight Howard is supposedly signing with the Wizards.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Depth Chart as things stand now.

PG: Lonzo, Rondo
    SG: KCP, Hart, Mykhailiuk
    SF: Ingram, Stephenson, Deng
    PF: LeBron, Kuzma, Wagner
    C: McGee, Zubac

Two-Way: Caruso, Newman

Obvious weakness is at center. McGee has asthma and has not played a ton of minutes. We will probably play a lot of small ball, but bringing back Lopez would be a nice addition if he will sign for the remaining cap space. Then sign a vet guard that can shoot for the minimum to complete the roster.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Vegas Summer League is back.

Lakers blew out Philly 96-79. Josh Hart was a man among boys out there with 24 points. The big surprise was 2nd round pick Svi Mykhailiuk with 17 points, including 4-8 from the 3. He looks like an NBA player. Beautiful stoke. Mo Wagner had 16. Also a nice looking shot.

In a surprise (to me at least) the Lakers signed Isaac Bonga to a 3-year deal. I thought he was going to be a draft and stash player, but they must really like him. He looked awful last night, but I think he just arrived and they threw him in there without much in the way of practice.

After Mykhailiuk gets signed the Lakers will have about $5 million in cap space, which must be spent in order to sign Stephenson to the room exception. No word if they are thinking of bringing back Brook Lopez. They might be keeping their options open for now as with that $5 million in cap space, if they trade Ingram and picks for Leonard and stretch Deng, they can fit Leonard into their cap space. Doesn't look like that trade will happen though and I hope it doesn't. There are a number of max players available in free agency in a year and it's not Leonard or bust. I'd keep our young players for now, particularly given the uncertainty around Leonard's injury and the real possibility that he is a head case.

Edit: Lopez just signed with the Bucks for $3.5 million. Seems pretty obvious that Magic and Pelinka didn't want him back for some reason.
    Last edited by HeadInjury; July 8th, 2018 at 01:20 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3513 Post(s)

I wonder if I would have been stoked about the Summer League if it existed back when I was a kid or teenager. Unfortunately I can't give a damn about it now. If I see the score I'll be like, "Okay". Sweet.

But thanks for the report though!
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Only started paying much attention to summer league last season. Wasn't planning to watch it last night but stumbled across it and they looked pretty good to my surprise.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Lakers now have everyone formally signed. 14 guaranteed contracts. Were able to sign Stephenson, McGee, Mykhailiuk and Bonga using their cap space, so they still have a $4.3 million room exception available. This means that a Ingram for Leonard deal with Deng being stretched no longer works as the Lakers wouldn't have enough cap space for Leonard's contract. So Deng would have to be traded out in all likelihood for a trade to work. Probably not in the cards.