Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

After blowing a 19-point lead, Lakers turned it around and destroyed the Warriors yesterday in an epic blowout on national TV (highest rated X-Mas game ever). All without LeBron who left with a groin strain in the 3rd quarter. He is listed as day-to-day but won't travel to Sacramento for Thursday's game.

Lakers are 4th in the West, 2.5 games out of first but only 2 games ahead of 9th place.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

Lakers really struggling with LeBron, Kuzma and Rondo out injured. Lost their third straight and are down to 8th place in the West, only 1 game ahead of Utah for the final playoff spot. Things will obviously improve when LeBron and Kuzma return, presumably before too long.

Lonzo had 0 points today. He is shooting 33% from the 3 and an insanely bad 43% from the line. I think it's fair at this point to at least raise the possibility that he is a bust, at least in terms of having been a second overall pick. There is no progression in his game this year. Ingram's game is also a mess. There have been some who suggested that the Lakers should trade Ball and Ingram (plus picks and fillers) to New Orleans in a Anthony Davis trade. At this point, I can't see why New Orleans would have any interest in such a trade.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

Lakers have lost 7 out of 10 and have fallen out of a playoff spot. Update on LeBron expected tomorrow. This is not a competitive team without LeBron and cannot contend for a championship with the free throw and 3-point shooting skills of its roster. Changes will have to be made beyond getting another max free agent in the offseason.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

Lakers showed some spunk in games against OKC (OT win) and Houston (OT lost). Lonzo suffered a high ankle sprain in the Houston game and is out for about 6 weeks. Without LeBron, Rondo and Lonzo, the Lakers predictably were blown out by Golden State. Apparently, Rondo will be back for Thursday's game and LeBron is probably within a week of returning. So hopefully the team will get back into a playoff spot while Lonzo heals.

Houston traded Carmelo to the Bulls, who he will not play for. Apparently, the Bulls are hoping to trade him and get something in return. Lakers are supposedly interested but not wanting to depart with anyone on the 15-man roster at the moment. I can't think of anyone on the 15-man roster I'd want to give up for Carmelo. He doesn't play defense and can't shoot anymore. I think guys like Stephenson and Beasley are more valuable than him and trading a player like Wagner or Svi to open a roster spot doesn't seem to make sense. So I'm hoping Carmelo goes title chasing and ends up with Golden State and enjoys his view from the bench.

Zubac is playing so well that some fans are worrying that the Lakers won't be able to re-sign him. His qualifying offer is $1.9 million. The concern is that he'll get an offer as a restricted free agent way above that and the Lakers won't be able to match as they need the money to sign a max free agent. If Zubac will play ball and agree to a modest deal for one more year, then the Lakers could go over the salary cap a year from now to re-sign him to something substantial.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

Rich Paul, the agent for Anthony Davis, has notified New Orleans that his client will not re-sign and is requesting a trade. He is under contract for another year so New Orleans doesn't have to trade him, but don't be surprised if he is moved by the February 7 deadline.

New Orleans doesn't need a point guard, so if the Lakers are involved, it would probably be a package built around Kuzma, Ingram and picks.

For salary cap purposes, a trade involving KCP, Kuzma, Ingram and one of Zubac, Hart or Wagner will work. KCP can block any trade so Lakers probably would need to get a third team involved. For example, trade him to Houston and the Rockets could send Brandon Knight's expiring contract to New Orleans.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

According to Woj, Anthony Davis has now effectively asked to be traded to LA, letting it be known that he will treat a trade to any other team as just being a one-year situation and he'll then sign with LA in 2020.

Hard to wait until then with no guarantee he would actually come. He obviously wants to be traded now and if the Lakers don't back up the truck and offer New Orleans a deal it can't refuse , Davis might pull a Paul George and say he lost interest after the Lakers did not trade for him.

There are actually people out there saying the Lakers should offer everyone: Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart and Zubac. That wouldn't work cap-wise and they'd have to throw in either Stephenson or Beasley. That's crazy.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

Porzingis traded by the Knicks to Dallas. New York shipping out some other contracts so they can now have two max slots in the summer.

Dennis Smith Jr. is the main piece going the other way. Interestingly, DeAndre Jordan is one of the players going to the Knicks. Is this Mark Cuban's revenge on him for backing out of signing a few years back?

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

LeBron returns and Lakers beat the Clippers in overtime. Stephenson with a great game and a great flying elbow to the jaw of Marjanovic that he got away with (and they called a foul on Marjanovic to add insult to injury). LeBron looked rusty. They had a 14-point lead in the 3rd and blew it in typical Lakers fashion. A fortunate win, but important as they are now 1 game out of a playoff spot instead of 3.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1055 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    LeBron returns and Lakers beat the Clippers in overtime. Stephenson with a great game and a great flying elbow to the jaw of Marjanovic that he got away with (and they called a foul on Marjanovic to add insult to injury). LeBron looked rusty. They had a 14-point lead in the 3rd and blew it in typical Lakers fashion. A fortunate win, but important as they are now 1 game out of a playoff spot instead of 3.
    Let's get to 2/8 already so we can put this "AD for everyone" crap behind us and show we're a #2 worthy seed in the West once all are healthy.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    441 Post(s)

Latest rumor, from a credible reporter (Brad Turner - LA Times) says the Lakers have offered Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, and 2 1st round picks. Also offering to take back Solomon Hill who is owed $13 million next year. Elfrid Payton supposedly coming back too.

So the remaining youngsters would Hart, Zubac, Wagner and Svi. We'd have 3-4 open roster spots which we'd fill up with waived/bought out players? Carmelo come on down.

Doesn't make any sense to me. We trade our 3 primary ball handlers other than LeBron? Is the plan for New Orleans to waive the expiring players and maybe they re-sign here?

Edit: Actually Brad Turner isn't with the Times. That's Broderick Turner. Brad Turner is a Lakers reporter who has some connections with the Pelicans. But ESPN is confirming that Ball, Kuzma and Ingram have all been offered.
    Last edited by HeadInjury; February 4th, 2019 at 03:40 PM.