Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97
  1. #81
    All Star
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2107493647
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,004
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1971 Post(s)

    Default

    ^^ He self-deported.

    ....and I am sure that all work visa applications go right to the CIC's desk in the West Wing.

    Please.....

  2. #82
    3rd Line Role Player
    Craig22929's Avatar
    Karma: 1203500
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    He hasn't served any time. He was put on administrative leave by the Kings during his trial. He got bad advise from his attorney.

    He then got deported, and with this president in office, do you actually think the US Govt will allow Voynov to get a work visa?

    He hasn't "served his time", the kings suspended him pending the outcome of the trial (like as a cop being put on administrative leave while they do an investigation). He was getting paid the entire time. So he hasn't actually been monetarily penalized for anything yet.

    Golfnut

    Well he is Russian....sooo....easily approved by our dear leader.

  3. #83
    Jerseys need purple
    aragorn's Avatar
    Karma: 1502700
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    978
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig22929 View Post
    Well he is Russian....sooo....easily approved by our dear leader.
    Hillary didn't make it to the big chair, so maybe not.

  4. #84
    They're a finesse team.
    DRGinLBC's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,281
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    He hasn't served any time. He was put on administrative leave by the Kings during his trial. He got bad advise from his attorney.

    He then got deported, and with this president in office, do you actually think the US Govt will allow Voynov to get a work visa?

    He hasn't "served his time", the kings suspended him pending the outcome of the trial (like as a cop being put on administrative leave while they do an investigation). He was getting paid the entire time. So he hasn't actually been monetarily penalized for anything yet.

    Golfnut
    Last I checked, he "served time."

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...729-story.html

  5. #85
    All Star
    CUP4LA's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    7,780
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnut View Post
    He hasn't served any time. He was put on administrative leave by the Kings during his trial. He got bad advise from his attorney.

    He then got deported, and with this president in office, do you actually think the US Govt will allow Voynov to get a work visa?

    He hasn't "served his time", the kings suspended him pending the outcome of the trial (like as a cop being put on administrative leave while they do an investigation). He was getting paid the entire time. So he hasn't actually been monetarily penalized for anything yet.

    Golfnut

    You report fake news.



    "Voynov has been suspended with pay by the NHL since being arrested in October."

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...729-story.html

  6. #86
    Just... just listen.
    darby's Avatar
    Karma: 3591644
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,018
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    968 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CUP4LA View Post
    You report fake news.



    "Voynov has been suspended with pay by the NHL since being arrested in October."

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...729-story.html
    But his absence from the league, once his case was concluded, wasn't due to NHL discipline. He wasn't in Russia because he was suspended. He was there because he chose to leave as part of his plea deal.

    Now that he's allowed to return, the pause button is finally unhit (it was hit once he was arrested) as far as his NHL process goes. That process now is in the investigation phase, with a ruling to come, whatever that may be.


    "Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

  7. #87
    All Star
    CUP4LA's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    7,780
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    But his absence from the league, once his case was concluded, wasn't due to NHL discipline. He wasn't in Russia because he was suspended. He was there because he chose to leave as part of his plea deal.

    Now that he's allowed to return, the pause button is finally unhit (it was hit once he was arrested) as far as his NHL process goes. That process now is in the investigation phase, with a ruling to come, whatever that may be.
    That as it may be, he served a substantial amount of time suspended by the NHL before the conclusion of his case.

  8. #88
    3rd Line Role Player
    patton's Avatar
    Karma: 1019000
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

    Default

    Wow, Golfnut! I havenít seen you in forever. Still in Colorado?

  9. #89
    Coloradian
    Golfnut's Avatar
    Karma: 1012000
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,697
    Images
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Being suspended with pay is not a suspension. He hasnít lost anything (Kings have) but he did not so he would not come back without a punishment. This was per a Kings staff member at practice last week

    We are now on n Vegas for the last 2 years as blessed with 2 grandkids in L A (and couldnít afford to move back to CA and didnít want to rent).

  10. #90
    All Star
    salami's Avatar
    Karma: 2358072
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    5,398
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    491 Post(s)

    Default

    Interesting to read the quote from Daly indicating that the league won't consider the optics of the situation. Guess who's coming to dinner!!

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...gs/1217907002/

    If Blake doesn't realize that he can get an #2 defenseman under contract for 1-2 years at a ridiculous value, he's an even bigger idiot than I have believed him to be.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •