My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Yea, but Kovy was NOT what the team needed. He may have time where he is fun to watch.
    Heck I even said he would be a boss on the PP and that it would improve....silly me.

However, getting a 36 year old for a 3 year contract is not going to help the team make its way toward being a contender again.
    It prolongs that journey to becoming a contender.

The club needed to go out and get a new coach and system that works in the present NHL, then dump the garbage that occupies the bottom six.
    Play the kids, and trade some vets for new blood, and BREAK-UP the rotten core.

They will eventually do this, but until then, Luc is trying to fill-up Uncle Phill's pockets with as much $$ for as long as he can squeeze the idea to uninformed fans that the Kings are still only a player or two and a tweak away from greatness.
    Straight-up exactly was I was telling by buddies yesterday. Being a coach and seeing players come out one way, SUCKING, and then coming out with a little jump, but that little jump makes a noticeable difference is coaching and system 100%!!!
    Fing Stevens needs to go. This stale crap, seriously....

Sorry but Lewy and Cliffy are only ****ting in spots where the kids can learn. If GV EVER plays, I hope that they send down Cliffy <--I LOVE YOU MAN, AND YOUR ZOMBIE BOBBLE HEAD WAS THE BEST!!!! And I hope they keep Wagner and JAD up an send Lewy down only to be taken off of waivers.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Alright, since we're venting... the thing that really irked me last night was no mention or analysis of a play where coaching changed the whole momentum of the game, and possibly the outcome.

Although Winnipeg had dominated certain aspects of the game from the start, there was a point early in the second period where they started to really own it, and the Kings had iced the puck about 3 times in a row. Finally, Winnipeg iced it, and I thought here's an opportunity to send out the top unit and try to knock in a bang bang goal, because that's what teams who know how to win do when they're the second best team on the ice. Unfortunately, the opportunity Stevens and his staff saw was an opportunity to send out the 4th line for a protected offensive zone start! What the ****? It was a 1-1 game! And you had a chance to steal something. Outcome was a bad penalty taken, and no mention of it by anyone.

Except for fans who blamed Amadio!

Halloween Dolphin!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    *sad face* Sorry that happened to you Orphy.

Have you read any Charles Bukowski? Not the short stories or poems but the novels? "Ham on Rye", is his "origin" story, if you will; his dad was a total bastard so it may trigger you but still might be worth a read.
    Lol. You should take what I say here with a grain of salt. I exaggerate things here for comedic value. It's my shtick.

No. I haven't read any of his novels. And I haven't seen Barfly, which I am I sure somewhere is based on his life.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4831 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Agreed, take a look at Anaheim. Their kids are doing great.
    You need to keep your picks to have the kids, and the Kings are paying for those traded away for the Cup pursuits (both the wins and the losses) now with this gap.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
    Lol. You should take what I say here with a grain of salt. I exaggerate things here for comedic value. It's my shtick.

No. I haven't read any of his novels. And I haven't seen Barfly, which I am I sure somewhere is based on his life.
    Whew! Oh. Okay. My mistake, my empathy level tends to run a little high. Sometimes I forget I'm a stranger in a strange land here.

Seems like Buk would be in your wheelhouse as an author, all he writes about is women, booze and (most importantly) the beauty/futility of life.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3100 Post(s)

Seems like Buk would be in your wheelhouse as an author, all he writes about is women, booze and (most importantly) the beauty/futility of life.

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Whew! Oh. Okay. My mistake, my empathy level tends to run a little high. Sometimes I forget I'm a stranger in a strange land here.

I hear that, brother!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Look on the bright side. We dont suck as bad as Vegas right now.
    They are melting down over at HFboards with their 1 and 3 record

heheheh

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    711 Post(s)

Default The Spin is UNREAL

An entire team being so out of sync, miscues on the powerplay (including sending 4 guys out on a 5-on-4 powerplay) is symptomatic of messages not being communicated and players not being prepared.

The entire team is out of sync; it's not a lack of effort.