Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

Default 2018/2019 Kings Prospect Tracker

Hey everyone! Just thought while we have some prospects we are hopeful will join the Kings in the NHL this season, there are many more whose growth (or regression) we can continue to monitor. The season has started for some European players already, so why not have a thread where we can monitor them?

Once I have more time, I can try to make a clean presentation, unless someone else wants to take it up. I just want to talk prospects!

Rasmus Kupari is playing on Karpat, and I'm still trying to get an understanding of this. Apparently Karpat is in two leagues. There's Liiga (which is the Finnish League), and that is still going through preseason until September 14th. However, Karpat is also playing in the Champions Hockey League. This league looks like a collection of European teams from different leagues, and they only play a couple times a month. Anyway, Kupari has 4 assists in 2 CHL games.

Here are some highlights; he's #19
    https://youtu.be/hf2lB0iIX9o">https://youtu.be/hf2lB0iIX9o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Another highlight on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...96002116808704

Bulat Shafigullin is playing in the first game of the season for the KHL for Neftekhimik. According to the roster he was on the opening line/first line. They lost 1-0.

Alexander Dergachev was benched the first game of the season for SKA St. Petersburg, but is playing on the 3rd line in game 2. Currently they are down 4-3.

Speaking of SKA St. Petersburg, there's another Kings prospect (possibly) if he even counts on there: Nikolai Prokhorkin. He is on the same team and scored a goal in the first game for the team, but he didn't play tonight.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

**** yeah KP.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)

KP, it seems like the Finns are following the European soccer model, where each team is involved in multiple competitions simultaneously.

There's usually the team's League, which is where they play most of their games. It's like the NHL or NFL.

If you finish in certain places in the table at the top (like, maybe 1-4), then you may qualify for a side tournament the following season. This would be a competition between the top teams from other leagues.

In that European League, that competition for that season is independent of what happens in your League.You could finish 9th in your League but win the European League.

The European competition, in soccer anyway, sometimes has early season qualifiers before all qualified teams get sorted into a group stage, with so many games to take place within the group. After the group stages, the top teams from each group play each other in elimination matches. Last one standing wins.

In English soccer, for example, any team will be involved in at least three competitions automatically - their league (in one of 9 divisions), and two elimination playoff type domestic cups. The top 4-6 teams in the top level are also involved in a European competition of some sort.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    KP, it seems like the Finns are following the European soccer model, where each team is involved in multiple competitions simultaneously.

There's usually the team's League, which is where they play most of their games. It's like the NHL or NFL.

If you finish in certain places in the table at the top (like, maybe 1-4), then you may qualify for a side tournament the following season. This would be a competition between the top teams from other leagues.

In that European League, that competition for that season is independent of what happens in your League.You could finish 9th in your League but win the European League.

The European competition, in soccer anyway, sometimes has early season qualifiers before all qualified teams get sorted into a group stage, with so many games to take place within the group. After the group stages, the top teams from each group play each other in elimination matches. Last one standing wins.

In English soccer, for example, any team will be involved in at least three competitions automatically - their league (in one of 9 divisions), and two elimination playoff type domestic cups. The top 4-6 teams in the top level are also involved in a European competition of some sort.
    Hey darby, thank you for the explanation. I don't follow soccer (the only sport I actually follow is hockey), so some of these concepts were foreign to me, no pun intended.

You seem to be right on about it. I asked for clarification on HF, and here's the explanation: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...post-149222337

The top teams from each of Europe's leagues participate in a tournament the following season (if you follow soccer its the same concept as the Champions League). Karpat won Liiga last year so they qualify, and they have a team from the French league, German League, and Czech League with them. So they're probably the favorites in their group and its not surprising that they've run up the score a little bit on the French and German teams. When it gets to the knockout rounds and they have to play do or die games against other top Liiga or SEL teams, people might put a little more stock in Kupari's performance.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    Hey darby, thank you for the explanation. I don't follow soccer (the only sport I actually follow is hockey), so some of these concepts were foreign to me, no pun intended.
    It's a weird thing to get used to. I have a friend who started following a team in England and I'd get texts asking, "Why is my team playing today? My app says there aren't any games scheduled until Saturday. And they're playing some weird team I've never heard of!"

I'd check online and see they were playing in one of the regular knock-out tournaments against a team from one of the lower leagues.

Another fun concept is promotion/relegation!

Imagine if, every at the end of every season, the bottom three teams in all of the NHL get "relegated" and have to play the following season in the AHL. And the top three teams in the AHL get "promoted" and get to play the next season in the NHL. And this happens every season - bottom three go down, top three come up. If a newly promoted team can stay out of the bottom three, they get to stay up again. And if a relegated team can't crack into the top three, well, enjoy another season in the A.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

It's a weird thing to get used to. I have a friend who started following a team in England and I'd get texts asking, "Why is my team playing today? My app says there aren't any games scheduled until Saturday. And they're playing some weird team I've never heard of!"

I'd check online and see they were playing in one of the regular knock-out tournaments against a team from one of the lower leagues.

Another fun concept is promotion/relegation!

Imagine if, every at the end of every season, the bottom three teams in all of the NHL get "relegated" and have to play the following season in the AHL. And the top three teams in the AHL get "promoted" and get to play the next season in the NHL. And this happens every season - bottom three go down, top three come up. If a newly promoted team can stay out of the bottom three, they get to stay up again. And if a relegated team can't crack into the top three, well, enjoy another season in the A.
    I actually wouldn't mind promotion/relegation (I've heard of that concept before) if the relegated team/league was something other than the AHL, a developmental league for the NHL. Can you imagine; last game of the season. LA needs 2 points to make the playoffs and they're playing the Ontario Reign. LA could just call up the star players from the Reign and play/bench them.

Traveling would have to be sorted out, too.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind promotion/relegation (I've heard of that concept before) if the relegated team/league was something other than the AHL, a developmental league for the NHL. Can you imagine; last game of the season. LA needs 2 points to make the playoffs and they're playing the Ontario Reign. LA could just call up the star players from the Reign and play/bench them.

Traveling would have to be sorted out, too.
    Yeah. In England, every team is independent, so there aren't any conflicts like that.

But, in Spain, a team made up of Barcelona's prospects pretty much wins the second division every season. By rule, though, they can't be promoted because their parent club is already there.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Remember Me?
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    735 Post(s)

Yeah. In England, every team is independent, so there aren't any conflicts like that.

But, in Spain, a team made up of Barcelona's prospects pretty much wins the second division every season. By rule, though, they can't be promoted because their parent club is already there.
    Clubs have a number of "loaned" players to other teams, but when the parent plays the team the player is loaned to, he can not play.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

Shafigullin was held scoreless again today in a 6-1 loss.

His team has scored 1 goal in two games. At least he'll be at home in LA if he moves here.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

Kupari had an assist in a 4-2 win.

Shafigullin was held scoreless in a 2-1 win