2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)

Default Funny Sales Pitch from LA Kings...... lol

I received a "Special Offer" booklet in my mailbox from the Kings yesterday. It says that IF I "mention this offer" when I buy a Season Ticket Package, I can get a SIGNED PUCK, while supplies last.

I can't decide if that's better or worse than a plastic wallet. Meanwhile, I'm looking at opening night tickets for LESS than STH price.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Is that funny strange or funny ha ha?

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    Is that funny strange or funny ha ha?
    Both! I was laughing just waiting to see what the "special offer" might be. A plastic wallet? A signed 5x7" card? Nope, a signed hockey puck. It's going to take much more than a hockey puck to sell me $10K in tickets that I could buy on the secondary market for a fraction of the price. Hahaha.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    807 Post(s)

I think I got the same thing....but I have season seats....they want me to buy more?

Psst!

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2945 Post(s)

I got 3 copies of the same mailer. I'm on ALL the lists! (I share season seats, but it's not my name on that account)

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)

Again, everyone complaining about the resale market seems to conveniently ignore the high-demand games that they're able to sell for double/triple the STH price. Sure, I sold my $39/per ticket seats for $13/per versus Calgary in October and for $14/per versus Ottawa in December. But I sold for $66/per versus Anaheim in November. $99/per versus Vegas is December. $108/per versus Anaheim in January. Plenty more money losers and plenty more money winners throughout the season. It really does even out, if you honestly crunch the numbers (super-premium seats excluded--I'm sure it's harder to recoup your center-ice 100 level seats...). Yes, you could probably put together a 10-15 game plan of weekday games versus small market opponents for less than half of the STH price. But there's no way you could attend every single game for a "fraction of the STH prices".
    Last edited by Catastrophe; October 1st, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Did you see the new commercial with Kopi at the beach. The commercial should have ended with California Dreamin.

Sizzler Across The Street
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    807 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    again, everyone complaining about the resale market seems to conveniently ignore the high-demand games that they're able to sell for double/triple the sth price. Sure, i sold my $39/per ticket seats for $13/per versus calgary in october and for $14/per versus ottawa in december. But i sold for $66/per versus anaheim in november. $99/per versus vegas is december. $108/per versus anaheim in january. Plenty more money losers and plenty more money winners throughout the season. It really does even out, if you honestly crunch the numbers (super-premium seats excluded--i'm sure it's harder to recoup your center-ice 100 level seats...). Yes, you could probably put together a 10-15 game plan of weekday games versus small market opponents for less than half of the sth price. But there's no way you could attend every single game for a "fraction of the sth prices".
    scalper...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)

For tomorrow's Red Wings game, I could buy 2 tickets behind the net Kings Shoot 2x for $70/ea after fees, way lower than STH price! I could go center ice Sec 101 or 101 for $100/ea.

No way I would pay full fare STH price!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1272 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kings7 View Post
    For tomorrow's Red Wings game, I could buy 2 tickets behind the net Kings Shoot 2x for $70/ea after fees, way lower than STH price! I could go center ice Sec 101 or 101 for $100/ea.

No way I would pay full fare STH price!
    Yes we know. You said so all last season too. And you love Vegas.

Time to come up with a new gimmick...