Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3504 Post(s)

Unhappy NHL 19 Beta

So yeah... seriously, this game is just as bad as I remembered it. =[

Played a 5 on 5 EASHL game. Tripping penalties left and right by everyone. My team won 3-2 but we went 1-17 on the PP. The other team went 0-16 on the PP. (Granted, most of the PPs were always turned into 4 on 4, 4 on 3, and 3 on 3. It was just stupid.

It's always the same thing where if you work hard and do real hockey passes and shots but the goalie will make a miraculous save. But when you perform a cheese shot, it's a guaranteed goal. One of the goal counted on a blatant goalie interference and there one was waved off when the goalie wasn't touched. This game has not changed at all since I last played on NHL 16. Yikes. Guess it's another year of no NHL video game for me.

Hell, even the menu music is the same thing... But I guess one bright side is that the menu screen actually loads quite fast by EA Standards.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Sieben Biere Bitte!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Default NHL 19 Beta

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: as long as Rammer is in charge, nothing will ever change.

Halloween Dolphin!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2034 Post(s)

Yeah. But does it allow you to pick the Kings and trade for Tavares?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3504 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
    If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: as long as Rammer is in charge, nothing will ever change.
    Right? I just don't get it.

How can they sell this year after year while changing absolutely nothing? Last year they added... mascots and 3 on 3 arcade? This year I see the CHEL crap which is just loot boxes (which I'm sure they'll sell for $$$) on top of the HUT crap they've been doing.

As usual, no Franchise or Be a Pro changes as far as I know.

They have to be satisfied with all their Canadian customers buying their game no matter what they put out. I really don't see how they can keep releasing the same crap over and over. I don't even think my standards are high or anything like that either. I think we all know what a good hockey game should be and we're not getting it.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    627 Post(s)

Honestly the only reason I even got EA Access for Xbox was so I technically get the game for free-ish.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

Trade Everyone!
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)

I haven't tried 18, but I have noticed it's getting slightly more of a real hockey style in some modes. However, EASHL is terrible in every game they make. I would like HUT more if there was a salary cap on it. So much fun to have a team of 3rd liners and play against someone with 4 lines of superstars.