Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2140 Post(s)

Donít lose your mind over a couple losses. Not sure what kind of team you all expected? They are older, did you think they would be better?

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Donít lose your mind over a couple losses. Not sure what kind of team you all expected? They are older, did you think they would be better?
    Not sure who this is directed at but I'll respond. My post actually has nothing to do with the team. I'm pretty much seeing what I expected to see. I'm just appalled at the company line spin across the board. I expect Fox to put lipstick on a pig, that's what he always does. There were some that were more honest in their assessment in the past, that are now glossing over the debacle that we watch. It's a pathetic sales pitch directed at the uninformed, and it seems like it was a company-wide directive. I have low expectations for the Kings for the foreseeable future, but will still watch most if not all games stricktly for entertainment. I will not however listen to these chuckleheads try to spin a game or a team into something it's not as I find that insulting. I'll be watching the opposing team's broadcast from now on. The Insider is a joke too. Posters on this board have more informative reporting and breaking news.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    459 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STONE View Post
    I hear that, brother!

Ha! Thanks Stone, not sure if you're being funny or unintentionally proving my point, but I'm a lady. Then again, I totally get it, when a post can be expressed as a song you gotta do it and damn the content(torpedoes?)!

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3929 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    An entire team being so out of sync, miscues on the powerplay (including sending 4 guys out on a 5-on-4 powerplay) is symptomatic of messages not being communicated and players not being prepared.

The entire team is out of sync; it's not a lack of effort.
    Yup. And ďsyncĒ is a product of a good system/game plan created by the coaching staff and executed by the players. It is not a random result.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Is Tippett available?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)

It is such a PITA to sync Nic and Daryl with the tv.

It's only been 3 games, I'm gonna try to make it to the end of the month.

By then, I will have to do it.

I still can't really figure out Fox and Faust. I thought maybe I caught Fox rolling his eyes when Faust was talking out his ass between periods

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1512 Post(s)

Do yourselves a favor and mute the sound. Very, very few announcers bring anything to a broadcast.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    978 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    Not sure who this is directed at but I'll respond. My post actually has nothing to do with the team. I'm pretty much seeing what I expected to see. I'm just appalled at the company line spin across the board. I expect Fox to put lipstick on a pig, that's what he always does. There were some that were more honest in their assessment in the past, that are now glossing over the debacle that we watch. It's a pathetic sales pitch directed at the uninformed, and it seems like it was a company-wide directive. I have low expectations for the Kings for the foreseeable future, but will still watch most if not all games stricktly for entertainment. I will not however listen to these chuckleheads try to spin a game or a team into something it's not as I find that insulting. I'll be watching the opposing team's broadcast from now on. The Insider is a joke too. Posters on this board have more informative reporting and breaking news.
    To follow this point, I'll cite an example during the broadcast where Jim Fox had the guys cue up a tape and used the replay to explain... tripping. The replay then showed Amadio swinging his stick along the ice, it hit the Jets player's skate, and then the Jets player fell down.

Why this was on the broadcast, I have NO idea. It wasn't an uncommon or weird trip. It was one of the most common things that happens on the ice nearly every game. But Fox and the broadcast team took the time to highlight it and explain it like it was the first time anyone had ever seen a hockey game. Like it was aimed at a "I've just arrived from Zimbabwe and never seen ice skaters, let alone this weird sport. How is it played and what are the rules?" kind of viewer.

As for the Insider, ever since the lockout and they had to fire the original Insider (edit: John Hammond), that blog has gone from actual independent critical analysis and information (ie real reporting) to a PR page. No news breaks there, and everything has been vetted and approved by the Kings. That place is a sham.

The team's been doing this for YEARS though. Ever since they won the Cups and the newer fans have come through, it's been all "Rah-rah! We're teh goodest!" Fox openly campaigning for players to get awards, analysts glossing over problems on the team, whether it's performance or personnel, O'Neil and Rosen and Cohen all blithely yapping about the team like hype men, and the god-awful in-game circus.

The only guys who've managed to seemingly steer clear of this are the radio team. Nickson and Evans tend to be pretty straight shooters, but they've been more and more removed from any front-facing contact with the fanbase.

I mean, I'm not happy with the lack of real direction with the team, but I'd be able to stomach it a little more if the organization was seemingly at all interested in being real about it.
    Last edited by darby; October 11th, 2018 at 11:44 AM.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    The Kings aren't even fun to watch. They are extremely boring with their dump n chase and all star-star power play on paper but an extremely horrible and predictable system. Not sure the entertainment you get out of it. As of mid last season, during the regular season I watch them if I know they are going to play another team that is actually exciting to watch. That is why I didn't mind DT making crazy trades in the Palffy era because that some awesome amazing hockey to watch even not winning a Cup. Gretzky era was great to see also. Purple and Gold days I was like in 1st grade so I just loved watching hockey when I could and when my dad could take me to the Forum to watch live.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2004 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    To follow this point, I'll cite an example during the broadcast where Jim Fox had the guys cue up a tape and used the replay to explain... tripping. The replay then showed Amadio swinging his stick along the ice, it hit the Jets player's skate, and then the Jets player fell down.

Why this was on the broadcast, I have NO idea. It wasn't an uncommon or weird trip. It was one of the most common things that happens on the ice nearly every game. But Fox and the broadcast team took the time to highlight it and explain it like it was the first time anyone had ever seen a hockey game. Like it was aimed at a "I've just arrived from Zimbabwe and never seen ice skaters, let alone this weird sport. How is it played and what are the rules?" kind of viewer.

As for the Insider, ever since the lockout and they had to fire the original Insider (edit: John Hammond), that blog has gone from actual independent critical analysis and information (ie real reporting) to a PR page. No news breaks there, and everything has been vetted and approved by the Kings. That place is a sham.

The team's been doing this for YEARS though. Ever since they won the Cups and the newer fans have come through, it's been all "Rah-rah! We're teh goodest!" Fox openly campaigning for players to get awards, analysts glossing over problems on the team, whether it's performance or personnel, O'Neil and Rosen and Cohen all blithely yapping about the team like hype men, and the god-awful in-game circus.

The only guys who've managed to seemingly steer clear of this are the radio team. Nickson and Evans tend to be pretty straight shooters, but they've been more and more removed from any front-facing contact with the fanbase.

I mean, I'm not happy with the lack of real direction with the team, but I'd be able to stomach it a little more if the organization was seemingly at all interested in being real about it.
    Makes you wonder: Nickson & Evans job longevity with the Kings does not look so good considering the Kings killed the radio broadcast.

If you are Luc and your pursuit is to make $$ even at the expense of the fans, why have two broadcast crews when you just killed off the radio broadcast feed?
    If the Kings don't feel the radio broadcast is worth the money (nor do the local radio stations for that matter) then why pay an additional crew to do it?

I bet it will be sooner than later that the Kings go to one crew for both television and radi....err internet.

Perhaps though, there is a silver lining: In a move to go to one crew, the Kings fire both Faust and Fox, and replace them with Nickson and Evans.

Somebody send the memo to Luc!