2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    San Jose just became the class of the Pacific division for sure.
    Ottawa has probably just handed their second Cup to a California team.

Worst franchise of all time.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4595 Post(s)

I thought whoever got EK would be screwed. I am not convinced he will ever be what he was pre-injury and his next salary will be for past production. But Dorian proved me wrong. How did the Senators get such a small return back and NOT have traded Bobby Ryan in the deal. It's simply astounding. The Athletic did a piece on the expected return and all of the returns were healthy (think Martin St Louis trade). Ottawa got a 3C, 6D, two good but not great prospects, and 2 picks. Derp. News flash: quantity does not equal quality.

On the bright side, Anaheim appears to be expecting a down year. The Oilers will probably be back in the playoff picture, Calgary took some really positive steps this summer too. I can't help but think Vegas is in for a rude awakening, so the Kings should be fighting for that 2nd spot with the Alberta squads.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewCastle View Post
    Well, this is bothersome.
    It doesn't bother me. The dude doesn't actually play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    EK and Burns, ugh. Sharts could be scary good this season.
    I don't think they'll be as good as everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Good for them, they have to keep up with Vegas for the Pacific.
    Vegas is going to have the hangover this year, and teams will stop having the Vegas flu like last year.

I thought whoever got EK would be screwed. I am not convinced he will ever be what he was pre-injury and his next salary will be for past production. But Dorian proved me wrong. How did the Senators get such a small return back and NOT have traded Bobby Ryan in the deal. It's simply astounding. The Athletic did a piece on the expected return and all of the returns were healthy (think Martin St Louis trade). Ottawa got a 3C, 6D, two good but not great prospects, and 2 picks. Derp. News flash: quantity does not equal quality.
    They sure as hell didn't give up what they should have had to, but whatever. Karlsson doesn't scare me as much as the rest of you, and everyone will now be able to truly compare him to Doughty.

My hope is that the Sharks go and give him more than Doughty for the max length. That means that they will only have $14M left starting next offseason to sign over 10 players, Pavelski included, and they have hitched their ride to 7 players for $52M per season.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    707 Post(s)

The first person to use San Jose and "class" in the same sentence.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    707 Post(s)

Assuming he will want 11-12MM a year, do the Sharts even have the cap space available next year (as of right now)?

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Assuming he will want 11-12MM a year, do the Sharts even have the cap space available next year (as of right now)?
    Yes. But that will mean they have a lot less to sign Pavelski, Thornton (If he doesn’t hang them up) and about 8 other RFAs.

They better hope Evander Kane doesn’t go back to doing Evander Kane like things, and EK’s wife doesn’t turn out to be the bat**** crazy one.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    537 Post(s)

Like I've said before (and banned on HFBoards for stating this)...Karlsson is JMFJ with a better scoring touch...

There's a reason Ottawa/all star/world tournaments never put him on the ice while short-handed in ANY situation...

We shouldn't be worried too much...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    526 Post(s)

Once they realize their key players on offense are inferior to defense and that EK doesn't play defense, they'll play him as a scoring winger.

I mean, he can't even be paired with Burns, at least not very effectively (same sided shot). And due to playing style. I mean, sure, they'll have 1A and 1B pairings, but...Braun is right shot D, too. It's not going to be ideal.

Or maybe they shift Burns into a forward again.
    Last edited by Bollocks; September 13th, 2018 at 11:50 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    On the bright side, Anaheim appears to be expecting a down year. The Oilers will probably be back in the playoff picture, Calgary took some really positive steps this summer too. I can't help but think Vegas is in for a rude awakening, so the Kings should be fighting for that 2nd spot with the Alberta squads.
    Wait just a minute! Who is this . . . and what have you done with our Mondoman?!?