Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3034 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Are you talking about how the Kings roster never seems to change? I would agree 100 percent. I don't think the core is supposed to be 11 deep.
    Well, if it ain't broke... Oh. Right.

Myopic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

The kool-aid is too strong this season to have another Cup.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1921 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Are you talking about how the Kings roster never seems to change? I would agree 100 percent. I don't think the core is supposed to be 11 deep.
    LA Kings: Rotten to the Core!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1081 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Fresh enthusiasm is badly needed. Nothing grows stale faster than the same people hearing the same voices say the same things in the same situations year after year after year.

I am all for keeping a core plus some solid citizens around so the new guys can acclimate, but 11 is freaking ridiculous. You need to make lateral moves from time to time. New guys add new wrinkles, new interpretations to the system. It's all part of the reason why Kings hockey is not successful now, but what's worse, it's boring as hell.

I am pretty excited to see Kovalchuk play, at least it's something engaging that breaks up the monotony.
    Agreed. I mean, I like guys like Clifford and Lewis but they need to finish overhualing the bottom 6 and then make more serious structural changes. Can any defenseman not named Doughty be moved for scoring help? What about a guy like Toffoli or Pearson, can he get a puck mover on the blue line?

Meanwhile we're stuck in a time singularity where nothing ever changes. Nearly the same coaching staff. Keep guys like Greene and Stoll around to mentor the kids. Basically the Kings are the sports franchise equivalent of academic inbreeding at a university. I could see remaining insular if we were still winning Cups but the results are no longer there.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1277 Post(s)

Wow!! That new & improved sound mixing was amazing during the pre-game!

#thanksluc

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1277 Post(s)

I almost forgot to ask, did anyone that went to the game taste the difference tonight?

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1725 Post(s)

I won't take the time to look this up, but I am pretty certain that there aren't any other teams with 11 players still on the pro roster from 2014.
    My beef is that if they are gonna keep the youngster(s) up and not send them back, then they gotta play them. Wagner had 3 grade A chances tonight on his wheels alone, playing with the plumbers. He should be playing 12 to 15 minutes, not Iafallo.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1725 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    I almost forgot to ask, did anyone that went to the game taste the difference tonight?
    Yeah, they ****ed up the Roast beef sandwich, and pulled the Pastrami off the menu.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4674 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    My beef is that if they are gonna keep the youngster(s) up and not send them back, then they gotta play them. Wagner had 3 grade A chances tonight on his wheels alone, playing with the plumbers. He should be playing 12 to 15 minutes, not Iafallo.
    I just hope the kid pots a few before he loses confidence and the chances dry up. He may end up leading the league in almosts.

More Vilardi, Anderson-Dolan, Iafallo, Kempe, Amadio and Wagner, less Kovalchuk, Thompson and Clifford please.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1725 Post(s)

I just hope the kid pots a few before he loses confidence and the chances dry up. He may end up leading the league in almosts.

More Vilardi, Anderson-Dolan, Iafallo, Kempe, Amadio and Wagner, less Kovalchuk, Thompson and Clifford please.
    He should just put the lines in a blender and just roll 4 for a handful of games. Scratch the vets a game here and there, rotate the pups to the press box of you have to for coaching purposes, but A-D should not be up here if he ainít gonna play. He canít build off the preseason he had sitting on his ass up there mowing hot digs.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom