Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97
  1. #21
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 6742204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,383
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4762 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Ice View Post
    Kings should make a deal with the league in which the league refuses to reinstate Voynov but the Kings get a compensatory first-round pick at number 32.
    Why on Earth would the league ever do something like that? The Kings deserve no benefit from this. It's just bad fortune for them. They terminated the contract, it's done and over.

  2. #22
    All Star
    salami's Avatar
    Karma: 2358072
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,398
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    491 Post(s)

    Default

    Watched some olympic highlights today to see Kovy in action. Voynov really stood out. I really hope they bring him back. It would be great if they were able to leverage the Kovy signing into getting Prokhorkin to come over the pond.

  3. #23
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2127484647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,999
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1970 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Why on Earth would the league ever do something like that? The Kings deserve no benefit from this. It's just bad fortune for them. They terminated the contract, it's done and over.
    Come on man, you gotta be the victim. Play the role of the victim.

    The Kings are the victims in all of this. When a player goes ape*****, and commits crimes, the NHL should be there in a hurry to compensate said team.

    It's the right thing to do! The league should be passing out first round picks to all teams that have players who's actions get them punted from the league.


    Ladies and Gentlemen, Commissioner Gary Bettman:

    "Thank you everyone. Please be seated. Thank you for all coming out today.
    The NHL is pleased to announce its new policy for players caught up in criminal behavior.
    We call it "Commit a Crime - Get a Draft Pick".
    It's simple, and we think fans are really going to love it!
    No longer will a team get caught up in bad fortune and have to deal with the aftermath of a player who commits a crime.
    When a player commits a crime, and is removed from the league, the club that the player was on will get a GOLDEN TICKET!
    This GOLDEN TICKET entitles said club to a first round pick in the upcoming year's draft.
    It really is that simple.....and it's the right thing to do!

  4. #24
    Taxi Squad
    What party?'s Avatar
    Karma: 3026000
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    439 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Come on man, you gotta be the victim. Play the role of the victim.

    The Kings are the victims in all of this. When a player goes ape*****, and commits crimes, the NHL should be there in a hurry to compensate said team.

    It's the right thing to do! The league should be passing out first round picks to all teams that have players who's actions get them punted from the league.


    Ladies and Gentlemen, Commissioner Gary Bettman:

    "Thank you everyone. Please be seated. Thank you for all coming out today.
    The NHL is pleased to announce its new policy for players caught up in criminal behavior.
    We call it "Commit a Crime - Get a Draft Pick".
    It's simple, and we think fans are really going to love it!
    No longer will a team get caught up in bad fortune and have to deal with the aftermath of a player who commits a crime.
    When a player commits a crime, and is removed from the league, the club that the player was on will get a GOLDEN TICKET!
    This GOLDEN TICKET entitles said club to a first round pick in the upcoming year's draft.
    It really is that simple.....and it's the right thing to do!
    Key-rist Moog, i am on my ass laughing at you. Nice.

    Compromise (for Troy):


    On the plus, if we put together an all scumbag team we absolutely have someone at the D1 position. Now, how our Kings' all scumbag team would fair against the Flyers or Bruins all scumbag teams; who is to say? Because, duh, the 70's. But, if anyone is brave enough to have some self-destructive fun and throw out a top line, two d-men and a goalie, i'm down for that kind of fun (but i tend to run a little dark). *Vincent Price laugh*

  5. #25
    Nyssa's Minion
    jammer06's Avatar
    Karma: 1147490647
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,416
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3376 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Key-rist Moog, i am on my ass laughing at you. Nice.

    Compromise (for Troy):


    On the plus, if we put together an all scumbag team we absolutely have someone at the D1 position. Now, how our Kings' all scumbag team would fair against the Flyers or Bruins all scumbag teams; who is to say? Because, duh, the 70's. But, if anyone is brave enough to have some self-destructive fun and throw out a top line, two d-men and a goalie, i'm down for that kind of fun (but i tend to run a little dark). *Vincent Price laugh*
    If Mike Milbury isn't a lock for a Dman, PLayer coach and GM on that team you all have failed

  6. #26
    Halloween Dolphin!
    orpheus's Avatar
    Karma: 12291000
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    22,857
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2036 Post(s)

    Default

    Maybe, the NHL can give the Kings an official NHL beach chair for compensation.

  7. #27
    Taxi Squad
    What party?'s Avatar
    Karma: 3026000
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    439 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    If Mike Milbury isn't a lock for a Dman, PLayer coach and GM on that team you all have failed
    Dude, the Bruins' will be tough to beat, for sure. Cheever's with mob ties, Sanderson with his drug issues and Mikey with choking a pee-wee player, feck all. The Kings' all scumbag team should just concede, lol.

  8. #28
    Now on the 1st tee...
    ChilledAgua's Avatar
    Karma: 5025441
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    7,276
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    472 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    On the plus, if we put together an all scumbag team we absolutely have someone at the D1 position. Now, how our Kings' all scumbag team would fair against the Flyers or Bruins all scumbag teams; who is to say? Because, duh, the 70's. But, if anyone is brave enough to have some self-destructive fun and throw out a top line, two d-men and a goalie, i'm down for that kind of fun (but i tend to run a little dark). *Vincent Price laugh*
    The Kings could be the Syracuse Blades of the current NHL.

    From Rogie to Ogie!

  9. #29
    3rd Line Role Player
    Troy_Ice's Avatar
    Karma: 1204000
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Why on Earth would the league ever do something like that? The Kings deserve no benefit from this. It's just bad fortune for them. They terminated the contract, it's done and over.
    It's quite simple. They would be losing rights to a player with value and by not protesting saving the league an administrative/ PR hassle. Whether he is under contract is immaterial. They own his rights, just as they own other players rights whoa rent yet under contract.

  10. #30
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 6742204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,383
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4762 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Ice View Post
    It's quite simple. They would be losing rights to a player with value and by not protesting saving the league an administrative/ PR hassle. Whether he is under contract is immaterial. They own his rights, just as they own other players rights whoa rent yet under contract.
    No, you don't quite get it. The league didn't remove the player, the Kings did. THEY ended his contract. The Kings can't hope to receive compensation for a contract they wilfully negated.

    The league placed him under a temporary suspension pending an investigation that they just -literally just - started. Voynov removed himself from that potential discipline by self deporting. He has yet to be punished, or heard.

    The contract is completely material. Voynov is not under contract. There are no monies lost, no cap space to discuss, nothing to compensate. A players rights are the immaterial factor. It's simply a definition under the CBA, it's not up for compensation. They didn't lose an unsigned pick, they received value and decided to terminate the contract. It's s dead issue.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •