Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2011 Post(s)

Rosen is a puppet.
    Plain and simple.

"Insider" is just a name for a Kings approved blog. Nothing more. Nothing independent about it.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)

Alex FROST is probably the single biggest reason I watch the kings with the sound down....he is absolutely horrid....I would rather pour hot coffee into my ears than listen to his blather...

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I don't understand why people complain that an outlet created specifically as the team's PR/marketing outlet is generating PR and marketing. Y'all complain that company press releases are not hard-hitting investigative pieces, too?
    Mondo nailed it. It didn't start out that way. After the Jets game I believe the article called the Kings "undermanned". Rubbish! What team doesn't have injured players?! Hammond wouldn't have made foolish excuses. Sure Brown is out, but we were without him for years. Quick being out has also been a nonfactor so far because goaltending has been one of the only bright spots so far. Just bull**** spin that didn't use to be.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STONE View Post
    Funny, sorry, sister!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    820 Post(s)

They keep bringing up the fact that a lot of these players won cups several years ago and that was the first thing they said after getting swept. Until they get passed that (milk every penny they can squeeze) nothing will change.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Maybe three years ago, there's a game the Kings lose by 1 where there is a late game face off in the offensive zone (<1 min remaining) and DD8 is on the bench. Not a single reporter asked Sutter why in the post game. I asked Rosen why he didn't ask about it. He replied something to the effect of "you don't question a Hall of Fame coach". These guys (and the local media mostly) are just PR for the team in the guise of journalism.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1512 Post(s)

I did notice the PP only started drawing questions after Travis Yost posted some screen shots on twitter with some less than enthusiastic comments. Hopefully the athletics lisa dillman will ask some real questions

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Ice View Post
    Maybe three years ago, there's a game the Kings lose by 1 where there is a late game face off in the offensive zone (<1 min remaining) and DD8 is on the bench. Not a single reporter asked Sutter why in the post game. I asked Rosen why he didn't ask about it. He replied something to the effect of "you don't question a Hall of Fame coach". These guys (and the local media mostly) are just PR for the team in the guise of journalism.
    That's a great example.

I'll make a comparison to modern technology: Only 5-6 years ago CIO's for large enterprises would balk at using solutions that were open source. Not until start-ups started kicking their asses, take your pick, did they notice that the difference was fail-fast methodologies, utilizing mostly open-source CI/CD pipelines to develop in minutes and seconds compared to days and weeks. Most Enterprises are "Trying" to implement this under the false narrative of DevOps, but gaining momentum because of it, mainly FinTech. This has allowed Enterprises to take advantage of automation, agility and speed to market, i.e. mobile apps, updates, etc...The successful enterprises think of the commercial model in-line with the enterprise model, mix the old with the new, i.e. keeping the lights on while they transform.

The Kings brass have been like that old crusty CIO, not willing to go all-in on the kids (open source), but trusting the vets (licensed model) every step of the way. This will limit them from embracing the speed and agility, especially if they don't let the kids learn (fail-fast), right now, but delaying it.

I hope the Kings keep integrating the kids, sit Cliffy and/or Lewy as soon as we can, throw in Wagner now, and GV later. Loved what the integration pulled off last night!!

It's that NHL attitude of old approaches are always right and new approaches don't work as experience is everything. I would be quick to point anyone in the NHL to Kyle Dubas. The leafs are fun to watch, hands-down. In THIS day and age, in-line with skill, data is POWER. And this age of big data & analytics changing the game, quite literally, of business and sports, is undeniable, as the analytics will show (;
    Last edited by STONE; October 12th, 2018 at 09:26 AM.

SHOOT!
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    Listening to Fox during the Winnipeg game, O'Neal during the intermission, and reading Insider today, it's downright insulting.
    Pretend your audience is 5th graders.

Now tell us what you're trying to say.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    800 Post(s)

Regarding Hammond...….I was under the impression that he let out some sort of secretive move that DL was trying to make. Got into big trouble over it. Was unhappy with the shackles that were placed on him regarding giving out news reports.