1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    lol, we lose on Tuesday and there are pages and pages about the game. We win in a shutout...and..crickets.
    Maybe people hopped off the bandwagon after Tuesday.

You know how the Kings announcers make us out to be the best. 500 team in the league? I'd offer the opposite after last night.

We beat a really bad Montreal team.
    We gave up 40 shots again.
    Campbell played out of his mind and masked a lot of problems.
    The power play is incompetent.
    The shutout happened because of the challenge and a quick whistle.
    We gave up 2 breakaways, clean breakaways, in the first 10 minutes.
    The Kings overall continue to play really really slow. They are so deliberate with the puck.

On the bright side, the defense scored 2 points so yay poll question. And Carter is making a new generation of youngsters look like stars.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3405 Post(s)

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the kings defense would be credited with 2 points:

ChilledAgua
    Cross Traffic
    LAKingSteve
    Rusty
    rozzy
    KHenry14
    forum gold
    MaxwellSmart
    hokiecat
    Moog
    Craig22929
    RoS
    pray4mojo
    TooCool
    AngelEyes
    LeftyKing
    Nyssa42
    STONE
    VegasHockey
    beady eye
    srm1105

Every chance the kings organization gets to spoil the Habs memories of '93 they absolutely should. If that ends up being the highlight of this season, I'll not lie, i'll be a happy spiteful man. Stupid horse**** illegal.......
    But the game was good, they did what they were supposed to do. Campbell is steadying the back end as it's currently needed. Fair to say the D is struggling, and a lot of that struggle is the lack of any semblance of a 5 man game for transition. I forgot where I read it but someone made the point that early season games tend to be a true reflection of talent since systems and timing are off. Its pretty clear that Chucky is still an A grade NHL talent. Its also clear that the bottom 6 needs to turn into a bottom 3 and the other three need to be youth based. The ability of the core of this team to play long stretches of very disciplined hockey will be the absolute doldrums but in the meantime I'm less concerned about being outshot so long as the points continue at an over .500 rate. Off to Ottawa where they should again take care of business.
    Last edited by Nyssa42; October 12th, 2018 at 11:57 AM.

Reptilian Ambassador
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Maybe people hopped off the bandwagon after Tuesday.

You know how the Kings announcers make us out to be the best. 500 team in the league? I'd offer the opposite after last night.

We beat a really bad Montreal team.
    We gave up 40 shots again.
    Campbell played out of his mind and masked a lot of problems.
    The power play is incompetent.
    The shutout happened because of the challenge and a quick whistle.
    We gave up 2 breakaways, clean breakaways, in the first 10 minutes.
    The Kings overall continue to play really really slow. They are so deliberate with the puck.

On the bright side, the defense scored 2 points so yay poll question. And Carter is making a new generation of youngsters look like stars.
    Keep discounting the Kings opponents!!
    If you would have watched Montreal own Pittsburgh, you might actually be able tocontribute to this conversation.
    Pittsburgh dispatched the omnipotent LVK, your secret fav team!!!
    Bottle nose!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojanglz View Post
    The Kings need to not let Campbell go/trade him like they did Jones. IMO the time has come to seriously consider trading Quick while his value is there. This isn't a Stanley Cup Champion team, especially with this abysmal pp, and it is time to look ahead. Free up needed cap space and get things in return. I love Quick and he has been the best Kings goalie ever and at times the best in the world, but he is getting older and injured a lot and to me as a business sense, this is the way to go. I know Campbell has only played a couple of games, but he is calm, great positioning, and makes a lot of point blank saves. The defense today is no where near as good as Quick has had in front of him in the past either. Look at how many shots he has faced in just those few games. I know Carter would be good trade bait too but I actually liked him on the kids line and could be more beneficial to keep him.

I am kind of agree... we are not a championship team... even Quick was really good in the playoff last year, we could not do anything.

Right now, all we need is to have a goalie that can get us into the playoff, and that would be enough.
    When Quick still have the value, this is the chance we offload some salary and get someone good and young in return.
    We can't ride on him, Kopi, Carter, Brown till they retired and we got nothing back.

Good win last night. We deserved the win.

All Star
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2003 Post(s)

lol, we lose on Tuesday and there are pages and pages about the game. We win in a shutout...and..crickets.
    I dunno about that. That is funny, though.
    Truth be told, it's not like the Kings are going to lose every game this season.
    They won last night, and that's great (even if it was against the lowly Habs).

However, the problems are still there regardless of the wins/losses and how they come.

Stevens is still being Stevens. They system is still the same.
    The PP is still horrific. The "core" is still a big part of the problem.

I however, was happy to see the kids get in on the scoring.
    We need more of that and less of Lewis and Clifford.

Kudos to Campbell, he bailed out the Kings again.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    459 Post(s)

No point in ďflossingĒ over a Bell Centre win on Shea Weber-dressed-in-the-pre-game-skate-to-boost-enthusiasm-for-the-home-team night. Itís too sad and (Jammer's old pain aside) we have too much class. =)

Jam: I let it go when Demers opened up about his adult illiteracy, dude kind of needed a win.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)

Fire the coach!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Hey jammer- donít forget about me. I guessed 2 points and didnít make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the kings defense would be credited with 2 points:

ChilledAgua
    Cross Traffic
    LAKingSteve
    Rusty
    rozzy
    KHenry14
    forum gold
    MaxwellSmart
    hokiecat
    Moog
    Craig22929
    RoS
    pray4mojo
    TooCool
    AngelEyes
    LeftyKing
    Nyssa42
    STONE
    VegasHockey
    beady eye

Every chance the kings organization gets to spoil the Habs memories of '93 they absolutely should. If that ends up being the highlight of this season, I'll not lie, i'll be a happy spiteful man. Stupid horse**** illegal.......
    But the game was good, they did what they were supposed to do. Campbell is steadying the back end as it's currently needed. Fair to say the D is struggling, and a lot of that struggle is the lack of any semblance of a 5 man game for transition. I forgot where I read it but someone made the point that early season games tend to be a true reflection of talent since systems and timing are off. Its pretty clear that Chucky is still an A grade NHL talent. Its also clear that the bottom 6 needs to turn into a bottom 3 and the other three need to be youth based. The ability of the core of this team to play long stretches of very disciplined hockey will be the absolute doldrums but in the meantime I'm less concerned about being outshot so long as the points continue at an over .500 rate. Off to Ottawa where they should again take care of business.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2741 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srm1105 View Post
    Hey jammer- don’t forget about me. I guessed 2 points and didn’t make the list.
    I'll add you in.

GO KINGS GO!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    481 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alosha27 View Post
    Keep discounting the Kings opponents!!
    If you would have watched Montreal own Pittsburgh, you might actually be able tocontribute to this conversation.
    Pittsburgh dispatched the omnipotent LVK, your secret fav team!!!
    Bottle nose!
    Not to mention that the Habs gave Toronto fits in the opener. When Weber returns, and if there are no more critical injuries, they are going to be a factor in the East.