2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

Default Funny Sales Pitch from LA Kings...... lol

I received a "Special Offer" booklet in my mailbox from the Kings yesterday. It says that IF I "mention this offer" when I buy a Season Ticket Package, I can get a SIGNED PUCK, while supplies last.

I can't decide if that's better or worse than a plastic wallet. Meanwhile, I'm looking at opening night tickets for LESS than STH price.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    342 Post(s)

Is that funny strange or funny ha ha?

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    Is that funny strange or funny ha ha?
    Both! I was laughing just waiting to see what the "special offer" might be. A plastic wallet? A signed 5x7" card? Nope, a signed hockey puck. It's going to take much more than a hockey puck to sell me $10K in tickets that I could buy on the secondary market for a fraction of the price. Hahaha.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    758 Post(s)

I think I got the same thing....but I have season seats....they want me to buy more?

Psst!

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2617 Post(s)

I got 3 copies of the same mailer. I'm on ALL the lists! (I share season seats, but it's not my name on that account)

GO KINGS GO!!!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)

Again, everyone complaining about the resale market seems to conveniently ignore the high-demand games that they're able to sell for double/triple the STH price. Sure, I sold my $39/per ticket seats for $13/per versus Calgary in October and for $14/per versus Ottawa in December. But I sold for $66/per versus Anaheim in November. $99/per versus Vegas is December. $108/per versus Anaheim in January. Plenty more money losers and plenty more money winners throughout the season. It really does even out, if you honestly crunch the numbers (super-premium seats excluded--I'm sure it's harder to recoup your center-ice 100 level seats...). Yes, you could probably put together a 10-15 game plan of weekday games versus small market opponents for less than half of the STH price. But there's no way you could attend every single game for a "fraction of the STH prices".
    Last edited by Catastrophe; October 1st, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Did you see the new commercial with Kopi at the beach. The commercial should have ended with California Dreamin.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    758 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    again, everyone complaining about the resale market seems to conveniently ignore the high-demand games that they're able to sell for double/triple the sth price. Sure, i sold my $39/per ticket seats for $13/per versus calgary in october and for $14/per versus ottawa in december. But i sold for $66/per versus anaheim in november. $99/per versus vegas is december. $108/per versus anaheim in january. Plenty more money losers and plenty more money winners throughout the season. It really does even out, if you honestly crunch the numbers (super-premium seats excluded--i'm sure it's harder to recoup your center-ice 100 level seats...). Yes, you could probably put together a 10-15 game plan of weekday games versus small market opponents for less than half of the sth price. But there's no way you could attend every single game for a "fraction of the sth prices".
    scalper...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

For tomorrow's Red Wings game, I could buy 2 tickets behind the net Kings Shoot 2x for $70/ea after fees, way lower than STH price! I could go center ice Sec 101 or 101 for $100/ea.

No way I would pay full fare STH price!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1078 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    For tomorrow's Red Wings game, I could buy 2 tickets behind the net Kings Shoot 2x for $70/ea after fees, way lower than STH price! I could go center ice Sec 101 or 101 for $100/ea.

No way I would pay full fare STH price!
    Yes we know. You said so all last season too. And you love Vegas.

Time to come up with a new gimmick...