Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1206 Post(s)

Default LA kings announce new iHeartRadio network, no longer broadcast on AM radio

The LA Kings and iHeartMedia have announced that as part of a new and innovative digital partnership, all Kings games - including preseason, regular season and postseason contests - will now stream live on the new official LA Kings Audio Network, a custom station available on iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia's all-in-one digital music, podcast, on demand and live streaming radio service.

The coverage on iHeartRadio will also include the broadcast's 30-minute pregame show, which begins with tonight's first preseason game against the Arizona Coyotes at STAPLES Center at 7 p.m.
    Additionally, iHeartRadio will feature Kings Talk, the club's popular call-in radio show, which will stream live after most home games inside the Impact Sports Bar & Grill inside STAPLES Center.

The LA Kings Audio Network will also be the only place to hear the additional online Kings content plus replays of each game, and as part of the agreement, iHeartRadio will feature exclusive Kings audio content for listeners.

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/la-ki...on/c-300181246

More at the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ilovela; September 18th, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1206 Post(s)

Wait.... Apparently they will no longer broadcast games on AM radio?!?!?!

There’s a lengthy press release below, but the gist of it: the LA Kings have partnered with I Heart Radio to create the LA Kings Audio Network, a station that will stream Kings games and content on the iHeart Radio app in lieu of a terrestrial AM radio station. A number of Kings games will still be available on SiriusXM, and the first two pre-season Staples Center home games – tonight versus Arizona and Thursday versus Vegas – can be heard on The Patriot 1150. All games may also be streamed over the NHL’s app. Foster Hewitt Award winner Nick Nickson will return for his 38th season as the Kings’ radio play-by-play broadcaster and will again be joined by Daryl Evans, who will return for his 20th season as the Kings’ color analyst on radio.

This may require a switch of some listening habits for many who rely on AM radio to listen to Kings games, especially in the car, or in areas with spotty LTE or 3G/4G coverage. Details on how to access the app and bookmark the LA Kings Audio Network are below.
    https://lakingsinsider.com/2018/09/1...-iheart-radio/
    Last edited by ilovela; September 18th, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2741 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovela View Post
    Wait.... Apparently they will no longer broadcast games on AM radio?!?!?!

https://lakingsinsider.com/2018/09/1...-iheart-radio/
    Well, that sucks!!! My car is old....can't connect my phone to the radio.

GO KINGS GO!!!

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

They will also broadcast on radio, on "The Patriot" 1150 AM, can't wait for the awful gold ads and other scams most conservative radio has.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3548 Post(s)

As long as I can listen to Kings Talk on my drive home from Staples on AM 1150.. I don't care what they do with this iheartradio stuff. If I can't.. then damn that sucks.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    As long as I can listen to Kings Talk on my drive home from Staples on AM 1150.. I don't care what they do with this iheartradio stuff. If I can't.. then damn that sucks.
    Per Rosen's blog post it seems like no more AM radio

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    749 Post(s)

Glad I have unlimited data on our phones now.

All Star
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1206 Post(s)

Curtis Zupke

@curtiszupke
    Following Following @curtiszupke
    More
    Significant broadcast news to pass along: Kings games will no longer be on the AM dial. Announcement today that all games will be audio streamed on LA Kings Audio Network on iHeartRadio.
    https://twitter.com/curtiszupke/stat...06198403579904

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

From the original article:
    Tonight's game, which begins at 7:30 p.m., and the Kings vs. Vegas Golden Knights preseason game on Thursday, September 20, will feature a special simultaneous broadcast on the LA Kings Audio Network as well as on The Patriot AM 1150.
    I guess maybe that means ONLY tonight will be broadcast there, and not future games? Seems unclear.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2003 Post(s)

....and the Kings have reached a new low.

Clearly the Kings games do not bring in enough listeners to KABC or 1150 to justify being the radio home of the Kings.

My guess is after 2 Cup wins they struck while the iron was hot to get the radio deal done with KABC.
    Now the Kings have cratered, and radio (on its own) is in a funk, so it was a one-two punch of fail that left the Kings off the AM dial.