Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Wow. There is a lot of hostility towards Cb, guessing he has a long standing history with most of you; meh, I think he's kind of fun. There is a very "The Emperor has no clothes!" vibe to him. To which I reply to his post: Dude what if we're kind of into exhibitionists emperors?
    He just turned SUPER NEGATIVE. we could win 5-1 and he'd complain that Brown didn't score.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    They don't like the angle of the dangle.
    Ha! Fair enough. I feel like i may have poked the bear with this one, CB has passion and is super serious about it. Hope he's laughing otherwise i'm going to get 3k words on apathy, zen or the dissociation fandom disorder (which i just made up). =)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    Season is here!!

The first CBGB negative post has sprouted.
    And only 552 posts after he swore he'd quit posting altogether (how many seasons ago was that?).

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

I don't mind losing in the preseason because every time we have had a good preseason we then started to suck.
    Let it be.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    468 Post(s)

He's trying to make a bet with Dennis Bernstein that the Kings won't make the playoffs. So He's actively rooting against them. That's all you need to know.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    455 Post(s)

It is true that the Kings need to catch up and get faster and they should focus on that with players they bring in. They did add scoring in bring Kovi in and hopefull he scores at least 30 this season. The more important issue is first Tafoli, he has to score goals, at the very least 35, if he doesn't take it up to the next level it will really hurt the Kings. The next is Kempe he has to take the next step. You cannot be successful in the NHL when one line is doing all the scoring. They need at least two lines that score consistently and if the third and fourth line can get one here and there they will be in good shape. So what I'm saying Kopitar and Carters line must score consistently for the Kings to do some damage

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Wow. There is a lot of hostility towards Cb, guessing he has a long standing history with most of you; meh, I think he's kind of fun. There is a very "The Emperor has no clothes!" vibe to him. To which I reply to his post: Dude what if we're kind of into exhibitionists emperors?
    It's not really hostility. Just trying to hold him to his own standards!

Can he still produce at the highest level considering his age and history of self-inflicted concussions? Can he recreate the kind of outside the box, hopeless negativity that made him an LGK legend? He's going to have to work hard to round his game back into shape by opening night, otherwise he may have to start the season commenting on LA Kings Insider's "Good Morning Phoenix" posts and dancing between putts at a CIF golf tournament.
    Personally, I'm betting on him. I think he'll have us all filled with Kings despair and wanting to jump off a bridge again by mid-November.

Remember Me?
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    738 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
    I've been pretty good over the past few decades predicting if the Kings will or not make the playoffs.

I've been pretty accurate (trades..? Atrocious)

Here's why they won't this year:

1) They're too fricken SLOW
    Doughty might be great but he ain't fast. Forbort is a mess at best. Muzzin had a terrible season last year. It ain't gonna get much better. Marty was overworked and had a terrible season as well. It won't get any better. Phaneuf? Please. He's slower than a snail on quaaludes. Daniel Brickley? You're holding out hopes on a college kid? LaDue? Fantenberg? Colin was at least a decent stop-gap.

The defense is what's gonna kill the Kings this season. The rest of the league is just too damn fast.

2) Kopitar's career year:
    He had an amazing year. So did Dustin Brown. Kovalchuk is an upgrade over Iafallo but Kopitar and Brown's numbers will decline and Kovi's numbers will be decent, BUT it will likely be LESS than what Brown and Kopitar produced COMBINED last season playing with Iafallo.

3) 3rd and 4th lines.
    For years, the 3rd and 4th lines have sucked worse than a Vegas hooker. Did it get any better? Nope. It's still a mess. Kempe folded like origami the last 30+ games.

4) Back-Up goaltender
    Kings have been lucky with Budaj and Darcy. Look at Quick's number of wins over the past 2 seasons. 41-33 is NOT impressive. The back-ups? Impressive. I'm not sold on Campbell at all.

5) Power-less play
    The Kings with Pierre Turgeon were horrible on the pp - with him gone, how does it get better?

6) Oilers, Stars and Calgary
    All improved during the off-season. The Kings? They signed Kovalchuk and that's it. No defensive help. No veteran.

The Kings are going to have a surprisingly miserable season. John will be fired and the mini-rebuild will begin. Have NEVER been sold on Rob Blake and never will. Sure, he's signed Iafallo and some college kids, but what HAS he done? Win? Nope.

Sorry, folks. The Kings ain't making the playoffs.
    By far, number 1 is the biggest concern. The only saving grace is Anaheim wont be in the playoffs either.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    791 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    And only 552 posts after he swore he'd quit posting altogether (how many seasons ago was that?).
    Wasn't 'that back when he was known as "Dancing Boy"?

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1117 Post(s)

Welcome to 1998.