Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Lakers are now 4-0 in Vegas Summer League, and have won 10 in a row going back to last year.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3478 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Lakers are now 4-0 in Vegas Summer League, and have won 10 in a row going back to last year.
    Weren't the Lakers Summer League Champs last year?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Yes. We're 5-0 now and playing Cleveland tonight. Winner plays in the finals.

Repeat?

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Lakers' summer league squad won again and is now 6-0. Play tonight against Portland for the summer league title. Lakers are without Wagner and now Caruso. Last night was a wild game against Cleveland that went to double OT. Hart had 37 and Mykhailiuk (pronounced "Ma-Kai-Lou") had 31, including 6 of 11 on 3-pointers. The announcers called it "the greatest summer league game of all time" and it very well may have been. I saw most of the 4th quarter and the overtimes and it was good, fun basketball. Sexton is a nice addition to the Cavs.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Hart gets Summer League MVP honors, but Lakers lost in the finals.

San Antonio traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to the Raptors for DeMar DeRozan, another player and a 1st round pick. All the talking heads seem to agree that Leonard won't stay there beyond this season. So the Raptors get out of DeRozan's contract and could trade Leonard at some point or hope they can convince him to stay like OKC did with PG13.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

The Lakers signed Michael Beasley to a one-year deal and have now signed Travis Wear to a two-way contract. So they have 15 guaranteed contracts and two players signed to two-way deals, meaning the roster is complete.

Doesn't look like they are going to try to do anything with Deng. Will probably wait to the start of next summer's free agency to try to move him. They can offer about $5 million in cash then as part of a deal to help offset his $18.8 million salary in his final season. Trading a couple of late first round picks and cash should help them find a taker.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Lakers reached terms with Deng on a buyout. Deng agreed to forfeit $7.5 million of his remaining salary, which is pro-rated over the last two years of his deal. Lakers will pay his salary this season and then stretch the final year of his contract over three seasons.

Per NBA CBA wizard Larry Coon, it works out like this:

2018-19: Deng's cap number drops from $18,000,000 to $14,332,518. (Creates a roster spot, but Lakers can only offer the vet minimum as they are still out of cap space.)

2019-20: Deng's cap number drops from $18,810,000 to $4,992,994. Lakers cap room increases from about $23.9 million to about $36.8 million.

2020-21: Deng's cap number is $4,992,994.

2021-22: Deng's cap number is $4,992,994.

Lakers can now offer someone a max contract next season and still have all their future 1st round picks. Deng gave up a lot, but if he plays the next two seasons at the vet minimum, he gets about half of it back. The Lakers' strategy of letting Deng know he would rot on the bench for the remainder of his contract seemed to have paid off.

I believe the only players left from the Jim and Mitch days are Ingram and Zubac.

I was critical of the Magic hire as it seemed like a classic Jeanie Buss move: Make the popular decision that would bring her the best PR. But give her, Magic and Pelinka credit. This team will be competitive this year and elite next year if they land Leonard, Durant or Butler next off season.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3478 Post(s)

Starting to get pumped up about the upcoming regular season.

Here's hoping we see Kuzma and Ingram up their game.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3478 Post(s)

Watched the opener last night... my quick thoughts.

Lebron - Okay, he was pretty exciting to watch. He didn't take command as much as I expected him to, but probably because it was the 1st game.

Ball - Sucked. Once he got subbed in, the Lakers immediately fell behind.

Kuzma - He looked good in the 1st quarter but all these weird substitutions just kind of made him cold.

Ingram - This dude was ice cold in the 1st half. That may have cost us the game because he kept chucking shots even though it wasn't going in.

Hart - Compared to KCP, Hart was easily way better. I was pleasantly surprised at how well he can shoot. Hopefully it's not a fluke.

My biggest gripe about the game in general was how bad they were at 3pt shooting. If you're all ice cold shooting 3s, then stop chucking those shots. It's simple basketball IQ is it not? But I guess in today's NBA, they don't care. All the points in the paint they were getting was good, I just wished they would keep attacking it instead of settling for the jumpers. Overall, not bad I guess. At least they were in it for like 40 minutes of the game instead of previous seasons when it's over by halftime.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    944 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Watched the opener last night... my quick thoughts.

Lebron - Okay, he was pretty exciting to watch. He didn't take command as much as I expected him to, but probably because it was the 1st game.

Ball - Sucked. Once he got subbed in, the Lakers immediately fell behind.

Kuzma - He looked good in the 1st quarter but all these weird substitutions just kind of made him cold.

Ingram - This dude was ice cold in the 1st half. That may have cost us the game because he kept chucking shots even though it wasn't going in.

Hart - Compared to KCP, Hart was easily way better. I was pleasantly surprised at how well he can shoot. Hopefully it's not a fluke.

My biggest gripe about the game in general was how bad they were at 3pt shooting. If you're all ice cold shooting 3s, then stop chucking those shots. It's simple basketball IQ is it not? But I guess in today's NBA, they don't care. All the points in the paint they were getting was good, I just wished they would keep attacking it instead of settling for the jumpers. Overall, not bad I guess. At least they were in it for like 40 minutes of the game instead of previous seasons when it's over by halftime.
    Their defense was spot on amazing all game.